Teh Norg is Dead!

(edited)

Okay, so I'm not REALLY dead... ...but my PC is.

A week or so ago, I lost both my 80GB system drive and my 200GB storage drive for RAW video editing, in a freak occurance...

Anyway, I lived off of my friend's old 15GB drive for a few days, until I could purchase a new one. I did, and now, through yet another freak occurrance, it, and possibly more of my semi brand-spanking equipment may be dead, as well.

All is not well in Norg-ville. Just after the death of my PC, I learned that a PC which I just spent 40+ hours on, as a blessing to a less-fortunate family, died, because of the two components which I couldn't afford to upgrade for them, and it needs to come back, until I can find a PSU and a hard drive for it.

As well, there's a huge increase in work demands - with the construction of three music studios in my boss' garage, for our teaching business, which is still running, concurrently. Not to mention the multiple band practices for the ongoing recording. I need to put at least another 15 hours of troubleshooting into my own PC to figure out exactly what needs to be replaced, and I can't see that happening for at least a few weeks. Even so, if any of it costs money, it may be as late as October before I have expendible income of that/any sort. The money I have left from the bills this summer is definitely being put towards the ladyfriend - sorry, she takes precenence.

Any of those in the practice of praying, I would be greatly appreciative. All of this lack of control is starting to make me physically hate myself - a throwback to a medical condition I used to have. Anything you could lift up, on behalf of my faith, and my will to persevere would be a blessing like no other.

At any rate, the Norg shall live again... ...just not for a while, and I'll suck even worse than ever before.

Edited by Norguard

Norg!! You Still ROCK!!

If you are getting down...there is a script that says. As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. If there is anyway we can sharpen you up...we will do it.

At least you have alot of things to keep you busy. If all you had to do was to sit at home and stare at the computer box...I would lose my mind.

Keep you in my prayers Nor! There is a spot in the server waiting for you when you get back.

NOOOO whos going to kill me all day if your gone? certainly you cant leave it all to pavid and kilz.... =( brb lemme get shock paddles off of ebay... I'LL MAKE YOU LIVE!!!!!

Sorry to hear that norg. U are quite teh fun guy to be with. I know I am new to this gaming community but its been a blast so far. I will be praying for ya. Hope you can make it to the server soon so that we might be able to battle it out some more.

(edited)
Anonymo, you forgot in A in dust 2.  Another favorite Norg Spot.

I miss you man, get back soon! :)

Pfft. SS, everybody knows it's B where teh Norg likes to wait for the DII rushes.

I sit in the most undermanned spot of every map. Take, for example, Dust. I like to sneak up behind the camping terrorists... now, how many other CTs lie in wait at T spawn? So nyah!

Thanks, guys. I'm feeling a whole lot better about my current situation. Doesn't help with the withdrawls, or the two piles of metal, but the important stuff is looked after.

You too, Semper. You've been around at least a few months, and that's long enough for me to know when you're on, and to put an extra helmet on my noggin.

Like I said elsewhere, I'll probably be on a little later tonight. Redhawke's PC is a bit of a clunker, as far as CS: Source is concerned, though, so you'll have to be nice to me...

Edited by Norguard

Like I said elsewhere, I'll probably be on a little later tonight.  Red's PC is a bit of a clunker, as far as CS: Source is concerned, though, so you'll have to be nice to me...

Typically Norg = ScubaBane

maybe now it will be

Scuba = NorgBane

*crosses fingers and says a silent prayer*

(edited)

I've got a couple of D2 spots, but I find that when I'm playing now, I'm either the only one to cover B (including the middle, which you always come through), or threre are a dozen people rushing through B, but do nothing for the middle (which you always come through).

Ptttttthhhhbt!

Thanks for the part offers, guys, but the one PC is pretty high performance, and the second one, well, shipping prices will be almost 50% of the part price. I just came across some free, ancient power supplies for PCs that I fixed back in the P2 days. If I can find a 20GB drive from way back then, for as close to nothing as possible, the clunker is set.

Edited by Norguard

• 1 year later...