Guess what gas is now $4 here.

Acid-Flux

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Well when I posted a few days ago about how gas jumped up to $3.. well now itis $4..

Yes you heard me right, gas jumped $0.80 in a DAY. the price of gas around here is $3.89 (cheapest). Thankfully I filled up first thing this morning when it was still 3.09. But in doing so my car died. So i guess it's kinda good that I cant drive my ca, but then again im sure the cost of this repair bill will out-weigh the price of gas. oh well.

Now.. what can I sell on EBay to make some $ to pay for this dang car....

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Well when I posted a few days ago about how gas jumped up to $3.. well now itis $4..

Yes you heard me right, gas jumped $0.80 in a DAY. the price of gas around here is $3.89 (cheapest). Thankfully I filled up first thing this morning when it was still 3.09. But in doing so my car died. So i guess it's kinda good that I cant drive my ca, but then again im sure the cost of this repair bill will out-weigh the price of gas. oh well.

Now.. what can I sell on EBay to make some $ to pay for this dang car....

Hey acid! ... wow gass used to be a stupid 2.69 down here... I remember how happy i was when it was back down to 2.30-ish now it's $3. dumb hurricane.

gotta love the compasion of these big oil companies.

Hey, pipse are down and you cant get gas around there, sooo lets almost double the price that seems fair..

and of cource no on is doing anything about it. I actually just pumped up my bike tire. going to be biking around for a few days.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
gotta love the compasion of these big oil companies.

Hey, pipse are down and you cant get gas around there, sooo lets almost double the price that seems fair..

and of cource no on is doing anything about it. I actually just pumped up my bike tire. going to be biking around for a few days.

It is not the oil companies that are doubling the prices bud. High demand, short supply = higher cost. With pipe lines down and half our refineries down, there is no way to resupply the gasoline so this is what happens. Hey, I am no fan of the oil companies but they are not causing this.

Zero - don't let the oil companies off the hook that fast. There is a number of things they can do to lower the gas price, don't fool yourself. For one, they could cut about 20% of their total income VOLUNTARILY, not mandatory, for a short period of time unitl the pipe lines are up to full power once again - however, they have thus far chose not to.

Just for a little info - it costs a little over $4.00 per barrel of oil - they are being sold at $69.00 - that's a HUGE percentage increase - so I don't believe for one minute they can cut at the LEAST 20% of that income for the poor folks in the South and for the better of the country.

The oil companies know exactly what they're doing.

Edited by DirtyBird

Oil compainies have been publishing record breaking proffits for the past 3 years. If they lower the costs of oil then they will have a negetive growth providing that the quanity supplied does not rise enough to compensate...no company ever want to operate at negetive growth and they never will if they can help it. This means that gas prices will always go up in the long run. We are looking at a short term spike that will last a little while, but get use to the prices cause we will eventually be paying them standard.

On average the US alone consumes 400,000,000 gallons of gasoline a day some years almost twice that. The gas is still fairly high here in SD at $3.10 a gallon. If you assume it averages out at maybe $3.50 a gallon across the country thats roughly $1,400,000,000 a day, or $51,100,000,000,000 a year. And thats just gasoline. Theres also aviation fuel (jp4), deisel, and propane. Someones makin a lot money somewhere.

I just checked on the currency exchange rate on the american dollar vs. the mexican peso and here it is: one mexican peso = .54339% of a dollar! Holy smoke their catching up to us. :D

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

I agree that the oil companies are making some nice profits. One thing to consider, much of our oil comes from the Mid-East. The ONLY source of revenue and trade they have is OIL. This means they will milk it for all they can get. Really, who wouldn't!

Something to consider though, the price here in the US that we're used to paying, is lower than what Europe has beeng paying. They're paying the equivalent of $4-5 a gallon.

That said, part of the reason for these hikes and shortages, is simple panic. Everyone's heard the news media, the experts, the opinions, and because of that everyone is panicing and filling up their tanks. This has created an even HIGHER demand simply because people are drawing more gas than normal. It has made the situation worse because of this.

Unfortunately, as much sense as it makes to not do just that, people as a group don't behave with reason. Everyone panic'd and now we're seeing the effect.

Luckily, when I bought my car, it came with a full tank of gas. I topped off the tank which was just barely off the F in Full...it took me 10 bucks to put the needle back on the F...lmao.

Figures. I want to drive around the new car, show it off to family and such but I dont want to put any unecessary miles on the car if I dont have to.

My advice, cut back on driving, combine outings with more than one reason to go out. If you have to drive on the interstate, drive between 55-65 mph. Believe it or not you cars were designed for max fuel efficiency at 55 (remember the red mark at 55 on older cars).

I'd probably fill up at 3/4 tank to keep the bill down and to ensure you have gas when you need it. Things will lossen up after a while. Just hunker down and dont aid to the panik. :)

Another tip,

If you're driving over 30 MPH, put up your windows and turn on your AC. At speeds above 30, the air drag created by opening your windows actually causes worse fuel efficiency than running your AC. Simple physics.

Don't believe me? Go a week with windows down (NO AC allowed) then go another week with windows up the WHOLE time. Keep your driving habits the same for each week. Check your mileage at the end of each week and fuel consumption.