Question about rules/conduct

I'm not out to cause any problems here, so I'm not using any names:

Last night I was playing on the Midwest #2 server (the only one I play on cuz it doesn't have awp/auto) and I was having a fairly decent night.

We were on cs_office... and I was a CT. Score at the time was 16-1 (my score). Then I got killed, so I typed "come on..."

[a player with admin] writes "awww, did you get killed?"

So I responded with "Not as many times as you" (I don't remember his record at the time)

Anyway... I was promptly kicked... waited a few moments for a slot to free up then rejoined but this time on the T team (open slot, and I always auto join). I typed "real mature... never swore, obeying the rules and I get kicked" (or something like that).

[a player with admin] says "you had a smart comment."

o0o

The above shows exactly what went on to the best of my memory. I'd just like to know what I did that was so wrong there... or better yet, are we not supposed to respond to the admins questions? That clearly wasn't a "smart comment" simply responded as it were. He had been killed more than me... I certainly didn't think my comment was any more "smart" than his... as my "come on" wasn't even directed at anyone... it was a general post... like "lol" or "rofl." Also, I've been on more lately since I got a better PC, and I don't believe anyone has ever had any issues with me or my conduct. So, this isn't really a complaint, but more of a question of what/how we're supposed to act?

Since source was released, this has been the only server I've ever played on... (other names I used were Rewind, and Human Error) (again, no awps/autos) so you all know that I never break your rules, I never swear, or type swear words... and I try to play as a team, per your rules.

I do know that this server has VERY strict rules, which is fine... it's your server, I'm just a visitor, and it's always full so it's great. But goodness... I didn't even do anything and got kicked... that seems a bit harsh, for the situation... especially when it's so tough to get in most nights.

Thanks

R!c0

Edited by rewind

The good news is that you were not banned. Although I can't see a reason as to why you would have been. It sounds like you were just joking arouind, but its hard to tell sometimes.

Perhaps a :) at the end of your statement would have averted it. Twas not I that kicked so all I can really say is turn the other cheek and play on for now. :)

As presented, it does seem harsh. It was just a kick though, so nothing to get your feathers ruffled about.

To avoid this kind of thing in the future (a miscommunication?), realize two things:

1. Tone and mood can vary GREATLY between players. If you're not sure, it's always best to play it safe. As you know, GC servers are conservative. Try not lashing back if someone attacks you. There are other responses that can still save face...

"aww... did you get killed?"

Try "lol!" or "ya, for the second time :/" or "well, SOMEBODY hasn't enabled cheats yet" or "I was sick of winning"... you get the idea.

2. Don't try to argue with an admin in-game. You did the right thing by bringing it here. That's one of the reasons why we have the forums. But if you start mouthing off to an admin (e.g. "real mature") in the game, there's a good chance they'll ban you.

As presented, it does seem harsh.  It was just a kick though, so nothing to get your feathers ruffled about.

To avoid this kind of thing in the future (a miscommunication?), realize two things:

1. Tone and mood can vary GREATLY between players.  If you're not sure, it's always best to play it safe.  As you know, GC servers are conservative.  Try not lashing back if someone attacks you.  There are other responses that can still save face...

"aww... did you get killed?"

Try "lol!" or "ya, for the second time :/" or "well, SOMEBODY hasn't enabled cheats yet" or "I was sick of winning"... you get the idea.

2. Don't try to argue with an admin in-game.  You did the right thing by bringing it here.  That's one of the reasons why we have the forums.  But if you start mouthing off to an admin (e.g. "real mature") in the game, there's a good chance they'll ban you.

Yes, I understand that these servers are quite conservative... and I have accepted that... which is why i play here... i just found it rahter strange that a pretty mundane " not as many times as you " would have such an effect.

I will know for the future... in 1.6 I don't even have text enabled and play voice_enable 0 90% of the time as to avoid confrontation... I can't play like that on your servers because I'm trying to help the team win...

The reason I said "real mature" is because, for the tameness of the comment, that reaction was kind of harsh... i mean, on the server list, GC #2 always says 24/27... but those are all reserved slots... so I guess the only reason I even posted here is because it's so tough to get back in, especially since I got tossed for a reason that I thought was kind of bizarre. I can understand that the server kicks for people that are in your clan or club or whatever gc is exactly (lol), for that, i'll just wait to get lucky to get back in...

Anyway.. thanks for the input... I'll frag on as usual and hopefully there won't be any other issues. I'm not a big fan of the e-fighting anyway.

i just found it rahter strange that a pretty mundane " not as many times as you " would have such an effect.

Because it's mundane to you. You know what tone you were going for. Other people might not read it that way. That goes back to my point: you can't expect people to be mindreaders. If you were to type "oh, you're cool" to someone you don't know, should they take that as a compliment or sarcasm? With no other context, how are they supposed to know?

Btw, I'm not trying to pick apart what you say -- it seems like you geniunely don't understand why this situation happened, so maybe an outside perspective will help.

I can understand that the server kicks for people that are in your clan or club or whatever gc is exactly (lol), for that, i'll just wait to get lucky to get back in...

Gamer's Coalition is more like a community -- there are some people that play competitively (like a clan), but mostly people that just like to play together with other skilled, like-minded people (like a club). Call it... a clubclanmmunity. :yellowbiggrinsqr:

i just found it rahter strange that a pretty mundane " not as many times as you " would have such an effect.

Because it's mundane to you. You know what tone you were going for. Other people might not read it that way. That goes back to my point: you can't expect people to be mindreaders. If you were to type "oh, you're cool" to someone you don't know, should they take that as a compliment or sarcasm? With no other context, how are they supposed to know?

Btw, I'm not trying to pick apart what you say -- it seems like you geniunely don't understand why this situation happened, so maybe an outside perspective will help.

I can understand that the server kicks for people that are in your clan or club or whatever gc is exactly (lol), for that, i'll just wait to get lucky to get back in...

Gamer's Coalition is more like a community -- there are some people that play competitively (like a clan), but mostly people that just like to play together with other skilled, like-minded people (like a club). Call it... a clubclanmmunity. :yellowbiggrinsqr:

ok... well like I said, last thing I want is trouble... I love this server cuz I ping at like 10 cuz it's in the city... and I'm in Naperville... :luxhello: and you're right, it would be difficult to take the comment for face value, as I am "new" to the servers (though not really)... it's cool... no biggie... like I said, i'll just be more careful.

You live in Naperville? Daaang, son! I grew up there. And my girlfriend just moved out there, so I'm there quite a few of the weekends. And she won't let me install games on her computer, so I can use you as an excuse. "Well, if you won't let me install games here, I'll just have to go to rewind's house!" :laughcry:

Anyway, glad to have you around, rewind. Keep on fraggin'!

well imo i feel that sometimes some of our admins aren't the perfect admins everyone makes mistakes... i feel the admin shouldn't have said "awww... did you get killed" it didn't needed to be said and wasn't mature..... but when you reacted by saying "real mature" even though i would have said it i usualy don't mess with admins unless i am curious on whats going on..... soo i am with you and not with you lol

At least you weren't banned.  It happens, this particular admin ( i know who it was and have the powerrrr) has been flawless thusfar and all that i can say is that you can't expect them to be the best judges everytime they play.  :hug:  :hug:

yeah, I know... i'm happy i wasn't banned cuz i would've been devastated...

either way... it's a dead issue... it's fun to play on these servers cuz it's VOID of "smack talk"... and the .gc guys are really good at getting people to play as a team... something that 99.999% of the rest of the servers haven't gotten to yet... and especially in 1.6.

Nice to play with many more older/mature players, and without all the riff raff.

:wiggle2:

I'll end the mystery, it was me.

Here's what happened from my point of view, right or wrong. I had been asking, constantly about evening up the teams, it was a bad night for stackage, and yes, i'm ticked off at the time because I just feel like playing once in a while without being a babysitter/hall monitor/mediator, or anything else other than a player.

Once or twice should have been enough of me asking, and then people should work on the teams,it wasnt even close, the top 5 CT's had sky high ratios, and the T's were getting slaughtered, and no one wanted to give up the ratio for fun gameplay, then I have this guy, who is like 16-0, seemingly whining about dying, so then my comment came, and his smart comment followed.

I gave him a kick to erase the attitude and the ratio that he cared so much about. He came back in and made his other comment, which we usually dont debate, but I asked him to watch his tone, and I let it go.

Morale of the story, dont sit around a bunch of hungry homeless people and complain that your steak is cold.

Morale of the story, dont sit around a bunch of hungry homeless people and complain that your steak is cold

I love that one, can I use it??

(when someone pointed out it was the flawless admin, I thought it was me, but I usually don't play scopeless, oh well)

Hey Rewind.

Sorry that you had a bad experience on one of these servers. Hope you won't let it color your attitude about playing here.

To me, It sounds as though this is one of those things where two people bump into each other and stare for a second. Not something for either party to lose too much sleep over, i hope.

cheers,

SS

/end[pile on]

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE RULES!

Is it ok if i throw a nade at someones head and then go "MUAHAHAHAHA!" ?

Or would that be considered unsportmanlike behavior?

MUHAHAHAHAHA is the official calling card for the Guild of Calamitous Intent, therefore if you MUHAHAHAHA you must cite it in your acknowledgments appendix.

Thank you

That is all.

#2, on my way to a #2

I'll end the mystery, it was me.

Here's what happened from my point of view, right or wrong. I had been asking, constantly about evening up the teams, it was a bad night for stackage, and yes, i'm ticked off at the time because I just feel like playing once in a while without being a babysitter/hall monitor/mediator, or anything else other than a player.

Once or twice should have been enough of me asking, and then people should work on the teams,it wasnt even close, the top 5 CT's had sky high ratios, and the T's were getting slaughtered, and no one wanted to give up the ratio for fun gameplay, then I have this guy, who is like 16-0, seemingly whining about dying, so then my comment came, and his smart comment followed.

I gave him a kick to erase the attitude and the ratio that he cared so much about. He came back in and made his other comment, which we usually dont debate, but I asked him to watch his tone, and I let it go.

Morale of the story, dont sit around a bunch of hungry homeless people and complain that your steak is cold.

honestly, clueless, I never saw a request for changing teams. Had I saw the request, I would've changed. Heck T on office would've been great for my ratio... even though I don't really care about that. I don't really pick up too much on the reading of the hud_saytext... so as sure as I'm typing this, I never saw a request. And csay/tsay admin messages aren't as obvious as they are in 1.6, so if you did that, I missed that too.

when I made my "come on" comment, it as because I emptied a clip at a guy and completely missed... so "come on [insert whatever excuse you'd like for why I failed to kill this guy]" is what was meant.

Like I said, you guys know I cause no problems on this server. Never have, never will. It isn't my style and beyond that, I haven't found a better server to play. Perhaps different maps (even though that cs_haste map is SWEET!!! urban warfare), but the fact that you don't allow scoped weapons is the reason I play, and that you enforce (sort of) the teamwork issue. The 1.6 server I play is the exact same (except they allow the aug, the terrorist equivalent, and the scout)

Anywho... it's over now... and I'll be more careful/pay more attention to the team situation. For the record... every map I play, I autojoin. I've not hit 1 or 2 in at least a year, if not longer. I don't see the point. So as far as "stacking" goes... It wasn't something intentional on my part... and I especially wouldn't have "chosen" CT on cs_office if I were going for stats...

Cheers!