Value Decrease

Fatty

What to do?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the servers not being packed completely full during primetime, the value of membership decreases.

Server 4, even when placed in the rotation, never did anything. I don't have the whys, I just know the facts.

I'm not sure server 6 should be in the rotation either, as it is a dead end. Those that want to play there do. It's a fun thing, but I'm not sure redirecting people who are looking for a normal game is the right thing to do.

Server 5 seems to be a hit. Because it stays full of its own type of crowd, I think it's a candidate to stay in the rotation.

Your thoughts?

We have a few choices:

Give it more time as it is or pull back to a 4 server rotation (1,2,3,5) or a 3 server rotation (1,2,3)

i vote to pull #4 out of rotation now, but not cross it off the list for future use.

#4 ran into software, hardware, then software issues that weren't there during the testing. having it out of rotation should take the pressure off dirk. when it comes back and is stable, it should be able to add value to gc membership.

I like the idea of a 3 server rotation, get our strength back, then, as demand starts to increase, move up to 4. But I dont think that 5 or 6 will ever work as well as we woould like.

Perhaps as we continue to grow, we could have 2 sets of 3 or 4 rotations, keep each hive small.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I think 5 is a hit beyond what even I expected. While some like myself are bored of the zombie massacres, it is almost steadily full.

#5 is unique. Someone wanting a solid game of aztec gets quite a surprise when redirected.

If the zombie mod stays in place, I'd say leave 5 out of the rotation. If we switch to a different format down the road, we can throw it back in the rotation.

i agree with YoMamma on the 1,2,3,5. however 4 could act as a DoD server also like Acid said.

when 4 first was up it ran great for me, then bam, all the fun stuff started happening at the same time. im sure this a good use for server #4 out there somewhere.

as for #6..... tis up to all the smart ppl.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I think what is happening with #5 is that people fall into it from redirects and are pleasantly surprised at how much fun they are having.

even though I just voted for 4 server rotation, but after rethinking I believe #5 should be on it's own, or paired with #6

Since these are both non standard CS:S, they are fun servers so to speak, they whould be in their own rotation, not the normal CS:S rotation.

As for server #4, I think that once it's back up and stable, we should reevaluate putting it into the rotation with 1,2 and 3. For now it obviously shouldn't be since it isn't up.

I wonder how many people play 5 just for the zombie mod without fully grasping the full GC experience. I think that playing on 1,2, or 3 when redirected allows players to renew their enjoyment of CS that they may not have had before. I think the zombie mod will get old eventually and having people used to the regular servers will keep em around when it does. I say keep 5 on the rotation.

I say we drop back to a 3 server rotation.

Too many times do I look and see the servers struggling to be full.

You don't really need a re-direct to get to #5. People are finding it on their own.

We just seem to be stretched a bit thin atm. When I'm home during the week. I see noone on #1 and #2 is full. I look at who is in #2 and there are several gc in there. We need folks to step up and help get both servers going in the mornings.

BTW, in the mornings I normally see #1 sitting on Train with noone in there. And it just sits on Train until an admin jumps in and changes it.

I agree that the CS:S servers should only redirect to each other.

Server #4 is really wacky, not from a gaming perspective but from an OS perspective too. A buddy is supposed to be hooking me up with some decent stuff to build a new one (Xeon processor, etc).

Once ready we'll see how it performs and we can put whatever mod you guys feel we need on it.

GC Founder
I like a 4 server rotation.  We  can see if we have a population burst when DoD comes out.

If anything, as Shep and I just discussed on voice, we might consider going back to 3 on Monday to really tighten the ship down because we're going to have some flight to DoD for a while.

GC Founder

Given that there was an update and I'm not sure what's going on with #5 (it's empy), I've pulled back to 3 servers.....they should stay packed now.

With DoD coming out on Monday, this should ensure that our value stays up. Let's see what #5 does on it's own.

As for #6...I'm just ignorant about updating....I can never get it to just update right....updates > me. So it's installing another complete version.