Scout...AWP...or Autosnipe?

ephemeral

yeah yeah, so the scout is obviously the weapon of honor. ok so the AWP is cheap and is maybe quite unbalanced. yes yes everyone knows that the autosnipe is for n00bs. but seriously, Counterstrike is a teambased game, or is at least supposed to be. so which one do you think is actually better for the team? scout is a light weapon, shoots fast, good speed in scope, but the only way to kill is in the head. AWP is a one shot kill, most snipers use this, but TK's are frequent, especially in the hands of a n00b, due to the quick reflex's needed to get that kill and not hesitate. and autosniper, i hate to say it, but autosnipers are actually a good team weapon. high rate of fire, good damage, and OK accuracy. so i'm not saying i like the Autosnipe, in fact i hate it, (I love the scout) but seriously, which is best for your team? opinions...

Edited by ephemeral

I really like the scout because it is challeging and it allows you to move more easily i think. I don't really prefer and of the three. I am more of a bulpup (sp*) person. So as a team effort goes i would prefer one of my teammates to use a AWP.

I rarely if ever pack a sniper rifle myself (and when I do it's usually an auto, because in a pinch it can kill pretty well at close range without the scope), but whenever I play on the scoped servers the AWP is by far the weapon I want my teammates to have, enough so that usually at the end of a round I'll try to pick one up to give to a teammate.

If you're going to go through all that work to make a crosshair why not just get a model/skin for the scout with a lazer pointer for noscope?

I like the scout more. I can't stay in one place for a while so I shoot then run somewhere else. Plus I can run fast enough with it and still be able to shoot someone with noscope if they pop around a corner near me.

Scout and silenced usp are fun too.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

I'd rather use a pine cone for toiletpaper than to get caught with an autosnipe in my hands. if i buy one on acident i'll drop it at the spawn.

AWP actually does take some skill. Takes some conditioning to time your stop and fire in that order with a milisecond between.

Scout is the old school "Bunny Sniper" weapon. it gives alot more mobility to the sniper in the rush.

What would i like my teamates to have?

That's not for me to answer, I'l like them to have the weapon they are most proficent in using in their hands. AWP in some hands is deadly but in others it's a free gun that they are just holding for whoever sees them first. I know a guy that can AK snipe like mad but puting an AWP in his hands is like TKing him at the spawn.

I know a guy that can AK snipe like mad but puting an AWP in his hands is like TKing him at the spawn.

Lies! Anyone can use an AWP. Point, click, collect money.

I cant awp at all. Ever. Put an awp in my hand and Im done. Point click miss get shot. I actually snipe better with the m4 and pistol. Oh I do get lucky and get a kill but never have been able to live very long with it. :D

I know a guy that can AK snipe like mad but puting an AWP in his hands is like TKing him at the spawn.

Lies! Anyone can use an AWP. Point, click, collect money.

I cant awp at all. Ever. Put an awp in my hand and Im done. Point click miss get shot. I actually snipe better with the m4 and pistol. Oh I do get lucky and get a kill but never have been able to live very long with it. :D

I'm far deadlier with almost any other weapon than an AWP. An AWP is more useless than a ump45 in my hands.

Fatty, you're not a sandbag, you're their spotter!

Tru....but when the rush comes, I gladly give it up. My awpers have instructions to shoot through me if necessary.

I'll AWP for ya Fatty! (BTW, I hope to show at server #3 this Friday 6 CST :D )

I agree with most in here.

AWP pwns (especially w someone watching your back).

Scout is |337, but I chronically shoot people in the chest instead of the head b/c I am used to the AWP.

AUTO is h4x0rrific but horribly noobish, and I wouldnt be caught dead holding one.

Ya, I know that it would be 10 for me :( But I get home at 6. And the wife will be at happy hour w her friends. So I figure that I will at least get until 9 or 10 to play. So...I will be there before everyone else. :( Get in there early and I'll let you toss me a couple of HEs.

Pshh thats easy! Ever wonder why im so good at scouts?

Well, those little stickers for repairing the 3 holes on the side of paper, just take out the knife, see were the hairs are, then place the sticker over it, then feel free to no scope!

lol i thought of that i long time ago, but all my friends tweaked on me when they found out. but i still use that every once in a while.

If you're going to go through all that work to make a crosshair why not just get a model/skin for the scout with a lazer pointer for noscope? 

I like the scout more.  I can't stay in one place for a while so I shoot then run somewhere else.  Plus  I can run fast enough with it and still be able to shoot someone with noscope if they pop around a corner near me. 

Scout and silenced usp are fun too.

lol dude that would take WAY longer. besides, the sticker seems more...clever.