We don't know how good we have it!

wayfarer

Today I decided to do a little pubbing in CSS. I latched on to

a server (not gonna mention the name) that was playing several

"rats" customs in a continuous cycle. I played there for quite a long

time. (mainly because scout hs from a mile away are really cool!)

I must say that the people playing there were something else to say

the least! Every possible banning offence was, not only allowed, but

almost seemed like it was encouraged but the regulars. (admins?)

Any time someone died it was an immediate cuss, regardless of the circumstances.

The quality of the players left something to be desired. (gamewise)

And if you think people on the GC servers stack you are sadly

mistaken! The regulars constantly went to the same team EVERY TIME!

The majority of the games were complete blowouts.... I'm talking 17-1

15-2 none of this 8-3 or 9-4 stuff!

Anyway, just reminded me of how clean & well run our servers are.

The admins & board members of GC run a tight ship & it's appreciated! :hug:

PROUD TO BE GC!!!

:boing::luxhello::boing::luxhello::boing::luxhello:

Edited by wayfarer

I have to agree with this. Anytime I've joined pubs (less and less lately) the experience is usually less than enjoyable. The attitude of a lot of players out there is very different. I've been in some games where everytime someone died they would say "whatever" over the mic as though it were a fluke whenever they died. Other games I've been in people have been audibly shocked at accidental TKs I've forgiven. And of course there are rarely any admins around, except one server I was in where more than half the players carried on constant conversation using ma_say exclusively.

I think some of us don't think about it, but to me it's the huge difference in attitude that kept me in GC servers and made me want to join. And thanks to all the admins who work so hard to enforce the rules and keep the less desireable element out.

Ive also tried playing in different server in the past just for kicks and I have to agree with you. The quality of players you get in other servers is just so much less then in the GC community. Most of my friends who have CS:S got sick of the game because of all the terrible environments that other server have.

I agree, sometimes when i go into servers that aren't GC or a Christian Surf server, all i hear is cussing and stuff like that. Like one time i was playing pwning these noobs right and i said something and then guy just comes out of no where and starts cussing me out and what not and callin me all these names cuz i kept killing him. Then no matter what i said like if i said ok to someone on the teams, or whats up he'd just go off on me all over again. It's when things like this happen and when im surrounded by cussing idiots on other servers that i appreciate our servers and their guidelines. Though i must say around 3am in the west 3 server. There is some heavy cussing going on there late at night. Thats why SCOPELESS RULES! :boing:

Heh, I got kick/banned from some random pub for spraying my avatar. Playing Office, I tag a wall, and suddenly some admin is all over me. "Don't spray that again! If I see that again, wait, nevermind! You're gone!" Just like that.

I'm like, "Dude, it's a skull" "What'd I do?" *kick* Knowing I'm prolly getting banned for something stupid, I jumped back in to see if I could at least find somewhere to plead my case, but no. Kicked and banned. Almost wonder if someone else sprayed something offensive near mine, and I never saw it. Oh well, didn't want to play there anyway. :peace:

At least when our admins kick/ban there's a real reason behind it.

Those of you who know me, know that I gladly follow the rules. Makes it so much more fun to play. As soon as I get some things straightened out around here, I'll be joing GC. Should be shortly after the New Year. :boing::luxhello::D

lol dude, i toally know what you mean. i have that problem everytime i join a 1.6 server. i have the frequent problems of hackers, like even when you are hiding somewhere, they just all of a sudden stop, and get a head shot...through a wall. or like you spawn, and all of a sudden one of your teammates dissapears, and the screen fills up with knife/head killz. not cool. i want to find a good 1.6 server.

Hmm I've been banned from some servers for the weirdest stuff. One time it was because the clan I used to be in had the highest scores and the admins were mad because it was THEIR server and they should be on top. They didn't think we hacked, it was just that we had the best scores. Banned.

Another was because a totally different person named C0wb0y Fr0m H311 was starting trouble and they banned me also because we shared the name.

The worst possible server I've ever been on in 1.6 days was where everyone was making fun of a kid because his mom passed away in a car accident. Admins did nothing about it so I told them how I felt but I can't repeat those words I said. I was told if I kept trying to make myself look better than the admins I would be banned??

I don't mind swearing and I curse alot when I play but I can handle turning the mic off here... it really isn't that hard.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

my friend made me join another pub once... it was horrible. Not teamwork at all... I got tked for my gun by this new guy that just joined. Me and friend had cleared this bomb site and our last teamate alive had the bomb and he wouldn't plant! I'm neva leaving the safety and sanity of the GC.

lol i remember once this guy tked me for my awp on GC, and was banned right away. that was a good feeling. then i also remember once this guy kept on shooting magruter, thegeek, and me, and magruter kicked him when he waited for magruter to die just to get his awp. i love gc, NO other servers i have ever played on have rules like us.

Yea, I've only been playing Source for 'bout 2 weeks now, and I dont even wanna play other pubs that aren't GC cuz of microphone spammers, stupid noob. You guys have a good thing going here.

Altho, I must admit, my first reaction when i died after doing somethiing stupid (an unfortunately common experience, as i'm fairly noobish still) is to type my favorite four letter word.

**Don't even abbreviate the cuss words in the forums. Speak w/o it. -Fatty

Edited by Fatty

Hahah. Make sure you don't hit ENTER between those two things. Big problems shall arise.

I play as stress relief, after long, long days of working. ...if I'm getting stressed during the game, then it isn't doing its job, and if it isn't doing its job, I just leave and do something else.

I'm a pretty jovial guy most of the time, and I like it that way. When I die, I try to come up with something witty. There's no sense in me being a poor sport. If I'm having a good night, cool. If I'm a meatsheild, meh. Whatever. As long as I'm having more fun playing the game than if I wasn't playing it, I'll keep playing.

It's hard to get under my skin - innit, Vo?