GC TOUR OF DUTY!!

Fatty

Simple MO:

During primetime, a group of 10 or so GC gather on TS, start in #1 and play a map. When that map is finished, they proceed to the next server, play, and then move on. The GC Tour of Duty, aka GCTD, is not complete until all 4 servers in the rotation are covered.

TS participation is required for effect...namely fun banter and communication.

What this does:

1) Creates something to do for fun.

2) Did I mention fun?

3) Wearing a special GCTD tag, it creates a fun spectacle of us.

4) Overloads a server, forcing people into redirection into other servers, thus getting people's attention that reserves are worth the price.

Note that the big hole left behind when the GCTD moves to the next server should, in theory, be filled in a roundabout way via redirection. Everytime we move, people will go zipping.

Yes, when we move, many "server full" messages will be given to GCTD participants. We will keepa knockin until we get in and thus replace someone without a reserve.

*If done on a Saturday, server #2 must be avoided.

*You have to start OUTSIDE of a server so as to have the full effect. We'll gather in TS. We'll have to see who the last one to connect is and point and laugh each time we move....

Sound fun?

I'd love to try this, even as soon as tonight. If it turns out to be fun, we'll make a thang out of it.

Who would like to try this, say at 11:00 PM EST? Sign jup below. First 10 to sign up or officially in GCTD#1!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to sticky this and make this a regular gig. what is the redirection rotation atm? if we do this upstream (say 1 redirects to 2, 2 redirects to 3, etc), go backwards, and people will redirect to the server we just left a hole on.

i'll run the recruiting campaign for the next one....still out of town, still with a crappy laptop.

GC Founder

Redirection = 1,2,3,4

Let's play from the TS Lounge at 11:00 PM EST tonight.

Why don't we just take our tag...and make it .gcTD for the evening. Now that I think of it again, I can forsee all kinds of issues and us spending more time trying to get everyone with the correctly formatted tag than having fun! :freak:

GC Founder

This could backfire on us if ALL servers are full.....it's gonna be interesting.

If there's a big hole, say i Texas....well, we'll drive everyone there initially and in theory.

If not though, it could get ugly really fast.....27/27/27/27