Pet Hornets

VooDooPC

To have one of these as a pet:

mandarinia1.jpg

Or two!

They are Asian Giant Hornets (Vespa mandarinia) and they grow to be over 1.5 inches long. Four of them can take out a whole bee's hive by themselves in a few minutes. I need to find someone in Japan to ship me some. :D

There's a video floating around with a handful of killer hornets wiping out an entire bee colony, it's a very interesting watch. I can dig it up if you want, but you can probably find it easily if you just google it.

You wont be allowed to recieve them once they reach customs. They consider them to be the same threat as killer bees. They are considered too dangerouse to our ecosystem. I tried to get an Iraqi spidercrab shipped home but they said I could face court marshal. lol :D

Edited by TheReverend(c)

(edited)
just looking at those beasts makes me shiver. i have always hated bees, ever since i messed with a bee nest once... ugh i wont even tell you that one.

dooooooood that BEE is gigantic, I don't like to refer to myself as a wuss by any means, but bees man..

I am to bees as Indiana Jones is to Snakes.

when I was about 5 years old me and my buddy was playing on a log pile. Well, There was a Hornets nest inside!!!! He took of running, I thought if I didnt run, they wouldnt get me(I was 5!!!) I got stung 32 by Hornets and was in the hospital for a few days. Ever since then if i see a bee larger than your average yellow Jacket or wasp. I will head for cover.

Edited by NOFX

(edited)

:D Haha... I remeber Once I was at the cottage when i was like 7... I was eating an apple on the porch.... and a bee flew on the apple.... and i didnt see... i bite the apple... and the bee like ended up in my mouth.... and it stung me like at the back of the mouth :twitch::freak3:

Haha... that was pretty painful :peace:

Oh and last year in camp we anhialated a Bee Nest... I uno but those bees were pretty fat :stretch:

and haha anyways... a guy got like stung on the hand... and hiis hand swelled up like a baseball glove :o

hahah that was hilarious

Edited by Max67

:D Haha... I remeber Once I was at the cottage when i was like 7... I was eating an apple on the porch.... and a bee flew on teh apple.... and iddidnt see... i bite the apple... and the bee like ended up in my mouth.... and it bit me like at the bck of the mouth  :twitch:  :freak3:

Haha... that was pretty painful  :peace:

Oh and last year in camp we anhialated a Bee Nest... I uno but those bees were pretty fat  :stretch:

and haha anyways... a guy got liek bitten on the hand... and hiis hand swelled up like a baseball glove  :o

hahah that was hilarious

you do know most Bees sting not bite right? :biglaugha:

just looking at those beasts makes me shiver. i have always hated bees, ever since i messed with a bee nest once... ugh i wont even tell you that one.

dooooooood that BEE is gigantic, I don't like to refer to myself as a wuss by any means, but bees man..

I am to bees as Indiana Jones is to Snakes.

when I was about 5 years old me and my buddy was playing on a log pile. Well, There was a Hornets nest inside!!!! He took of running, I thought if I didnt run, they wouldnt get me(I was 5!!!) I got stung 32 by Hornets and was in the hospital for a few days. Ever since then if i see a bee larger than your average yellow Jacket or wasp. I will head for cover.

lol thats me too. nothing else makes me feel the same way that bees do. i mean seriously, if there is ONE bee flying around in a building, i FREAK out if it even gets close to me. i cant stand fruit orchards, and in the spring i really don't like walking around out side. like you, i would definitly not consider myself a wuss, but i guess i just have afear of bees. hold on i'm gonna google the fear of bees...here it is.

apiphobia: the fear of bees. apis (bee) phobos (fear) api-phobia=fear of bees

To have one of these as a pet:

<insert picture of hornet here>

Or two!

They are Asian Giant Hornets (Vespa mandarinia) and they grow to be over 1.5 inches long. Four of them can take out a whole bee's hive by themselves in a few minutes. I need to find someone in Japan to ship me some. :D

Creeeepy! But as long as you don't let them loose... and they don't kill all our nice honey bees. Plus you don't live by me so I'm ok with that, but why not a puppy? or something cute and fuzzy?

:D Haha... I remeber Once I was at the cottage when i was like 7... I was eating an apple on the porch.... and a bee flew on the apple.... and i didnt see... i bite the apple... and the bee like ended up in my mouth.... and it stung me like at the back of the mouth  :twitch:  :freak3:

I heard someone died from getting stung in the mouth. A bee made it's way into an open pop can and the person drank it and the bee stung him in the mouth (might have been in the throat or something, not sure), and he died in the hospital.

I know someone who got stung by your regular ol' bee in the mouth (no super Japanese robo-bees). Flew into or onto the soda can, he took a drink, the bee was less than happy with his breath or something like that and nailed him on the inside of the cheek and the tongue. Fortunately he wasn't allergic, so it was more an inconvenient pain and slight swelling. Of course, that's how he found out he wasn't allergic, and he had a family history of allergies, so it was a tense few minutes, but no severe reactions.