k-wix wants to host an EVENT! He Needs you!

(edited)

************UPDATE*************

Those who are IN the take a 10 minute demo of yourself 'event'

We can do this 2 ways - you can either send me a 10 minute event of yourself playing on a gc server (doesnt have to be scopeless) OR i can come watch you play for 10 minutes and film.. I would even play by your side and wait for a specific map if you wanted.

(I need a definite yes from you, repost with a 'yes, i want in' if you want in, the people below are who already said 'they want in' to me personally or in another thread)

1.) Vovik

2.) Mr. Cool

3.) Prelude 001

4.) Duma <3

5.) Shukuda

6.) Norguard

7.) Anonymo

8.) Demoner

9.) M2

10.)

*******UPDATE #2 HOW TO MAKE A DEMO RECORDING*******

Those on this list need to either film themselves and get a demo to me somehow, or have me film them for 10 minutes.

To record a demo (if you dont know how) Just when the match starts, bring up your console (with the ~ key) and type: " record <filename> " (obviously write what you want where filename is, as that will be the name of the file when your done)

It should tell you its recording, now you can close your console and play as per normal - Once you want to stop, open up your console again and simply type 'stop'

It will save it to Half-Life\Valve\<filename>.dem

*****ORIGINAL POST*****

Greets everyone. A few weeks ago i posted my first efforts in the way of video editing with a little CS:S Video. I thought it was neat, it was fun, and i learned a lot - beyond that the response was very very positive, and i said that if the response was positive, i'd do more. Soo...

I'm not really sure of what i can and cannot do around here in terms of hosting something (im not even .gc, im poor. i know, I know, im sorry, in the future i *will* be becoming a member, its a promise, i just dont know when. I know, I know, im sorry.) This isn't some big event, im not trying to say 'i want the server' .. or anything like that, im just not to sure if this sorta thing is encouraged or what.

Yea.. so .. I mulled over some options for what exactly i wanted to do.. and initially i was thinking of trying something like 2v2 or.. 3v3 .. or some small team work and watch/record that.. But then i thought it'd be really, really to cumbersome.. and i have a great community of people already.. So why not just pick individual people while they are playing on Scopeless.

Here's the idea - I want to pick a group of people who are well known in the community, i'd really like to have some good players also (m2, Vovik, Norguard, k-wix, Laz, Whitney, Fatty, ect, ect) Basically what im going to do is throw up a challenge to Everyone who joins. The challenge is this: How many people in the server can you kill in precisely 10 minutes? Map changes will not be counted, and the first round will probably not be counted (because of load times and such, its too unpredictable, you could get in and kill before me) While you are doing all of this - i will be spectating and recording you, and then go back and edit the kills and splice them together in a nice pretty fashion and theme it to music.

At the beginning of the video i will make the audience aware of this challenge, and when all is said and done, i will Place you guys starting from the worst to best in the video. I would love to see how many kills some of you guys can rack up in 10 minutes.

So i guess what im looking for is 2 types of replies with this thread, one stating that i can do this.. and its okay, and I wont get banninated or anything *hides* .. and .. i guess the other reply im looking for is for people who would be interested in doing this and signing up :)

If the thread goes well, i'd like to try and get some of the Server #1 guys onto it too :)

Edited by k-wix

*thinks of running m2 over with a tmp in the middle of his killing spree and laughing the rest of the way* Priceless :)

If we can do this, I suggest All Talk on :) Probably would be nice to have more people in as spec....I know I love watching Vovik camp Dust2 :) We would need someone to do a running commentary on how many corners he manages to go around as well :lol2:

Well what you're proposing doesn't really require anything from the server, except that you not be kicked for being idle. Maybe though the easiest thing might be to request people to record demos of great stretches of play and send them to you, to edit however you want.

I'm in. So it's just as many kills as possible, not kd? Alrite, I won't have to camp d2 for 10 minutes *Silent*....

taking sj as cameraman is a good idea. also, it's not bad if ppl will send you demos of themselves (10 minute demos that is).

yeah.....that's my thoughts.

when are you planning it?

I agree with dumo (hahaha...that was originally a typo, but if me and duma got in that machine from the fly, that's what you'd get...a dumo) anyways...I'm insulted I wasn't mentioned...how could you! and then you go and mention all the people who secretly hack...tsk tsk tsk...

(noticing that I wasn't mentioned)

/walks away and points p90 at Kwix's head

How dare you?

I agree with dumo (hahaha...that was originally a typo, but if me and duma got in that machine from the fly, that's what you'd get...a dumo) anyways...I'm insulted I wasn't mentioned...how could you! and then you go and mention all the people who secretly hack...tsk tsk tsk...

EEEee! i just mentioned a few people i had on my mind at the time, i want You guys in too! your great >.> I love you both, Duma.. your king with the P90, and Anonymo - your canadian.. right? Either way i'd like to get a list of between 10 or 20 people and i like to have you both onboard! Don't be angry *runs and hides*

As for how to do it, well.. the last time someone sent me a demo i got an error back, and im not sure why.. but if someone could send me a 'test' demo of like 30 seconds of play just to verify that it works, then this way would be Feasible, but i'd like to get a list started... Once we Verify that it works.. then ill start getting everyone's names down. Could someone please get me a mini-demo so i can make sure i can watch and file through what you record?

Once we complete that step i guess ill ask everyone to do 10-minute recordings just playing on scopeless.

I'd be happy to demo other stuff for you guys, but right now i wanna try to see if i can pull something of my own together - i'd be happy to join and film other events though and make some cool vid's for you guys.. i wanna learn how to do this stuff a little better.

I updated the front post, and if you want in, please reply saying so, and ill add you in the order you've posted.

I would be happy to Kwix, but I need to know how to film, and then where to find it. :)

Your in - ill teach you all you need to know on demo recording.

And just so everyone knows, if i get a lot more people then 10, i will expand the list to include even more! ..

So 10 really isn't the cut, there really isn't one.. so if your down for recording yourself doing some sweet CS stuff - then let me know you want in!

I would be happy to Kwix, but I need to know how to film, and then where to find it. :)

Your in - ill teach you all you need to know on demo recording.

And just so everyone knows, if i get a lot more people then 10, i will expand the list to include even more! ..

So 10 really isn't the cut, there really isn't one.. so if your down for recording yourself doing some sweet CS stuff - then let me know you want in!

I wish you had told me how before tonight. We just played Italy and I got 5 kills in a row as the CT's tried to rush apartment... so fun!