60 Minutes - cyberatheletes?

Fatty

Was just walking through the living room and I heard the narrator on 60 minutes previewing the night's stories. All I heard was: "They call themselves cyberatheletes."

I saw what might have looked like a celebration after a LAN victory.

Tune in if you're interested. Problem is that the second NFL game has started...

It's about the guy named Fatal1ty

He's supposedly the #1 gamer in the world. How does anyone know if their the #1 gamer in the world? :D

He's the self-proclaimed number 1 player in the world.

I hate it when people say they are the best at something or number #1 at anything. There is ALWAYS someone out there that can do something better than someone else can.

GC Founder
But nbot always someone that made like $150,000 or whatever last year doing it.

I wanted to see this show. Bummer . Forgot about it.

Just because someone gets paid for doing something it makes them the best?

He has been a WCG world champion on 5 different games, i think hes pretty good

Yep. And, he was very humble when they point blank asked him if he was the best. Seemed like a real nice kid. I saw NOTHING self-proclaimed about it...he has the victories that talk for him.

I've seen a program on him before, but I can't remember what program it was on. Also I've seen a few more of these where people travel around to Lan tourney's and win money for winning the tourny. They even have some underground matches and such. They all get together and practice against each other and bet money and stuff. Real interesting stuff. They followed a girl gamer around too and her clan was competing in a Counter-Strike tourny. I think they ended up beating a girl clan from Japan. One of the guys had a contract and sponsors and such. Another one was trying to win money to pay for college.

Edited by Pestilence

Yep. And, he was very humble when they point blank asked him if he was the best. Seemed like a real nice kid. I saw NOTHING self-proclaimed about it...he has the victories that talk for him.

Im curious, how old is this guy?

discombobulated has some spec recordings of him, he didnt look all that hot to me. I stress this alot but hollywood could kick his butt. He used strats that i used when i was a noob. The only difference is that he ALWAYS shoots head and MOST always gets it

discombobulated has some spec recordings of him, he didnt look all that hot to me. I stress this alot but hollywood could kick his butt. He used strats that i used when i was a noob. The only difference is that he ALWAYS shoots head and MOST always gets it

wha?!

I have vids of dirtysecreT, not Fatal1ty... i have never seen Fatal1ty play

I'm not saying he isn't good. But I doubt he is the best.

TeK
(edited)

voodoo, hes been playing FPS games since back when CPL had just started and quake 3 was the popular game. He's been playing games now for about 5-6 years and making a living doing so. Has computer products out branded by him(Motherboars and sound card come to mind). Makes a full time salary playing. Made over $232,000 last year in CPL tournaments alone(Not including salary and money paid for his computer products). As far as online, video-gaming I feel he is #1 in the US. Other people may think differently. World is a different level.

Its tough when you want to judge who the #1 person is when you have a team game like CS where any team can win any time. It's also 5 players. How can you judge whose the #1 gamer in the world, in 2003 I would have said SK.swe since they won every major tournament that year. But since then times have a changed and things are different.

I had the chance to travel to China last year and was able to meet him and speak to him on a down to earth basis. He's a very nice guy and you can joke around with him a lot. Didn't seem full of himself or too big that your not on his level.

It's personal opinion :) , and btw hi everyone who haven't spoke to in a long time :x .

Edited by TeK

http://www.fatal1ty.com/mystory/

he is definatly the number 1 FPS (single) player in the world. He may not always win but he has been the most dominant for the longest amount of time.

As for how good he is...well his skill comes from his consistency, not his amazing strats. He is one of those guys that can keep track in his head of when armor and weapons will spawn based on time limits. The kind that can pick out the sound of armor being picked up from across a map and figure out which armor it is because he knows when each one will spawn next. I've seen him play Quake 3 against some of the best players I have ever seen and embarass them. He practices for his current game 8+ hours a day and pays to bring the best players in the world to his house to practice against them. So in all, there may be players out there that can beat him at any given time...but he is without a doubt the number 1 professional video gamer in the world.