My ugliness

Whitney

Ok so my sister and i were making lasagna for everyone for dinner right...and as we were finished putting it all together, i opened the oven door to place it in....well the top tray was just a little to far up then i realized and the top of my hand touched the top of the oven and yea.

I immediatly pulled my hand back and pulled it to my back and held it to my butt lol.

I almost cried it was horrible.

Then i woke up this monring and had a water blister. It looked cool. And then it popped and it wasn't as fun. Now the nerves in that part of my hand are shot and it hurts when i poke certain parts of my hands lol.

I can tell this scar is gonna be there are my left hand for quite some time... :twitch::twitch:

Edited by Whitney

Vitamin E and/or cod liver oil (full of vitamin E), every day.

And keep it out of the sun. Use zinc, if you have to.

That scar will heal, as long as it's kept moist, and I promise that you'll barely notice it.

...I've got one ugly burn scar that doesn't exist any more, and one cut that's just about the ugliest thing I've ever seen... ...the only difference is that I used vitamin E on one and didn't bother with the other.

Edited by Norguard

(Sees Norguard thinking of purposely burning his hand) :biglaugha:

I angrily smashed in a window once and got a good scar on my wrist and forearm that's permanent, as well as getting smashed over the head with a lamp that split my head open from my dear brother.

But really, that darn window . . . . . I get so mad just thinking about it!! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Some doctor hacked open my wrist then did a crappy job closing it up. I have an ugly ball of a scar from it now(it's never going away, been there 10+ years now).

I'm sure you'll be able to make it heal up fine whit, just take norgs advice.

-George :freak3:

Once it scabs/scars, duma. Not as it's a rash/water blister... I remember the shrimp burn I gave myself... ...as dumb as that sounds.

...the burn itself only lasted a few days.

But getting the scar to go away is as easy as keeping it from fully developing in the first place. ...You wouldn't put lotion inside a cut or a gash, either.

OUCH!!!! Whit that sounds so painful!! I just burned myself a couple weeks ago on a spot light...those things get so hot!

Anyways, I can assume Norg is talking about using vitE or cod liver oil a day or two after the burn, otherwise it will seal the skin and cause the burn to, well, keep burning...my friend light his entire hand on fire when he was 12 and his aunt, who was taking care of him at the time, put (ready?) vaseline on his hand to take him to the hospital...the doctor obviously freaked, but somehow managed to save his hand...needless to say his aunt isn't allowed to take care of children anymore (legally... :blink: )

Once it scabs/scars, duma. Not as it's a rash/water blister... I remember the shrimp burn I gave myself... ...as dumb as that sounds.

...the burn itself only lasted a few days.

Agreed. Thanks for clearing it up.

just don't try to rush the healing process,you'll make it worse.don't pick or scratch it,no matter how bad you want to.my brother works in the hospital,and he has seen more than his share of home doctoring.i hope your hand heals nicely,with minimal scaring. :tongue2: they should make a doctor smiley.

In my last apartment the oven was a relic. The door would occasionally fall off the hinges if you pulled on it the wrong way. One day I was cooking a frozen pizza with no shoes on, opened the door, and it fell on my foot. Have a nasty scar from that burn. I should have sued my landlord.

ouch!!

i hav a scar on my leg from runnin too fast, and then tripping. I got it when i was younger.

anyways hopes it heals fast whit.

does that mean no more deagle headshots? or do you play with your right?