So I finally got around to making an account here and thought I'd just post a "hello". Scopeless is definitely my favorite GC server, although when it comes down to it, I like them all. I haven't found any other servers nearly as well managed and competitive as the GC ones (granted, I guess I did stop trying after I found the GC ones), and that says a lot about you all as a whole! Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the group, and I am quite human, although sometimes I might seem to be all "business" over voice com. Um, some interesting things about me (don't you LOVE ice breakers?):

I'm chinese! (hence the name Zhou)

21 years old

Double majoring in Marketing and International Business at the Ohio State University

Did a stint of about half a year of study abroad over in Spain (Granada, Spain). Just got back from there in December -- I did try to play CS:S on the GC servers from there, but needless to say, my ping was a bit high (100-150ish) and the hardware stunk.

I am an administrator for a fairly active gaming website (www.mrfixitonline.com). It's not really a FPS place -- people are more interested in RTS there.

I think that's about all I have for now. See you all around.

Welcome to the Forums

Raises hand then drops it and says *Game on*

And to demonstrate my inablity to remain on topic -------> : )3 == peter griffin

Hey quick question does Zhou have any special meaning, and if so what is it?

Edited by Baruch

Welcome to the Forums

Raises hand then drops it and says *Game on*

And to demonstrate my inablity to remain on topic -------> : )3 == peter griffin

Hey quick question does Zhou have any special meaning, and if so what is it?

Zhou doesn't have any special meaning -- it's a very common last name among Chinese people, and in fact, it actually is MY last name. Not the most original of online handles, I'll admit, but I've been using it in online games since i was 13 (wow, 8 years ago!) so I'm kinda emotionally attached to it if you know what i mean ;)

Oh, and family guy rocks!

Here's a picture of me...

mfo_zhou.jpg

This was taken in the Saharan desert in northern africa. And yes, i was trying to look tough on purpose. On a side note, do you all think I make a good terrorist in that pic?

Oh, and Cowboy, thanks for the compliment, but I'm gonna be watching out for YOU, mr. 40 kills on russka last night :P

Edited by Zhou

1. yes, you make a legitimate looking terrorist. however, you may need to cover up your polo logo for authenticity.

2. how do double majors have time for cs and forums?

3. can i come with on the next expedition to the sahara.

:D welcome to the forums.

1. yes, you make a legitimate looking terrorist. however, you may need to cover up your polo logo for authenticity.

2. how do double majors have time for cs and forums?

3. can i come with on the next expedition to the sahara.

:D welcome to the forums.

1. Yeah, I didn't have my robe on when I took the picture, oh well.

2. I have LOTS of time because I'm double majoring in business :) I also (kinda) fit some asian stereotypes. I did well in high school and did post secondary as well as took AP classes. I had junior standing when I entered college and was a senior by the end of the first quarter. Now why am I taking 4 years to graduate? Simple! I wanted to have time to run around the world some and because my original major (Computer Information Sciences) was boring so I switched over to Business, therefore negating almost all of high school credits :)

3. Sure! Although I really want to do Eastern Europe/Australia/Safari first. Of course, you're invited to come along on all those too, lol.

fine. do your eastern europe safari, but look me up when you're ready to hit the himalayans. i've got $5 that says i can beat most of the sherpas. :D

I'm afraid you misunderstood me, lol. I meant go to Eastern Europe first, and then Australia, and then take a Safari.

As for whitney with an elephant gun, geez, I don't know. I was thinking more of a pacifist safari where we just run around and hug all the animals ya know? ;)

I'm afraid you misunderstood me, lol. I meant go to Eastern Europe first, and then Australia, and then take a Safari.

As for whitney with an elephant gun, geez, I don't know. I was thinking more of a pacifist safari where we just run around and hug all the animals ya know? ;)

Eastern Europe - good choice!

lol, i think mookie was talking about Whitey not whitney....

btw, welcome to the forums