PC RENTAL SIGNUP

Fatty

DON'T FEEL LIKE DRAGGING YOUR COMPUTER TO FRAGFEST?

HAVE ONE THERE WAITING FOR YOU!

The guys at Escape Play will be renting PCs to those that don't want or can't bring their own box.

The Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processors

nForce4 motherboard

1GB of dual channel SDRAM

165GB Hard Drive

nVidia geforce 6600 GT video card PCI express

19" Envision CRT monitors

52x32x52 CD-R/W & 16x DVD drive combo

Plantronics Audio 90

Microsoft IntelliMouse N50-0000

The Rules:

-You can use your own keyboard, mouse etc.

-You may not make alterations to the system while you use it

-The PCs will be available Friday morning through Sunday morning

-You need to register for FFO and reserve a seat before reserving a computer

The Price:

-If 1-9 PCs are rented, $75 each for the weekend (if you game for 20 hours, that's 3.75/hour)

-If we rent 10 or more PCs (max 16), the price is $60 for the weekend (20 hours = $3/hour)

-Pay in cash at the event

I am going to rent one of these myself, so that's 1! Personally, I don't like moving my PC. Secondly, this machine is better than mine! It will be great to have a PC waiting for me at the LAN!

Post up to reserve yours and I'll mark you down.

1. Fatty

2. Ebil

3. Quatel

4. Anonymo

5. ScubaDan

6. Eltargrim

7. BGB

8. Mossad

9. Chester

10. Wayfarer <---Price break for all!

11. ScubaDan's Daughter

12. Chief

DONE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me how well this puter will handle CS:S? The 2800+ scares me...as does the 128bit 6600...still it's probably easier for me since I wouldn't have to "attempt" to get my system through customs (nightmare)

Can anyone tell me how well this puter will handle CS:S? The 2800+ scares me...as does the 128bit 6600...still it's probably easier for me since I wouldn't have to "attempt" to get my system through customs (nightmare)

They run all kinds of FPS and don't have any problems.

I don't think it'll be an issue.

Mo, you're not gonna have any problems playing CS on that comptuer. Yes, there are computers out there with better specs, and there will probably be quite a few of them AT the LAN. But if you don't want the hassle of bringing your comp, $60-$75 for a weekend rental of that machine is great.

On another note, I may or may not take advantage of this. I'm trying to get my new comp together before FF. If I do get it together, I'm definately going to bring my own. If I come up short I'll be renting. Those comps are like 10x as nice as the one I play on from home now.

I guess if the list starts growing fast I'll have to get my name on there.

GC Founder

Oh, btw, make sure you know your steam login just in case you need it. They may be equipped already and ready to go as far as CSS goes..... I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

Oh, btw, make sure you know your steam login just in case you need it. They may be equipped already and ready to go as far as CSS goes..... I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

Oh good point...atm it would take over 2 hours to load CS:S onto a virgin machine, could they possibly pre load them? Put me on the list...I won't notice graphical issues if there are any anyways...

Oh good point...atm it would take over 2 hours to load CS:S onto a virgin machine, could they possibly pre load them? Put me on the list...I won't notice graphical issues if there are any anyways...

i'm pretty sure it was said somewhere else that they'll be preloaded...since they're gaming machines from a LAN center. :spin2:

i'm pretty sure it was said somewhere else that they'll be preloaded...since they're gaming machines from a LAN center. :spin2:

I think I mentioned that in the other thread. Then while talking to Duke this morning he mentioned that they don't have CS loaded atm. After a short discussion with Duke, he is in contact with the LAN center to make sure they will preload and test so that we have any problems solved before then LAN and people who rely on rented computers aren't stranded while they try and figure out the problems.

6600 GT's are pretty good cards. A few people in our community

have them, and speak very highly of them. It's not top of the

line, but a 6600 will see you through no prob.

*EDIT* this has got me thinking. I've been worried lately

because I have 5-6 people going down with me & I'm not

sure how we're gonna fit all the cpu's into 1 or 2 vehicles.

I just might take full advantage of this.

GC Founder
I see you said we cant make changes to the settings, can we bring our autoexec.cfg and our config.cfg on a disk so it plays like at home?

Yes, you can change the configs like that. I plan to. That's not what they meant, I'm sure. What you should do, however, is just toss your configs in a file and exec it when you load the game.

I believe they were just talking about alterations to the OS, etc. I'll check for clarification, though.

They run all kinds of FPS and don't have any problems.

I don't think it'll be an issue.

Heheh... I'd freak out trying to get my tower into the airplane and they request for me to open my cast and they are fingering through it and some freak static discharge murders something.... then i'd just have to get my bat.

Processor suck but hey what are ya gonna do? at least we're all playing at the same location there won't be lag right?

Sure they can.

I've got a happy socket 939 setup with a gig of DDR3200 (PC400) RAM in dual-channel.

It makes me happy.

...I'm waiting for a motherboard shipment, from a journalist buddy. ...if I can get my custom case made by then, it should be a little more space efficient (if a little heavy)... ...if it isn't done, I may consider it... ...actually, I may still lug my own stuff.

Well dip me in poo, I read a long time ago about the memory controller not allowing dual channel, so I have been running single this whole time!! :bang:

At first they didn't. The nforce boards weren't equiped with dual channel, also AMD wasn't supporting Dual Channel for their cpus right away.. I think it has been about a year now since nforce boards can run Dual Channel

Edited by Rezurektion