Family Vacation

Bubblegum Bandit

K, if you see this while I'm in the middle of it, I'm posting all the pictures then I will come back and add some narration. I think it will only let me post so may images in one post though.

entrance.jpg

Entrance to the park. There is actually a road that winds and twists up that face of rock in the background.

viscent1.jpg

Several pics of the fam at the visitor center.

viscent2.jpg

viscent3.jpg

viscent4.jpg

viscent5.jpg

daddylainey1.jpg

Where my daughter spent the majority of her time. She did really well actually, we were proud of her.

daddylainey2.jpg

lainey1.jpg

My daugher waving to me across a ravine I crossed to take my picture of delicate arch.

lainey2.jpg

Lainey enjoying a few minutes out of the backpack. This was in Devil's Garden at Landscape Arch

doublearch1.jpg

Experimenting with the orange filter.

doublearch2.jpg

These next few are of Double Arch.

doublearch3.jpg

doublearch4.jpg

A different view of one of the arches that makes up Double Arch.

doublearchfam.jpg

The fam under Double Arch.

devilsgarden1.jpg

The entrance to Devil's Garden.

devilsgarden2.jpg

Another shot as we hiked through Devil's Garden.

devilsgarden3.jpg

Cool looking tree and root in Devil's Garden.

landscapearch1.jpg

Landscape Arch in Devil's Garden.

landscapearch2.jpg

Another of Landscape Arch.

pinetreearch1.jpg

Pinetree Arch also in Devil's Garden. This one and the next one are two of my favorites.

pinetreearch2.jpg

Another of Pinetree Arch.

tunnelarch1.jpg

Tunnel Arch.

karen.jpg

My wife hiking back down from the Landscape Arch viewing spot.

mommalainey1.jpg

My wife and daughter in Devil's Garden.

represent.jpg

Ya gotta REPRESENT the FEST everywhere you go!!!!

thefam.jpg

The fam in Devil's Garden.

delicatearch1.jpg

The most famous of them - Delicate Arch. We didn't hike to it because we ran out of time and were quite frankly too tired. This is from a viewpoint across a large canyon from it.

skylinearch.jpg

Skyline Arch.

balancedrock1.jpg

Balanced Rock.

balancedrock2.jpg

Balanced Rock from a different angle.

courthousetower.jpg

One of the courthouse towers.

threegossips.jpg

The Gossips.

towerofbabel.jpg

Tower of Babble.

These next few pictures are from Wolfe Ranch on the National Park. It was settled by Wolfe and his son in the late 1800s. The first picture is the original house that he and his son lived in. It was partially underground and probably about 8' x 10' and barely tall enough for me to stand up in. His daughter and her husband and two children moved out to the ranch about 10 years later and she convinced her father to build a new house with a wooden floor for all of them. It was maybe 10' x 10' and you can see inside it in the next picture. There was still the remnants of an old wagon out in front of the house as well as their corral for their cattle to the side of the house.

wolferanch2.jpg

wolferanch1.jpg

wolferanch3.jpg

wolferanch4.jpg

And, if that's not enough, here's an awesome panny of the park with the La Sal mountain range in the background:

La Sal Mountain Range Panorama

NICE!

Ok, Mag just got booted off the front page! I hadn't seen you post this!

Sorry Mag!

You and Shep are tied for second with your "Last Playdays in the Snow!"

Where has everyone been with cool stories for the last month and now there's 3 of them!!?!?!

PS. Bub, where are the "represent" pics?!?

Wow Bub, thanks for the pics. I was out there with my wife about 6 years ago. It was so cool seeing your pics of the same formations we took pics of. :) Unfortunately we were only able to spend less than 1/2 a day there. Also hit Canyonlands the same day.

Ahhh, the joys(?) of travelling on a shoestring budget. See as much as you can possibly see in the amount of time you have, and the money you can spend. :D

Beautiful pics btw. :) When we were there it was raining. (that happens when Ohioians travel :biglaugha: ) THe upside of that? We got to see the wild flowers blooming in the desert. That was cool.

Why dont we have anything fun like that in Canada lol, Although i live right beside a falls that 36 million gallons of water a second fall over it but its not fun. I need to go to a nice place like that. very nice picks

• 1 month later...