* Added GSG9 and Arctic player models

* Improved lag compensation

* Unified client and server player anims

* Bot navigation files on disk are preferred over nav files embedded in bsps

* Bots can use drop-down ladders

(edited)

One that I think will make people mad:

Bug fixes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resized some crates in de_dust to fix players being able to peek over them

Any crate you could JUST peak over, like the ones at A or the ones in B that let you snipe from the corner of the bomb site with just the top of your head poking out. You can't do that anymore.

Edit: Oh, you didn't miss it.

Edited by VooDooPC

Wow, they ruined dust.

You mean they fixed dust...as it was a horrible map before

*puts on flame retardant hat and runs*

I only played last night for 20 minutes but I noticed that the new CT model didn't work, it just made you the GIGN model...did Valve bork the update or am I just nuts (this question is rhetorical before I get jumped)

Wow, they ruined dust.

Yeah i agree with anon, any disadvantage to cts in this map is a good thing, as its hard enough rushing into bombsite A as Ts without having someone sticking an inch of their head out at the back of the bombsite standing there getting cheap kills. They are almost impossible to hit especially whilst your running and dodging other peoples bullets.

Wow, they ruined dust.

Yeah i agree with anon, any disadvantage to cts in this map is a good thing, as its hard enough rushing into bombsite A as Ts without having someone sticking an inch of their head out at the back of the bombsite standing there getting cheap kills. They are almost impossible to hit especially whilst your running and dodging other peoples bullets.

:huh: I haven't even played that map yet since the update... i wonder if i would even notice the change.

(edited)

Wow, they ruined dust.

:huh: I haven't even played that map yet since the update... i wonder if i would even notice the change.

if you have hdr on u will... it loooks really pretty.

oh, and the boxes certainly look taller

Edited by discombobulated

It makes a lot more sense. You have realize that just because you can see over something doesn't mean you should be able to shoot also. The actual position of your gun is not where your crosshairs are at. However, this is not true for the game, I suppose the bullets are not technically generated at the point from the model, which would make more sense.

If anyone has played Socom 2/3 you would know what I am talking about, that game actually compensates for where the actual weapon is, not just what you can see.

I do like the new skins...

I use cl_minmodels 1 and cl_min_t 3 and cl_min_ct 2 to make sure that all models appear as the two new ones.

I think with the different colored heads (black head, white body for T.. camo head, blue body for CT) makes it easier to pick out the head and aim at it imo..

I use cl_minmodels 1 :\. I'm just used to it I guess.

The boxes in dust are funny looking now. If you're used to how they normally looked, then it will make you laugh.

HDR is just a gimmick to me. I think it distracts more than anything (When playing, not enjoying :)

Dust just looks blurry to me with HDR on high.

I'm getting loads of problems with the new update:

-constant lag spikes, for 5 seconds every round.

- invinsible player models. or faintly visible models. its quite funny when you see 5 ghosts running at you in the game!

-and i cant hit anything (well not really, but i like to use that as an excuse ;)

personally i feel this update was a waste of time and will have little to no affect on a major portion of the people who play css or atleast those who play at GC. not to be mean but what and why would you make de_dust have HDR? its not that good of map to begin with and why take the time to add HDR.

personally i feel this update was a waste of time and will have little to no affect on a major portion of the people who play css or atleast those who play at GC. not to be mean but what and why would you make de_dust have HDR? its not that good of map to begin with and why take the time to add HDR.

Yeah all it did was make a bad map go from running well on my pc to running like crap. And it is still a horrible map.

Yeah all it did was make a bad map go from running well on my pc to running like crap. And it is still a horrible map.

exactly now why did steam waste the time to do such a thing?

exactly now why did steam waste the time to do such a thing?

dont u people know

everytime there's an update, it messes something else up

so, i think valve/steam is doing all this just to annoy us