So you're a leet CS player eh?

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

EDIT: optional title should read "Do you think all your tactics and time spent in CS can help you in a real firefight?"

I've always wondered about this ever since various politicians blasted violent video games as being murder simulators. I've been playing FPS games since Doom and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that if I was ever in a situation where I had to kill or be killed, I'd know exactly what to do. I definitly don't have the physical training that a real soldier does but being tactical and aiming a gun feels very natural to me. What are your thoughts?

edit: Sorry tried to fix the title for you but it doesnt fit :( <3 m2

edit: np, I think "Do you think CS can serve as a simulation for real life tactics?" sounds better.

Edited by ash-

The difference in real life is.....when your shot in the head, your dead. And if Anonymo shot you in the back, the fights already over before you got one shot off (read his sig).

:)

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
Thinking about what you will do and doing what you will do are two entirely different things.

Think Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

"The theory of killing" vs. "The practice of killing"

There's definitly a difference between book smarts and street smarts, but simulations aren't theories. if you've been running "simulations" for years this stuff should be burned into your brain. Kind of like pilots using flight simulators to practice for years before they even get behind the controls. I'm not naive enough to think I can wipe out a fully trained SWAT team but I can assure you that there will never be a home invasion at my residence.

So you're in ROTC Assassinator? Have you been to summer camp yet? Any sort of training or theories that you can apply to CS?

I love FMJ btw. Gonna have to put it in my netflix queue.

Edited by ash-

TBH never handled a gun in real life until last week. My dad and I drove out to the country and sighted in our rifles. To his suprise i popped a few gophers on my first shots and i cant wait to go deer hunting in the fall. I think First person shooters has helped my shot. Its definatly made me alot faster thinker and a faster respond time with aiming well too.

To be totally honest though. Shooting in real life is way easier i mean out there i get alteast over 70 frames and the HDR is insane. I still cant believe the graphics.

Im only 15 and still debating the army, Canadian army is pretty save but i mean, what if i lag out i mean theres no respawn points. Or what if i screw up my buy codes and buy some crap gun with no money left over.

definatley CS won't help you in a real gun fight. LOL... we build instinct to click and poke at a mouse/keyboard. I don't think that will translate over too well in a real life situation too well. I still do believe first person shooters help with some things... key word... some things.

For example:

Anonymo and letsss say Shazz.

Lets say...Anonymo has a years experience with firing a pistol and well Shazz played CS his whole life. So they decided to have a shoot out with two pistols... lets say from 1775. They donned on some old fashion uniforms (red coats and blue coats)... and meet out at some field.

They do some intense stare downs... DRAW!!!

Shazz twitches his left and right hand (to a fictionary mouse and the AWSD keys)... but for get to actually draw the pistol.

I'm pretty sure you'd all know how the story ends.

definatley CS won't help you in a real gun fight. LOL... we build instinct to click and poke at a mouse/keyboard. I don't think that will translate over too well in a real life situation too well. I still do believe first person shooters help with some things... key word... some things.

For example:

Anonymo and letsss say Shazz.

Lets say...Anonymo has a years experience with firing a pistol and well Shazz played CS his whole life. So they decided to have a shoot out with two pistols... lets say from 1775. They donned on some old fashion uniforms (red coats and blue coats)... and meet out at some field.

They do some intense stare downs... DRAW!!!

Shazz twitches his left and right hand (to a fictionary mouse and the AWSD keys)... but for get to actually draw the pistol.

I'm pretty sure you'd all know how the story ends.

Chuck norris kicks them both and kills them? No, not again...

nut
(edited)
TBH never handled a gun in real life until last week. My dad and I drove out to the country and sighted in our rifles. To his suprise i popped a few gophers on my first shots and i cant wait to go deer hunting in the fall. I think First person shooters has helped my shot. Its definatly made me alot faster thinker and a faster respond time with aiming well too.

To be totally honest though. Shooting in real life is way easier i mean out there i get alteast over 70 frames and the HDR is insane. I still cant believe the graphics.

Im only 15 and still debating the army, Canadian army is pretty save but i mean, what if i lag out i mean theres no respawn points. Or what if i screw up my buy codes and buy some crap gun with no money left over.

boom headshot? it's just like irl but with spawn pts..

NuT-0 :stretch::stretch:

Edited by Capt.Coconut

If you played Mortal Combat here... that's how it would be in RL

you have 30 hp in real life, haha

pfft drop that to 10...

Depends. Now I may sound like a geek talking about war, which I am. I would think that especially with modern gear, it's be like 20, a grenade would kill you, but a shot from a pistol wouldn't unless of course in the head or chest, in which case would *wound* you.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
Its a totaly different thing when your actually getting shot at. Well, thats what my friend in the national gaurd said. he got sent to Iraq and he said playing paintball and CS didnt help him at all

Well you just shattered my dreams :11doh:. Although they are fighting against dedicated if not semi-trained fighters in the middle of an urban war. Under less extreme circumstances it may work.

Can you imagine everyone in the army just jumping up and down with shotties? I can!

Exactly what I was thinking. Or everyone running around with nades and FB's with the pin already pulled, lol.

Just great!

lol

I did discover a couple years ago the one time I went to a shooting range. I'm actually a pretty good shot with a pistol. Of my first 18 rounds(first time firing a gun) I got 16 on the target and 12 within 4 inches of each other. (.22 revolver for that one, I had 3 reloads, lol.) I got to try out .22 revolver, .22 semi auto, .38 semi, .38 semi w/wad cutters, 9mm semi, and .357 combat rounds in a revolver. Fun fun!! Overall I think I got about 75% on the targets.

-George

I think it can help if you're trying to learn the tactics and develop instincts, contrary to just running around hoping a bullet will hit someone in de face. But then, still playing cs won't save you, you'll need to practice with actual guns and kevlar, etc...

You'd still have to be proficient with a firearm and know how to deploy it. CS as a simulation helps train your eyes and brains to scan for threats...like windows, walls, negative space behind objects, looking for motion, the value of stealth...

But you still need to learn breath control, to know how to lead a target or clear a jam.

i just thought of something funny

everyone running around with their knife out because "Everyone runs faster with a knife" - fps doug

so...what'd you think of? :lol2:

don't rush him he might hurt himself. :D

:freak3::bang: