Distinct possibility

*BiGBonES**

You may have your first European flying over and going to fragfest, I need to talk things through with my family and girlfriend, but heres a summary of my thoughts and fears below:

-My girlfriend wanted to see some part of the world this summer and go travelling

-I saw some reasonably cheap flights over to new york for about £350/$550ish

-This is going to be my last and first chance to go travelling for the next 5 years. Next summer I'm gunna be locked down with getting internships, and the summer after that I'll be getting a job, which means i probably won't have any choice over when I get time off...

- I could fly out for fragfest alone, then when fragfest is over go and meet up with my girlfriend where we can go sight seeing in new york or something cool like that, she wants to have breakfast at tiffiny's :smiling2:

- should be ok to rent a computer for the weekend.

Anything else that needs to be considered?

Questions-

How much does it cost to get from new york to ohio in a coach? How long does this take?

Anyone from around the new york area thats going to fragfest mind giving a lost brit a lift on the way there, I can split the petrol cost and be good company :hug:

Will you guys bully me?

Anyone want a room mate?

Anything else I need to consider?

Dang. If bigbones can make it, perhaps I have underestimated myself. Wouldn't mind watching that revolutionary war reinactment you guys have planned.

What sort of situation is expected for last minute joiners (like maybe just a few days before)? Is there expected to be spots left then?

Wow Bones, that would rock if you could make it.

Heh, FragFest Ohio, a worldwide event. :)

Trip from NY, NY would be, about 8-12 hours depending on who's driving, and what the traffic is like. Taking a motor coach would be much longer, as there isn't a direct "express" bus from there to here, and you'd have to stop off at many towns along the way.

Best bet would be to see if you could hook up with another FragFester coming in from NY.

Good Luck man. :luxhello:

Wow Bones, that would rock if you could make it.

Heh, FragFest Ohio, a worldwide event. :)

Trip from NY, NY would be, about 8-12 hours depending on who's driving, and what the traffic is like. Taking a motor coach would be much longer, as there isn't a direct "express" bus from there to here, and you'd have to stop off at many towns along the way.

Best bet would be to see if you could hook up with another FragFester coming in from NY.

Good Luck man. :luxhello:

Hmmmm 8-12 hours is a long time, perhaps I'll spend a bit more money and try to get to an airport in ohio

Ok step one is done, the girlfriend is keen to go!

Do you guys have trains in America? Is there any train service that runs from new york to ohio? I'm going to e-mail the guy from new york and see what his plans are, if that doesnt work out I'll have to take a train or fly from new york to ohio.

Bonesey, gut feel is the easiest option for you is going to be to fly into Cleveland, Columbus or Cincinnati and hitch a ride with someone from there, there'll probably be a load more people travelling through than trying to find a way from NY that doesn't take a day and encourage your interaction with the "interesting" segment of the population.

Then sort out a flight to NY on your way back, or consider the bus etc. but I certainly wouldn't want to bus it from NY to Ohio both ways.

If you fly into Akron or Cleveland, I'll pick you up and get you to FF. All you gotta do is find someone to room with.

Food shouldn't be an issue. There are enough pizza shops and fast food places around town. And let's not forget the taco runs...

If all goes to plan, I'll be rooming with leveller.

I'm going to go to the student travel agent to try and work out some cheap flights. My plan is to get a return ticket to new york, and then get another return ticket from new york to an ohio airport.

Cincinnati airport - Leveller will have me covered for a lift if I can get a flight in here. :hug:

Akron or Cleveland - Duke has me covered :hug:

I'm off to the travel agents now :=

Ok the travel agents are closed so I had a look online and there are plenty of reasonably cheap tickets avaliable from london to new york.

For some reason I can't search for flights departing from new york and arriving in ohio, either because the company do not offer them, they have a useless website, or have I am going wrong somewhere.

Can anyone suggest any cheap american companies that offer cheap deals, particulary for flights going from new york on july the 5th, to arrive in ohio on july the 5th.

I've just realised that this is probably going to be a really expensive time of year to get flights, so perhaps I'll have to invade america and reinstate its status to that of 'British Colony' and then hopefully prices will be reduced

Maybe you fly into Canada and hitch a ride on the 'leave the PCs at home to make more room for the beer, Canadian FragFest bus.

Just a thought.

www.airtran.com

Coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday is around $175.

airtran.com seems to be offering good deals.

But, the only cheap flight back from ohio cleveland to new york on sunday which is at a reasonably cheap price will depart at 12.30pm. I don't want to ruin anyones final day of good byes and what have you, but is anyone willing to get up early and drop me off at cleveland airport?

I'm 60% going at the moment. I just need to get flights arranged and lined up perfectly, getting good deals to the correct airports etc, hopefully all of them falling in good time with each other. I'll put a couple of hours aside tomorrow and then try and get everything sorted out.

At the moment I'm unsure on whether I'm going or not. A return flight from the UK to new york is 888, thats with student discounts and everything aswell := (from searching on the internet). I'll have to check at the travel agents tomorrow to see if there are any cheaper deals for that time of year, but I have no idea if there are or not. So it depends on whether or not I'm prepared to work that much in the holiday.

www.airtran.com is offering good deals, but it doesnt have flighters from new york JFK airport, and thats the only airport that I can fly into, so can anyone else suggestion other cheap american airway companies that have flights from JFK to ohio?

quick update - i'm waiting to get some finals out of the way before i carry on searching for tickets.

everytime i go to the student travel shop they have an hour long que and i havent got time for that at the moment

(edited)

Looks like the cheapest flight I can get to Cali in June is through AirTran (not sure of the name, wifey's booking it) so you may want to look at them as well. Not sure where they service in Ohio though as we'll flying out of Indi. since it should be only $600 for the 4 of us, not $900 from Cinci.

Edited by Leveller