Anyone have these bugs in their house?

avengence

I HOPE they're not in my house.

I want to capture a centipede in a jar then hold it up to the light.

what would that do?

Apparently, centipedes try to avoid light as much as possible. Whenever I see one, I always see them run under stuff to avoid the light. Just curious to see what would happen.

I've seen a few in the last week, but they always run away. I killed two, two nights ago with insect poison. I don't know if these were the same ones I was seeing or really there's hundreds around....

Both were in my bathroom at the same time, had to stop them from making the babies!

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

These bugs are actually called "house centipedes" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_centipede ). I've seen a few in the old dump I used to live in scurrying about in the bathroom. They're basically harmless but they run so fast that they seem like they are. This ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centipede ) is the guy you wanna avoid at all costs.

Edited by ash-

This one didnt seem to care about the light. I guess they say they are harmless, that they cant bite humans. Only thing I worry about is my cat eating one because they are poisonous.

Who cares if they can't bite? I'm worried about them crawling into my mouth while I'm sleeping!

I get these about once every few months in my apartment. They scare the crap outta me just because they are so darned quick you have one (1) chance to kill them and if you fail, they are gone. Like zoom gone. The big ones are incredibly neat to look at but dang. Creepy buggers.