Anyone have these bugs in their house?

avengence

(edited)

we call these guys silverfish, but we do it different in da dirty south.

also, ive heard centipedes munch on raoches, so i leave them alone, kinda like spiders.

Edited by lazarus

I *HATE* bugs. Apparently all of us have swallowed a spider in our sleep, and that just grosses me out...

As far as centipedes go, I've seen like 10 in my house in my lifetime, so it's not really much of a problem. Of course, I can hardly see the floor of my room so...they could be anywhere.

also, ive heard centipedes munch on raoches, so i leave them alone, kinda like spiders.

I call 'em silverfish also, but I live in C-town. Saw one of them buggers in my garage a couple days ago, went to find my paintball gun, and had no CO2, so I found my good ole airsoft pistol and shot it!

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

Anyone ever been up north in Michigan? I went up to some pond or something for a canoe trip back in HS and I saw some of the most nasty looking dragonflies up there! They were as big as my fist! You could hit homeruns with them!! I don't know how dangerous they are but the size alone was menacing enough. One unfortunate group in my class had the displeasure of rowing their canoe into a nest of the beastly things and got overturned as they frantically tried to change course!

Besides them, we got fish flies here in Detroit that only come out in the summer. If you've ever been to tiger stadium you've probably seen them in swarms. They're not dangerous at all but they are so sneaky. You could have a couple of them clinging to the back of your shirt and not even know it!

I call 'em silverfish also, but I live in C-town. Saw one of them buggers in my garage a couple days ago, went to find my paintball gun, and had no CO2, so I found my good ole airsoft pistol and shot it!

see..another example of daily css.

Yo, I lived in the Dirty for a while, and we never called 'em that...those are definitely centipedes. Silverfish, look nothing like that, yo!

Anyway, just poking some fun...

We have only predatory bugs in my house. I have the house centipedes and mucho spiders. However, I have NO, Absolutely NO, problems with pest species. No roaches, no ants, no moths, no termites.

Those predators (spiders and centipedes) are great for keeping all else at bay.

Keep em!

Oh no! A Xanth fan! Everybody run!

LOL I was into Xanth novels when I was in HS, then the book NightMare came out and that was the last Xanth novel I read.. It got so dumb..