Americans and drinking

*BiGBonES**

I'm wondering why American people drink their drinks out of special cups. In all your films like american pie and road trip, in all the parties the students are drinking their alcohol in plastic cups and never bottles or cans, or even normal plastic cups, they always use the special american cups.

I'm asking this because there are quite a few american's on campus, and everytime I walk past their window when i'm off out, they are always laying out their special cups and pouring the drinks into them before drinking! WHY!!!?!?!?!

I've been to all the local shops and I cant find these special cups, they must be so special that they need to import them from their motherland

So, why are they so special and why do you guys drink from cups when your young?

(edited)
2 reasons either came from a keg or stealth in public

qft

also for beer pong

edit- personally, I have a chalice like Lil Jon that I take with me everywhere I go. But I don't know if that's normal.

Edited by witt

Yep from a keg and I've only ever seen red or blue ones. There's nothing special about them except for the fact you can buy alot at a time and throw them away when you're done.

They make yellow ones too.

They are cheap, don't need to be washed, can not be broken by drunken drinkers, and are cups. Most often used for party situations where the above positives come in handy. If you are having 40 people over for a kegger, using real glasses is nonsense (other than housecups which are used to elevate your status over the mere mortals with plastic glasses).

I never use em for regular uses, have many good pint glasses for beers and many lowball glasses for whiskeys. Unless I am drinking out of the bottle.

Great for beer pong too.

If you watch on tv shows or movies.. they also use them to show they are drinkin and partying... and dont have to pick a certain brand to display... unless that brand gives the movie makers $ to put their logo out there.

You guys are n00bs, over here we drink out drink out of jugs or have someone pour a pint down a funnel going straight into a pro's mouth. On special nights we have the old yard of ale contest, the yard glass being about 2 pints. Occasionally we use pint glasses :D If we ever get plastic pints at the student union bar, they are always see-through, none of this blue or red crap :blink:

For a couple of bucks a person you can get many gallons of beer without worrying about broken bottles, and at some parties the non-descript cups that EVERYONE is using makes it easier for the under-agers to drink as well as not drawing the attention of law enforcement or the wrath of neighbors when it's outside.

When you're having a large party you gotta buy cups for drinks anyway. Coke, mixed drinks, and the keg.

Plastic cups are also regulation for some drinking games.

lost_weekend_keg_opening.jpg

Yep from a keg and I've only ever seen red or blue ones. There's nothing special about them except for the fact you can buy alot at a time and throw them away when you're done.

They make yellow ones too.

Ooh we never had the yellow ones.

The bad things about those cups as opposed to the clear ones is if a certain jerk happens to put exlax or something of that nature in your drink. Kinda ruins your night. :halo:

You guys are n00bs, over here we drink out drink out of jugs or have someone pour a pint down a funnel going straight into a pro's mouth. On special nights we have the old yard of ale contest, the yard glass being about 2 pints. Occasionally we use pint glasses :D If we ever get plastic pints at the student union bar, they are always see-through, none of this blue or red crap :blink:

Bahh...

The cups you speak of are Solo brand cups and they sell them everywhere...even overseas. Look harder...then don't use them. Anything other than crap beer brands pour horribly into them. However, they do recycle well.

And don't call all of us noobs. I drink out of glass (usually 1/2 liter), especially for Belgian brews or German beers. And, I don't know why you'd want to slam your beers like you mention above...Waste of the taste of good beer. You wanna get drunk faster, then try liquor.

In college I couldn't stand those plastic crapolas, so I carried an insulated 32 oz (1 liter) mug with me for beer and mixed drinks. Much, much better.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

We have a Pub on campus... are you talking about glass mugs?... we don't have plastic mugs. and your not allowed to do beer bongs in the pub. nothing crazy... it's a campus pub. :shrug03:

I'm some wut confuzzled. lol

You won't see beer drank from a can or bottle in an American movie unless the particular beer maker paid for the "advertising" in the movie. Heck, that goes for just about anything in the films. Even talk shows like Leno have fallen prey to the advertising during interviews.

Strange, strange world. Used to be only Nascar drivers had to plug things in interviews. :)

Ohhh no this seems like the place I NEED to be! MMMM...beer bong champion right here! PS...do NOT use knock off plastic SOLO cups for beer pong, flippy cup or really for anything. they are made inferior and well they go flying really easy even with a ping pong ball hitting them gently.....spend the extra 50 cents and get the real ones. And remember if you pour it in a cup its not open container and well its just easier to drink in public places that way!