Attitude on GC Servers

ZesteR

(edited)

Ok, straight to the point. I havent been playing much lately, but everytime I am Recru and ZeroDamage is on, he keeps saying everything is bs or what that person did is bs. Especially when he dies. he always has a rude comment towards something that is bs. I've told him nicely b4 about this and he just tells me to shut up and he says something that tells me he doesnt care what I have to say.

I do not like his attitude in the servers while I am gaming. Pesonally, His "tone" towards me in the servers after I let him know he needs to chill or find another way to vent off some steam causes me to get upset and takes me out of my game.

I know this could be just brushed aside if it was a one time deal, but everytime Im ingame and he is... that's all I hear from him. Complaints and he knows BS isnt avoiding the filter b/c it's not apart of the filter, so he uses it. He knows what it means. His continue'd inexcusable rants about how he doesnt care what I have to say have brought me here.

I truely dont know what to do, and I believe I do not have the power to do something.

If I was to be put into power, I'd kick him everytime he did it.

Anything I can do or can be done with this troubled Ticket?

EDIT: Maybe this could go in another forum?!

Edited by ZesteR

BS IS avoiding the filter. He should be booted...it's a filter dodge and a whine.

I'll randomly kick him next time I see him playing.

Admins, work ZD over due to his attitude, tight leash please. I'll back you up if he comes whining in the forums, trust me.

Yeah, he just got kicked a bit ago on Dust and came back whining about it. Says he's gonna post about it because noone fessed up to kickin' him. And I know I didn't boot him.

(edited)

All I'm trying to say is, "His attitude in the servers does not uphold to GC standards."

I like having him there, he tries to be a team player, but he needs to keep himself in check while gaming here.

I see no reason to "poke" him or try to see what we can do without him snapping at us.

At first, be nice and forceful. If he rejects and snaps, then lay the smacketh downeth upon him.

edit wus four spling l0l.

Edited by ZesteR

I have to say, after having dealth with him for years, deleting forum user accounts, etc....I actually don't like having him there. He brings way more negativity to this community than anything constructive/positive.....and he does have his contributive moments...but they are overshadowed.

I have to say, after having dealth with him for years, deleting forum user accounts, etc....I actually don't like having him there. He brings way more negativity to this community than anything constructive/positive.....and he does have his contributive moments...but they are overshadowed.

As having him as a clan leader for the month that I have been in CsLs I have also experienced some negativity from him. Sure I've had some great times playing with me, and please don't quote me on this or let this get out. However, I am pretty sure I remember Tuna saying on our TS server that "Yah Zero whines a lot." I don't know why, he's fun to talk to, but he gets frustrated easily and Farmer, it would be good if you talked to him about it first. I wouldn't know what to say :D

There are over 150 GC members....dont' type anything you don't want repeated.

Farmer, if you want to talk to him, feel free. When I informed him there had been a topic created in which we were discussing his attitude, he left the server. I won't give him an inch of slack. He's burned it all up already.

I won't go into recurd if he's in there. He's never given me enough to actually ban him (I'd never kick him, what would be he point?), but I've come close. He always leaves after starting to complain, I suppose if he had stayed then he wouldn't be a problem anymore, other than in the got banned forums...

I think it's a good idea for you to have a chat with him farmer...but what it will accomplish I don't know...it doesn't seem like rehabilitation is an option for ZD anymore...

However, I am pretty sure I remember Tuna saying on our TS server that "Yah Zero whines a lot."

No need to quote Tuna on this, it's common knowledge and you can quote me if you want.

ZD is a good player and a team player, but it does sometimes get to the point that I have to switch to the other team because of complaining on the mic. Usually what I hear is not the "that kill was BS" sort of complaining, it's more the back-seat player saying things like "why didn't anyone call that out?" or "I called for backup 3 times" etc.

I do not hear him say "that kill was BS." I READ IT. Which is worse. The only times I know for a fact is a few hours b4 I first created this post and I believe the day b4 that. So I do hope you take my word for it and we do not have to request an admin to check the logs.

The thing that set me off the edge was when he told me to shut up and he didnt care what I had to say.

you're a member. He isnt. If you personally see these things, do what you would with anyone else. Grab a screenie, get an ID, post the ban request with the info etc. It works the same for him as for anyone else on the planet.

I will add another tidbit to this.

The day/time zester started this thread, ZD got kicked (what he says). He came back in and wanted to know who kicked him. At the time there was myself and one other admin on (tho I forget who it was). We both informed him that neither one of us kicked him. His reply, "well no gc joined so someone had to have kicked me". Once again we informed him that we didn't kick him. His reply "well I guess I'll have to post up about it since noone will fess up to it". My final response to him was "ZD you're more than welcome to post up about it."

I was tempted to give him a 1 hour ban for his little threat. But being the typical nice kind of guy that I am, I decided to let it slide. :D

Anyways just wanted to throw that tidbit out there. The logs will verify this. :peace:

well his hard headedness(that even a word) and his complaining, I have been first hand to it as well as being the target of it.

IMO he is a great person to have in the servers "if" he keeps his mic off. I dont see him complain much through chat.

Do i think he will change? no

We have let his whining go for so long he wont change it ever. It was just as bad when he was an admin.

I agree with everything said in these posts about ZD, he certainly does complain alot. There are also a few other regulars on the servers I have seen that complain nearly as much. The difference IMO is that he has already flamed out at least a few times and there is no patience for his actions. That is just the way things work I think, certain people's actions/statements get judged differently because of who they are. Fair enough for me.

I do not think that me talking to him would make much of a difference, I suggested it because it seemed at first that the plan was to try and irritate him into doing something irreversable. Which I did not think was fair. Knowing that asking someone to do something differently will probably fail and actually asking them to try are very different things. I would assume that ZD will probably not play on GC for a long time now which I do not like (though I understand it is HIS decision and NOT forced). I personally enjoy it when he is on, perhaps knowing what he will snap at allows me to ignore it.

Most of CSLS is pretty active in GC and I would like to keep it that way. With ZD having some sway over some of the clan members, that might change a bit. So it goes, it is just a game. The way he acts rubs alot of people the wrong way. No question about that. Perhaps this was inevitable. I do not know.

ZD is a good CS player and a good teamplayer.

He does complain alot about this so-called shot registration thing. As if the packets somehow mysteriously disappear, or the source engine cannot compute mathmatics correctly...

but anywho, wouldn't most of us agree that we would rather ZD be on our team compared to a random pubber or... Tosh(if anyone remebers him)...

I find his complaints amusing, I basically do the same thing as him when I suck, except I use curse words rather than scapegoats and I do not press the mic button.

If he's complaining, being negative, admins do your job and get rid of him. Like you would for anyone.

I've not had problems from him when we've gamed together. Altho in Lunk's situation, I would of likely just banned and said "I did it". No sense in him demanding an explanation in game, as with anyone.