(edited)

that is a really long waiting list...

jeez =)

get season tickets for the cavs nxt year

:boing::boing::boing:

Edited by Capt.Coconut

• 10 months later...

Round 2.

If you are a Steeler fan and want some tickets, keep your eyes planted on their site (and have your envelope and check written out and ready to be mailed).

PBS: Ticket Office.

Duke: Hi, good morning. I wanted to know what date you would be releasing the single seat tickets this year?

PBS: Sometime at the end of the month.

Duke: Sometime at the end of the month, like, this Saturdaaaay or... sometime at the end of the month... <-- open ended question in a strategic ploy to bait him

PBS: Sooometiiiime at the end of the month like... at the end of the month. We'll post it on the website, just check it periodically.

Duke: (Curses). Well, last year you announced it on a Saturday and the tickets were toast by Saturday afternoon.

PBS: Yeah.

Duke: (Wonders if this is the same clown from last year). Can I send you an envelope with a check in it? Would you accept it?

PBS: For what.

Duke: For the single seat tickets... but I picked up on that. If you give me your name I can adjust for that.

PBS: <Laughs>. No, I can't do that and we aren't accepting any checks for the single seats until we announce it.

Duke: (Sigh) Ok, I guess I'll wait. May I ask you another question? Can I check on where I stand on the waiting list for season ticket holders? I also want to verify my home address to make sure everything is set up properly.

PBS: Sure. What's your last name?

Duke: Gives personal info

PBS: Ok. You still have a ways to go. We are up to March 1995. If you signed up anywhere close to that you can expect some correspondence from us.

Duke: That's an improvement over last year, from abhorrent to abysmal. You're killing me!

PBS: <Laughs> Sorry, just keep trying.

Duke: What choice do I have? Thanks for the info.

PBS: You're welcome, thanks for calling.

This guy has the greatest job in the world...

Agrees with Duke. About 2 hours for me as well, plus I have family there that would let me crash the night before. ;)

Hmmmmm, I signed up on the list in the mid 90's maybe 96 or so, and was told at that time it was running 10 -12 years. Looks like I better make sure I can get that dern PSL paid for.

Duke... have you tried Ebay? I've bought tickets from season ticket holders there. Of course you are going to pay more for it... but at least you will have them.

I bought tickets from me and my mom for mother's day. We are going to the San Fran game. I can't wait!

Do you live near PB? If not.. why Steelers tickets? I mean... I am from the North East and am a Pats fan but living in VA I would never buy season tickets for them. lol

Obviously NOT a Steelers fan :biglaugha:

I almost bought Bengal season tickets just so I'd be able to go to the Steelers game here. Course they were REALLY good seats, row 10 behind the visitors, but that didn't pan out.

move to carolina, u can watch the panthers play for about 145 bucks a game i think, only thing that has a waiting list down here is college sports :( the ones i enjoy watching, sucks seems like everything is wait this wait that these days

Do you live near PB? If not.. why Steelers tickets? I mean... I am from the North East and am a Pats fan but living in VA I would never buy season tickets for them. lol

Obviously NOT a Steelers fan :biglaugha:

I almost bought Bengal season tickets just so I'd be able to go to the Steelers game here. Course they were REALLY good seats, row 10 behind the visitors, but that didn't pan out.

Well... hello fellow Steeler fan in the Nati. I almost did the same thing. But then I found out for the price of season tickets, I could just drop mad cash on someone with good seats. Just like I did last year.

Also, Duke and Gond, if you are looking for a good Steeler site, check out the forum 5 Aint enough. And this guy who runs it - Lance Briggs - also has a weekly Steeler Podcast. You can listen to it at the site, your subcribe to it via i-Tunes. During the season he puts out two a week. http://whatchatalkinbout.com/?cat=5

Ebay has 'em, but not the greatest seats.

I'll keep watching. Thanks for the tip, Duma.

Yeah, I know they are not the best. Also, they are expensive. However, I spent about 2 weeks trying to find good seats that were not an arm and a leg, and I found out that they don't exist. You have to buy them from the Steelers (which as you know is damn near impossible), or have some type of connection. My brother-in-law works for KDKA, and he covers the commercials for the Steelers... but even he couldn't get me tickets right now (he said he could get them the week of... but couldn't guarantee it).

• 6 months later...

This was better than pulling MCD Monopoly tickets off the cups and seeing an insto-winner.

So I talking to a co worker and he asks if I want tickets to tonight's game. I was doing the math (8:30 game,12 pm finish, 2hr home = 5 hr sleep for a 12 hour day). The numbers didn't work so I respectfully declined.

Then it hits me...

Heyyyyy, I've been on the waiting list longer than you there, Capt. Sleezy, how'd you score these tickets?

Fred says: Well, these came through via corporate but I just solidified a deal for season tickets for 08, open ended endzone, 2 rows up.

Duke: I'm listening...

Fred: Well, I feel kinda bad because they were my cousin's tickets and he just passed away. His wife wants to keep the PSL but doesn't want next years tickets because she doesn't know her financial situation.

Duke: I'm listening...<writing frantically> I'm really sorry for your loss <strikes thru and re-writes> Did you say 2nd row?

Fred: Yeah, they're great seats. I told her I'd buy all 4 seats but I know I'll be selling them off. Can I put you down for a couple?

Duke: Dude, you can put me down for 50%, however you want to do it...I'm in.

Fred: Well, I'm not sure...I feel awfully guilty.

Duke: Did she ask you if you would buy them?

Fred: Yes

Duke: Did you ask her if there was any chance she would change her mind this year?

Fred: She said No.

Duke: "No" means "No", brother. Take the tickets, turn around and walk away.

Duke: Do you think, that, you know, she'll want to go to a few games? That's kinda creepy.

Duke: In fact! I shotgun the seat that didn't get stuck with a soul. Nothing spills more beer than ghosts who are tinkleed at the refs.

Fred: Dude, yer an idiot.

Duke: Maybe, but I'm not the one chatting a widow up for her season tickets.

Anyhow, I'm in for a few more games until MY beloved tickets arrive in the mail. It'll be like Charlie and the Willy Wonka movie. OOoooo, a gold wrapper!!