Post your desktop and show it to everyone!

Allanon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Photobucket makes everything too small... *smacks photobucket with a club*

It automatically resizes pictures if they're larger than 1mb. So if it's 1.3mb, it's resized to a pic that's 120kb and makes it pretty much worthless.

re-save it as a jpeg. will be A LOT smaller. then go to www.imageshack.us and upload it. then copy the bottom link it gives you and click add picture in the new reply window. paste the url and post it.

• 4 weeks later...

wonderful, you guys have a 'post your desktop' thread... ...kudos.

if there isn't one on any forum i visit, i start one...so kudos also for your search function. ;-)

here be mine ... click the image for full size (1440x900 ... 1.2mb).

desktop-091206tiny.jpg

a few notes:

. running win2000 pro

. the background can be found at digitalblasphemy.com (ryan bliss does some pretty amazing work)

. the specific background is called 'enclave' (and is probably only available in the members area)

. the background is cropped to my liking/fitting

. within the analog clock, yes, that is the current phase of the moon (running two gadgets with different transparencies on top of each other)

. the 'gadgets' are all using either rainlendar or rainmeter (rainy's)

. the skins/colors for the calendar, analog clock, and the winamp-running gadget have all been personally customized

. in my quick-launch toolbar, the first icon is, indeed, a mini version of my monitor and desktop (which opens 'my computer')

. yes, i am an anal-retentive freak ;-)

. . .

keep 'em coming peoples! i very much enjoy seeing others' ideas and creative interests. these are always great threads.

Edited by Ω (Tolerance)

i wish i had the dough for a shiny new rig. ...then perhaps i'd get away from anything 'old school' :-P

i'm still running an athlon xp 1600+ with PC2100 ram (1gb), and a 64mb gforce4 ti4200. ya, ouch. :(

oof!

did you actually pay for an acount there?
yes, i've been a DB member for probably the last six years or so...almost since he (ryan bliss) started the whole shebang. i love his work and certainly thought it worthy of the living he makes out of it. i once wished i could follow in his footsteps with my own similar site.

I noticed you've got Ephesians 6:10-20 on your desktop. Good stuff.
i put on His armor every day!

...by the way, call me andy. :-) i realize perhaps i should have just used that username, but i figured i wanted people to at least recognize me from in-game. i started with '0 Tolerance' ... then of course my current (and permanent) handle, 'Ω' (omega ... the end) ... but i'm all about being more personal than the net usually is or accepts (at least with the right people).

cujo! ! ! ...lets see that beautiful background, not the forums we all can look at ourselves! ;-) ...vista/graphite looks quite nice btw.

cujo! ! ! ...lets see that beautiful background, not the forums we all can look at ourselves! ;-) ...vista/graphite looks quite nice btw.

haha, i had ie7 open so you could see what aeroglass looked like plus see what ie7 looked like. i'll make another thread tonight or on the weekend with all the vista backgrounds. i'll take smaller screenshots too unless you want them big. i just made that one big cause i wanted to flex my e-penis with the 1920x1200 res. :P

haha, i had ie7 open so you could see what aeroglass looked like plus see what ie7 looked like. i'll make another thread tonight or on the weekend with all the vista backgrounds. i'll take smaller screenshots too unless you want them big. i just made that one big cause i wanted to flex my e-penis with the 1920x1200 res. :P

Flex it somewhere else please! :erm: