Number of people for OHIO LAN

Mini_Me

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
If it cost less with less people make it 21+  :P

Well there is some entry fee... so more people = more people paying... so that could be offsetting any increase in cost <_<

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

if you wanna get wasted go to a real party or a concert..

not a computer lan party meant for people around this "community" to meet each other and share CS tips and see each other play IRL.

:ph34r:

I could care less about an age limit but im also not sponsoring the event.

I think 21 and over would be a bit too much....i think 18 + is a good limit....cause face it....the older crowd is gonna be inclined to throw back some alcohol... just the way it is. NO matter to me...ill leave those decisions to the fat man.

I also would still like to know if this is going to be a multi day event or a one day.

Lets get some finalization on whats what soon!

if you wanna get wasted go to a real party or a concert..

not a computer lan party meant for people around this "community" to meet each other and share CS tips and see each other play IRL.

that sounds like a party to me :ph34r: Guess you need to know more about the people in the community :D

hey kiddies, we were your age once, we know how it goes, and nobody i mean nobody wants the responsibility of any accidental or incidental use of adult beverages. there will be alcohol, and it will be consumed by more than a few people, so there is no way in h-e-double hockey stick that this get together could be anything other than 21 and over (the mandatory drinking age in ohio). if you want that responsibility, there is nothing preventing you from coordinating one of these events yourself. so get mad, act sad, but stay home. but thats just my opinion.

But zad, how many people would come another LAN party later this year that DIDNT have alcohol? Probably none, except Hitman and myself.

If people want to do that I would be glad to coordinate one, I have a perfect place for in that would hold 40-50 people. I just want to meet you guys, have a little fun, and have a few laughs. Thats all, but like wilco said, I will leave it up to the fat man.

Gunny :lol:

Since when did this become some big booze fest? If that is what you want to make it thats fine. But I dont want to be a part of it.

Since when did this become anything dif. than a big party where we meet the people we play with.

You people sure know how to take something fun and screw it up.

I guess I can assume that was directed at me since you quoted me right afterward.

First of all. If you guys want to emphasize the consumption of alchohol that is fine with me. I dont have a problem with it. I just wont be a part of it. I am not here to change it. I wont ask for it to be changed. I wont whine about the way it is. I will only just stay away. That is all.

I dont think thats whats being discussed....as an adult...as i know most of us are....we are able to consume alcohol.....and with such a mix of ages going people cant be liable....

ill go even if there is no booze at the location....im just saying that an event run by adults has to consider all things and all possibilities...

We gonna have a dry lan...fine with me....but if theres 20 or more of age people that want to have a cooler...i think there voices should be heard as well

Im looking at this as a party....i mean for alot of us its going to be a vacation to meet and play with people we know only over the internet....a multi state journey...

Contrary to popular belief i did most of my partying the night before anyways.....my posts were more of a joke that were taken obviously to seriously....

I think what really needs to happen here is to have the people who are setting up this event really get together and focus on what is going to happen....otherwise we are just going to start arguing and no one will want to come

the fact that there will be alchohol there and that no one wants to be held accountable for the under age people there that may try to partake in that when they shouldnt is whats being emphazed.

You think 1 day we could have no alcohol? Just one out of three...say the first day, no one drinks...just a thought so we youngins can still come...

But like Rev also said, I wont whine...if you want it 21 just say so and I will shut up. ;) lol

Gunny

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

If this is supposed to be a community-wide thing, you have to consider that a good chunk of this community is under the age of 21, and as thus, should also be considered alongside the people that want there to be alcohol. If you guys want to bring a cooler, I think it would be easier for you to just watch the cooler than to watch everyone thats not old enough to drink. There's got to be some way to come to a comprimise so that no one has to be discluded. We have plenty of time, so lets see if we can't work something out.

why would the underaged kids not drink and just hang out and have a good time and play cs and the of-age people drink if they choose and hang out and have a good time and play cs. Doesnt seem to be a big deal. If you are of age then drink if you want, if your not of age, dont drink or you will be asked to leave? ;)

w1lco for governor.

as for last year it was not a "booze feast", but the reality is that probably 80% if not more of the participants last year indulged in some form of adult beverage. i believe fatty and mini can attest to these numbers.

if the powers that be decide that the function should go in another direction, then so be it, i'll plan accordingly.

it seems to me this is just a topic for discussion right now, but all i keep see in a buncha "we'll i won't come" or "that's not fair" instead of stating your opinion and letting the hosts be the judge.

another 2 cents, i think i almost spent a dime in this topic.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

I just think it sucks to be assumed to want to drink... I'd rather have everybody else get drunk and stay sober - it's a lot easier to cream you guys in CS that way ;):P

Heres another take by me on this...

I want to meet a lot of people...so id really like it to be a 18 or older event

anything under 18 causes problems with supervision and nervous parents...and thats a buzz kill

The alcohol situation is going to be a factor cause face it....last year there was booze....and it was fun. There really is no reason the adults cant be respponsable for this. This however is also gonna be dependant on where this is going to be held.....we had alot of freedom at the location we was at last year...

We could easily have beverage and just take control over it and make sure no one under 21 is drinking...wouldnt be to hard...but again thats dependant on where this is going to be.

Another thing i would like is to make it a weekend event. it seemed too short last year.....my intoxiacation probably had a part to play in that but id like to have more time ....it seemed everyone was having a good time...and if i have to pay a lil more than last time im all for it.

lets keep this going...im gettin excited about this

ok fatman...its go time.....the light is green....you will pay...oh yes you will pay

lol didnt i play pinball with you and red as you tried to get me to the floor lol

good times

Oh, wait, this should jog your loss of memory:  B)

wilco_out.jpg

becareful fat with those pictures of drunk peeps. rumor has it there some quality shots of you floatin around the internet. :D