beat Episode 1?

Vovik

I'm a really lazy game beater lately, especially when it comes to stuff I'm not having fun with. It took me 2 years to beat last 2 levels of HL2 (cause they suck imo). I got Episode 1 two months back, and I think I only beat the first chapter so far (cause it's the same stuff as HL2's ending). Please tell me the rest takes place somewhere else beside that stupid skyscraper... <_<

You and Alyx get launched into space on a Combine Rocket ship, you crash on Kashyyyk, the wookie homeplanet, to find out it has been infested by Zombookies!

After killing 1,000s of Zombookies you realize you hit a space time continuum and are really on Earth.

It then says, "To be Continued...", and you wait around like the rest of us to see how it ends!

I'm a really lazy game beater lately, especially when it comes to stuff I'm not having fun with. It took me 2 years to beat last 2 levels of HL2 (cause they suck imo). I got Episode 1 two months back, and I think I only beat the first chapter so far (cause it's the same stuff as HL2's ending). Please tell me the rest takes place somewhere else beside that stupid skyscraper... <_<

you also fight in the city, in the underground parkinglots (with zombies), inside some building-factory thing (with antlions). I think thats all....

• 6 months later...

I just beat it today. I cant believe how SHORT it is! Amazing.

The scripting was a little choppy I thought, but it was ok. Some pretty cool concepts and the HDR adds a lot to the looks. I really liked how a lot of things were destructable (like the whole roof when you're fighting that bug-helicopter).

Overall, it was ok. I got it for free, but if you have to buy it, dont bother. Took less than 12 hours to beat.

I have to get a new vid card to beat it, cause there is this one spot that always freezes cause it gets too choppy D:

What are you running? My 9800 has no problems whatsoever (unless you consider not using the max graphics setting a problem)

I could run @ 1920x1200 with EVERYTHING maxed, and always got 45fps+ with my 7900gtx/c2d@3.1 and 2 gigs'o'ram. How bad is your card that it freezes the game if you bump it down to 800x600???

I beat hl2 with my old dell 2.0ghz, 1 gig of ram, 6200oc @ 800x600 with details at medium settings. Heh, i think i averaged around 15~30fps though :D

Edited by DarkArchon

I have to get a new vid card to beat it, cause there is this one spot that always freezes cause it gets too choppy D:

What are you running? My 9800 has no problems whatsoever (unless you consider not using the max graphics setting a problem)

I have a 6600GT, and most of the game runs fine. It's just ONE part that gets really choppy and then it just freezes

and I dont run at max graphics

I remember there was parts on mine that would freeze. Turned out to be something with my sound. I had to save it before that part, exit the game, disable the sound, restart the game, get through that part, then save it again, exit the game again, re enable sound, then start the game and continue playing. It happened a few times at very specific parts.