Fall Foods

mookie

I look out my window and see a good mix of green and yellow leaves out there. Fall is just about on us, with its cold nights and long darkness. And, of course, all kinds of seasonal foods that either don't get harvested until now, or are just no good on hot summer days. What's your favorite fall food?

Mine is pumpkin pie. A little sweet, and nice and spicy (in the spice way).

Do they sell real cider out in the midwest? If so you guys should give it a go sometime instead of your precious beer.

Fall is naturally the time for drinking cider too.

Heck yeah they cell cider in the Midwest! There are probably two dozen orchards within a 30-mile radius of my home. I just bought a gallon for $2.49. Mmmmm!

What is really good is baking apples (which are super cheap right now)- core 4 apples and fill them with blackberries and brown sugar, top each off with a pat of butter, and place them in a pan with 1/4 cup of water or sweet juice. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Do they sell real cider out in the midwest? If so you guys should give it a go sometime instead of your precious beer.

Fall is naturally the time for drinking cider too.

Heck yeah they cell cider in the Midwest! There are probably two dozen orchards within a 30-mile radius of my home. I just bought a gallon for $2.49. Mmmmm!

What is really good is baking apples (which are super cheap right now)- core 4 apples and fill them with blackberries and brown sugar, top each off with a pat of butter, and place them in a pan with 1/4 cup of water or sweet juice. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

mmmm baked apple