Interesting purchase from woot.com

((Shockwave))

Well, I'm unaware if you guys know about a dot com site called woot.com but I'll give you a quick run down.

They are a site that sells electronics and computer parts at cheaper prices than you can find anywhere else. There is a catch however, there is only 1 item per day (unless there is a woot-off; where they sell lots of items one after another for two days straight). There just so happened to be a woot-off recently and being an avid follower, I did lose a lot of sleep over watching for good items. <_<

I ended up scoring an adaptec gamebridge (pretty cool product) but for my 7th item in my woot career, I had bought the coveted Bag of Crap.

The bag of crap is pretty much a grab bag, you are not smart if you only buy a quantity of 1 or 2 when this item comes up. When you buy a quantity of 3 you end up getting your moneys worth, but anyways, to make a long story short I bought 3.

Well the box came and I opened it up and I saw a note on the top of the pile of stuff. "Your 3rd pc. of crap could not fit in this box, sorry". After calling woot shipping about shipping concerns as I live on campus (I have no tracking number for my 3rd item so I have no idea when it will be here or who will be able to sign for the package in the mail room) I found on the forums that the person who last got that exact note over a year ago received a 61" DLP TV.

There is one problem though. Another person got a note as well, except his looked nothing like mine. On top of this fact, the community also remembered that woot.com had bought Ken Jennings' Giant Head. So speculation is that one of us gets the giant head and the other something else.

In either event it has been the best $8 I have ever spent. I can't wait to see my 3rd crap.

It's customary to post pictures of your BoC so here is my post from the woot forums:

My bag of crap has come today:

Boc1.jpg

OPENING OF THE CRAP:

Boc2.jpg

*sees writing on a piece of paper on the top of the pile* 0_0

Boc4.jpg

"Your 3rd pc. of crap couldn't fit in this box,

sorry."

wow.. wowowowowowow... I'm really excited right now. A crap that could fit in the box 0_0. Apology accepted woot, can't wait to see it.

Bag and Craps 1 and 2:

Boc5.jpg

1x Camera Bag

2x USB Locks

1x Wireless Optical Mouse

EDIT:

Tried to take a better picture for truth, web cam is kinda grainy. It is genuine, I wouldn't take the time to fake it. lol

Picture10.jpg

The $1 3rd crap:

Unloaded:

100_0050.jpg

Action Shot: (little sister took this one.. lol)

100_0057.jpg

Time stamp wasn't changed.. oh well. XD

so when does it arrive?

it's already there, those are pictures we took of it. We changed the batteries in the camera 2 weeks or more ago that's why the time stamp is like that.

As you can see, my gaming computer made a cameo appearance in the second shot, and yes I did play HL2 on it. XD

Anyone else find it really suspicious that shock conveniently had an empty space in his house there? That corner seems mighty bare...what...did you get a house for $0.75 too?

ya its not like there isnt an entertainment system right next to the tv with wires hangin out from the old tv :P

Anyone else find it really suspicious that shock conveniently had an empty space in his house there? That corner seems mighty bare...what...did you get a house for $0.75 too?

ya its not like there isnt an entertainment system right next to the tv with wires hangin out from the old tv :P

Nooooo....Foiled!

LOL