Fatty to Florida - 2007!

Fatty

GC Founder

Welp, I checked into prices again, and.....I'm driving the crew.

Fatty, wife, 2 older girls, and two cheerleaders for babysitting will fly down the highways most likely on the night of June 14th until the 24th.

Flying us down and car rental down there would run us upwards of $1700. Driving the exploder down and back and inbetween will cost me $400-$500 in gas. I'll take the savings for the job. 40 hours of driving to save $1,300.....that's a job for over $30 / hour. I'll take it. Sure it costs me a couple days of vacation, which stinks....but $1,300.....

On to fishing: Shazz / Ebil, do you guys remember what we paid / person last year? We're not sure if Ami and Nate are coming this year, so if they don't, we're going to have to find a couple more Floridians to come fish us. I also wanted to go a little longer than last year and let Cap'n Eddie take us to the big'ns.....as if those fish weren't big enough.

Anyhoo...fishing will be sometime in that week. I don't know if we'll be certified to dive by then or not....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we caught some big uns!

The cost was around $140 a person. There are always people looking to go fishing...if you recall there were two others that wanted to go with us last time but there was no more room. I am sure we will be able to get a good group.

GC Founder
No driving with young kids.....

Maybe once the kids get older, but not while they're 6,3,1...no, no, no....

Welp, I checked into prices again, and.....I'm driving the crew.

:smiling2:

heh, ya, no 1 (soon to be 2) year-old.....so they'll be 7 and 4....Mya will actually have her 4th bday while we're down there.

The drive for us was actually only 18 hours, don't know where I got 24. We did it with no problems at all. The trip down we visited family in MO and then visited family near Nashville. It is really forunate because my sister lives exactly half way to Orlando. But we drove it straight through coming back. Made great time and no real hardships. Of course we were a lighter load: Me, Wife, 12 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son. Really good ages for driving.

When they were younger we always drove through the night. I don't have a problem driving at night plus the kids sleep and the roads are clear. Ideal.

I absolutely LOVED the weather in Jan. It was mostly warm and felt great to actually be warm in the middle of winter.

Hot off the press....I just found one of them!!!

fish_wideweb__430x286.jpg

And if I am not mistaken...This one came from your trip Mag! :tongue2: I had to make the picture bigger...so you could see it better.

060306BiggestBrown3InHandEdit.jpg

Hahhahaha...

You can tell you dont have kids!

I hope not! I'm only 19 o0o

By the time I was 19 I was married with a child. But that's one of those " Do as I say, not as I do" type situations.

Anyhoo, Fat. Might there be a chance of stopping in The ATL again this year? I swear I won't go out the night before and get completely snookered and miss it. Again. :yuck:

seriously...my aunt has lived in FLA most of her life...she called the other day and was like

"tell that fatty that we don't need him down heres"

Yep...the natives are restless...

They recommend that you come to Illinois and enjoy and all expenses (...they won't be recognized anyways) paid trip to Tek's house. You can enjoy the fully stocked backyard, which requires mowing, etc...you can enjoy the sunny front yard...the white...uhh...driveway....you can bask in the glow of countless famous...neighbors...and while you're there, you can dogsit (hey, kids like dogs!)!

eh?

GC Founder
Ok, Fat. Just ignore the drunk's question.

LoL just saw it...welp, the only reason we were there over night was because the plane that was coming to get us on our short layover broke somewhere....

Seeing as we're driving this time....hmm....dunno. I'd say we'd stop by your work but then again, based on the male:female ratio of the trip, I might get outvoted as to a Hooter's Luncheon.