MMO Gamer gone missing!

Tracid

Family: You know this is probably our fault, we weren't that responsible

Jack Thompson: Don't say that! Remember it's only your fault if you think it is... blame VIDEO GAMES!

Family: Is that the right thing to do

Jack Thompson: No, but it'll make me look better

What idiots. Games don't just make people disappear. I have a friend who plays WoW 24/7 and is into it just like the description of that kid - if he went missing, the last thing to go through my mind, is 'golly gee!, it's going to be all that game's fault.

I want to see how this turns out. Maybe it was terrorists.

MMO Gamer Missing

They hired Jack Thompson =\ if you don't know who he is, just google him.

Uh...so kid goes missing...parents blame game? Yeah, 'cause that makes sense.

Why not just blame the moon for sending cheese men down to grab him?

Also...if your parents let you become so engrossed in video games that you're not eating right, the parents should be thrown in jail. THAT'S WHY PARENTS EXIST, TO KEEP YOU FROM DOING STUPID THINGS AS YOU GROW UP!

post-1088-1169047835_thumb.jpg

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

(edited)

right.. my son started out with just one innocent game of pool. Then he started going to the pool hall more often and often. He then started spending his entire weekend at the pool hall. I started to get the feeling he was drinking when he went there. It got to the point all he did when away from work was go to the pool hall. He left for it last week and never came home.

Rather than showing my son there is life outside of the pool hall, I let something bad happen and since Im irresponsible and have to point my finger elsewhere Im going to file a case against pool halls and try to get them all shut down....

but wait. Did Jack get hired to investigate this because of his extensive knowledge of how MMO games work? or was he hired to point the finger at someone who is not responsible

Edited by NOFX

It was obviously my fault...I rent audio visual equipment and MMOs use audio and visuals...better tell the rest of the known universe to stop everything because Jack Thompson might find a sixth degree of separation and draw conclusions.

The sky is blue so therefore it must be water, because my concept of water is blue. I wonder how it stays up there?

*confused*

I thought if anything, you'd know EXACTLY where someone who obsessively plays MMOs is at ANY time. I know someone who took three days (THREE DAYS!) off of work to make a five day weekend (THREE DAYS!) so he could play the World of Warcraft expansion.

Did I mention he took off three days of work? THREE DAYS!

Point being, I know EXACTLY where he is...

Perhaps it's not the MMO's fault, Mr. Thompson.

(edited)
*confused*

I thought if anything, you'd know EXACTLY where someone who obsessively plays MMOs is at ANY time. I know someone who took three days (THREE DAYS!) off of work to make a five day weekend (THREE DAYS!) so he could play the World of Warcraft expansion.

Did I mention he took off three days of work? THREE DAYS!

Point being, I know EXACTLY where he is...

Perhaps it's not the MMO's fault, Mr. Thompson.

It actually can be really sad. The same friend I mentioned above, turned down a get-together of our entire ring of friends for a weekend, just so he could play that stupid game. I've turned down events that I deemed boring too, but these get-togethers we would have were a blast, because they were only once a year.

All I think of when I see MMOs is a large portion of your life invested into something that won't matter in 5+ years.

Edited by Saris

as someone who used to spend at least 6 hours a day (from 6pm til midnight) playing Neverwinter Nights online...I will say that MMO's are evil. Deliciously fun and incredibly fulfilling but EVIL!

at least the MMO I played didn't have a monthly fee :)

(edited)

I was playing a MMORPG(ultima Online) before most of you guys had an internet connection.. I was in 9th grade.. so let's see.. that was back in..

I was still playing the game my first year of college, which was a blast because I had a t-1 and noone had cable or dsl yet, everyone was still on dial up, which means I ran fast... Well.. I spent way to much time playing that game.. and like playaa said.. it doesnt matter in a few years

Edited by NOFX