First person shooters?

Magruter

K, i bought farcry last night. I get some weird glitch with the water, no (i tried ultra and high - it doesnt affect framerate at all).

It's pretty cool so far. I like that lots of it is outside with all the underbrush and whatnot. What I dont like is that the textures look soooo oooold in the buildings. Though, I guess i was expecting a little more like F.E.A.R. since I'd just beat that a few weeks ago. My bad.

I picked up prey for a moment and set it back down. Maybe I shoulda bought that one.

How was the second part of HL2?

F.E.A.R. - loved both it and F.E.A.R. XP. I actually liked the expansion better - it was a little scarier (first one wasnt really at all I thought).

I had to stop playing that for a week because it kept on giving me nightmares. AND I'M 19!!

But then my comp crashed and I couldn't find where they keep the saved games. :( I'm too much of a coward to redo it all.

F.E.A.R. - loved both it and F.E.A.R. XP. I actually liked the expansion better - it was a little scarier (first one wasnt really at all I thought).

I had to stop playing that for a week because it kept on giving me nightmares. AND I'M 19!!

But then my comp crashed and I couldn't find where they keep the saved games. :( I'm too much of a coward to redo it all.

Suck it up man! It's not THAT scary :biglaugha:

I really enjoyed playing through F.E.A.R., great combat and effects. Some good "make you jump" scares but nothing too traumatic.

Oh, and that Alma girl needs to seek professional help.

How was the second part of HL2?

I liked the whole game. Got a little repetitive at times, but that didn't really take much away from the experience for me. The story was one of the main driving forces in getting me to storm through the whole things as quickly as I did.

oh, i forgot about farcry... might have to re-install that one...

also, coming soon is crisis... by the makers of farcry I believe.

Crysis is also made by Crytek. Gonna be a good game, you should be keeping track of it.

K, i bought farcry last night. I get some weird glitch with the water, no (i tried ultra and high - it doesnt affect framerate at all).

It's pretty cool so far. I like that lots of it is outside with all the underbrush and whatnot. What I dont like is that the textures look soooo oooold in the buildings. Though, I guess i was expecting a little more like F.E.A.R. since I'd just beat that a few weeks ago. My bad.

Screenshots of the problems? By old, do you mean like old in-game as if they stuff has been around for ages in the game's world?

Suck it up man! It's not THAT scary :biglaugha:

I really enjoyed playing through F.E.A.R., great combat and effects. Some good "make you jump" scares but nothing too traumatic.

Oh, and that Alma girl needs to seek professional help.

Lol, I've beaten a few times. Did it a couple times using just melee and grenades with a couple exceptions. The walking tanks are impossible to take out with grenades cause you won't find enough around. The heavy-armored guys are possible, but melee attacks do pretty much nothing so you need a few.

Geek! You gotta finish it!

I'll take a screenie later today if i have time. It's pretty annoying to say the least. As for the textures, i just mean they look... i guess very NOT detailed? Very outdated since I'm used to FEAR and such now. It sometimes reminds me of the old HL, though I know it's not THAT bad. (HL was an awesome game!)

nothing yet, i'll probably pick up farcry. It's an older game right? How good/bad are the Gfx?

Looks like my comp will play fear. Hum which one. I want something realistic, I enjoy COD, run and gun type of missions.

The graphics in far cry were bleeding-edge sweet a couple years ago when it came out, and I still think they hold up pretty nicely today. Any of the really open areas with water, etc can be breathtaking with the long draw distances. The gameplay is NOT always run a gun however... it requires a little stealth, a little suprise, and LOTS of firepower and explosions to beat. There are some areas where its full steam ahead blow everything to bits (like the driving sections) but if you try to play the whole game that way it will be pretty hard.

It's also very likely that you will be able to play far cry at higher settings than F.E.A.R., as it is slightly older than F.E.A.R., which was known for taxing even high-end systems when it first came out.

Anyways, I recommend both games. Both have very fun single player experiences :boing:

Far cry isn't cheesy. Play the demo. You will get the idea. Its as real as CS: Source at times. the only thing that may be cheesy is the enemies' reactions to you. Other than that, it's cool.

Any computer will be able to play F.E.A.R. If you have a dx8 video card or higher, it will run.

My guess from that screenie is bad driver. With your rig, it should not look like that. I'm running an evga 7800GT KO and can run everything max settings at 1280x1024 and everything looks and runs gorgeous. Obviously your graphics setup takes mine out behind the woodshed and beats it into submission, so you shouldn't be having those kind of issues

Seriously. Even at 800x600 the water looks fantastic on my "rig." That's some crazy-looking water you have there. Like, crazy in that I want to keep walking and not look at it so it doesn't stab me with a rusty aluminum spork.

Though, I must admit, I thought the story and character interactions were pretty cheezy, but I thought that was part of what made it so good. I didn't get the feeling they were taking themselves really seriously at any point, so that's good.

It's kind of like Max Payne. Over the top, yes, but it wants to be over the top. That's why I like it so much.