How much are you paying for gas?

alvin

$2.79 this morning.

The Giant Eagle deal is awesome. We have become accustomed to going and buying gift certificates to places like home depot, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc from Giant Eagle when we know we are going to make a decent sized purchase. That way we get our gas discount from spending money other places too. Watch out though, if you try to buy the VISA or MC gift cards they charge you an activation fee which more than offsets their gas discount. We've gotten several free (or $0.02 cause they have to charge you something they say) tanks of gas. BTW, you can purchase up to 25 gal at that discounted rate if I remember correctly, so I have my wife take the lawn mower gas tanks too!!!

Around $3.20 here in sunny So. Cal

Yikes! It's never been above $3.09 here north of Pittsburgh, even a year or so ago when it spiked real high! Right now gas is about $2.79 (87 octane) north of Pittsburgh, and down in Pittsburgh it is around $2.84 or so. There are of course places deep in the 'Burgh that are charging darn near $3.00, but that is isolated.

Explain?

The local grocery stores here, Giant Eagle in particular, give you a 10 cent discount on their gas for every $50 in stuff you buy from them. The 10 cent discounts can be added together, so if you spend enough at the grocery store before buying gas from them you can get essentiall a free tank of gas or like he's saying a huge discount. Thus my post following. In the fall we were doing some work on the house that we assumed we were going to have to purchase around $600 worth of stuff from Home Depot. So we just went and bought $600 worth of Home Depot gift cards from the store and got $1.20 off of our next tank of gas.

(edited)

$3.19 for 87. $3.39 for 92 Usually end up spending about $65 bucks to fill my ride.

Both my cars have 22 gl tank. '04 Toyota 4runner, '06 MB CLS500

Edited by S*H*O+O*T