bunny hopping

Guest MuffinClan

Guest MuffinClan
Guest MuffinClan
Guest MuffinClan
Guests

I can bunny hop in 1.5 I just cant do it that well. I want to know if any you can show or tell me how to do it better. Its not as fast as the old bunny hop but u can deff do it. :D

yeah I saw someone (a regular) bunny hopping one day and was like "urK?!?" and I asked him about it he said you can do it perfectly if you go backwards...speeds ya up and everything......

I'm still thinking "urK?!?"

I just wanna use this face:

:=

Ya see Muffin...bunny hopping is exploiting a glitch in the game. Most people that play on these servers would consider that cheating. I know if I catch anyone bunny hopping they will get 1 warning and then be banned. So, maybe it's better off not knowing how to do it.

Yes i was very supprised to see someone bunny hopping the other day...

Hmmm so to fix it Valve just took away the forward bunny hop... LOL took lamers this long to figure out you can do it backwards!!!

Guest MuffinClan
Guest MuffinClan
Guest MuffinClan
Guests

I can do it goin forward. And gunman its not a hack. Please grow up. Seriously anythin I post about cs u guys say its a hack and then bash it. Please have some respect.

Muffin just because it's a glitch in the game doesn't make it NOT a cheat.

if you want some interesting reading on morals in video games check out this Questionable Cheat in Quake 3. This thread has some VERY good points that all gamers need to understand.

true and exploit in itself is not a cheat. However, alot of them you can tell are unfair advantages that are close to cheating. Bunny-hopping isn't one of those in my book. It's something that even though it's a glitch it still takes practice to be able to do. Just like fastswitch. They're both an acquired skill.

now something like that link I posted....that is flat out a cheat.

(for anyone that doesn't want to read that messageboard, Q3 has a cvar that you can set in your config, cg_shadows 2, that allows players to see the shadows of other players through walls and floors. Now the entire fight about it was whether it was a cheat because it was a game exploit, built right into the game........but it's basically a crappy wallhack so there is no question it's a cheat)

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

its NOT A CHEAT. You can only do like 5-6 jumps before slowing down.

Guest Ex-Archaic nonMCC number owning
Guests

Its way less effective now in 1.5 and it was lame back in 1.3 anyway... so just dont do it unless your dumb. 8P)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I think the server admins should make it clear that doing that is illegal in the community servers and that they will be banned if it continues

If i see anyone bunny hopping i'll shot ya, that will slow ya down!!!!!

I think it's illegal and deserves numerous amounts of slaying and then a perm ban!!!!! Just like fast switch awping in the air!!!

Banned then you can post in the forums if you need an unban, tell us why you cheated...

yeah I saw someone (a regular) bunny hopping one day and was like "urK?!?" and I asked him about it he said you can do it perfectly if you go backwards...speeds ya up and everything......

I'm still thinking "urK?!?"

I just wanna use this face:

:=

j00 talking about me??? Yeah i can do it backwards. It just a matter of pressing spacebar and crouch at the same time...I still cant do it forwards so its only good for looking over things for me. <_<

And as moss said it doesnt last forever, you can only use it in places like I was in Italy looking onto the platform above the apartments

Ill stop doing it if everyone thinks im cheating. :(

I wasnt around in the bunnyhopping days, but whats so bad about it? How does it give you an advantage?  :huh:

It lets you speed up. Its an exploit of the physics engine. It was in Quake they fixed it in Quake 2 but due to complaints they put it back in and then in Quake 3 it is there but off by default. Since HL was based on the Quake 2 engine it was there. Basically if you jump the right way(I was never good at it) it will cause you to accellerate. In quake some of the peopel who were good at it could get going really fast. In theory you could go a limitless speed with it given enough room though the engine probably has some sort of accelleration and velocity cap so you could only go that fast.

if the game was intended to be realistic, there would only be ONE (1) awper, per team, at any given time. you never see a fleet of snipers in the movies. oh wait, movies aren't real. but think about it. if this game, and community, is geared towards team play, and there was only one awp at the start of a round, wouldn't you want to put that awp in the best awpers hands for support?

If i see anyone bunny hopping i'll shot ya, that will slow ya down!!!!!

I think it's illegal and deserves numerous amounts of slaying and then a perm ban!!!!! Just like fast switch awping in the air!!! 

Banned then you can post in the  forums if you need an unban, tell us why you cheated...

Amen

if the game was intended to be realistic, there would only be ONE (1) awper, per team, at any given time. you never see a fleet of snipers in the movies. oh wait, movies aren't real. but think about it. if this game, and community, is geared towards team play, and there was only one awp at the start of a round, wouldn't you want to put that awp in the best awpers hands for support?

zad I think that would be a SWEET way to play.

the team nominates who gets to use the awp and only a certain amount of ppl get rifles and some hafta be support with smg's and shotties.

now THAT would make teamplay.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

yeah, that would be great. But you have to remeber that on trop many of the players there are newbs and do not know how to defuse a bomb and many would just take the awp each time to be a jerk. that is how it is now days. THe idea would be awesome though. Maybe no more than 2 snipers depending on the map and number of players.

Guest Navy
Guest Navy
Guest Navy
Guests

Have you guys ever played amreica's army:operations? That's the way the game makes you play ie only one sniper, more ppl on the plain rifle than anything else, 1 or 2 grenadiers, and maybe 1 or 2 ppl on the saw. You guys should check this game out, it's neat, but takes forever to download. O yeah it's free too. B)