dont buy a zune

TheGeek

My friend bought one and he knows nothing about computers and he gave it to me to try and figure out.

the software that comes with it rapes you EVERY time you turn it on, either it will delete songs ON ITS OWN, update the track info and tie up your cpu for an hour, have countless errors...

the problem I am having now is that I load on a full length movie, and it is on, but from the zune side you cannot see the movie. if you hook it up you can see it on the zune. funny thing is, if you take if off, put it back on, it will work for the day. and then delete itself the day after

DONT BUY A ZUNE! nothing but trouble.

time of enjoyment = 1 hour

time of frustration = 4 days

Sorry, but the only reason to buy an ipod is to be trendy. You must have itunes on your comp to use it, and you cant trade songs with anybody you want. They're terrible.

also, the Zune doesn't seem that much different. Required software is lame, lame, lame.

Flash based MP4 players ftw. No software, no restrictions, just load and play. Screw all the overpriced name brand junk. Get a nice MP4 player for $40 http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=FH...BLK&cat=MP3

My wife has one. Yeah I know it's only a 1gb player, but who can listen to more than 1gb of music in an 8 hour day? Heck if that's your issue but another one to keep in your pocket and still save money. Or you could get this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...476#detailspecs

discom...pretty much everything you said about the ipod is false.

if you know what you're doing or do a little research the ipod is as open as any other player.

I have used quite a few different MP3 players in my time and none of them is as simple or straightforward as my ipod.

(edited)
discom...pretty much everything you said about the ipod is false.

if you know what you're doing or do a little research the ipod is as open as any other player.

I have used quite a few different MP3 players in my time and none of them is as simple or straightforward as my ipod.

did u change the firmware?

Edited by discom

nope, I just know that there are other applications you can use instead of iTunes and if you don't purchase songs off of iTunes you can share them with anyone you want.

That said, I'm not saying the ipod is the route that everyone must take. To each his own. I gladly pay the extra money for a piece of hardware that "just works" and the support that comes with it. My year old ipod freaked out on me, I took it to the Apple store and walked out with a brand new ipod (possibly a refurb actually but it's been running for about 2 years with no problems) and didn't pay a cent. My friend had a $50 mp3 player that broke on him...when it did he had to go buy another one.

I dont have too big of a problem with my zune. The only thing I dont like is how you cant just put videos on it. Something that I was kinda iffy on was that mine sucked every song and picture from my network that it could find. But that turned out to be a plus cause I discover new music everyday I listen to the whole library on shuffle.

Sorry, but the only reason to buy an ipod is to be trendy. You must have itunes on your comp to use it, and you cant trade songs with anybody you want. They're terrible.

also, the Zune doesn't seem that much different. Required software is lame, lame, lame.

ipod + rockbox = solves all your problems...and I can play doom on my ipod...can you play doom on your xen?

IT ENDS NOW! YAY!

http://phaleux.com/?p=8

Now I have to crack it to make it work like a zen M. The one I told him to get :)

I have 2 things to say to that link:

1. LOL

2. If you have to try that hard to get basic functionality out of your portable media device, what's the point? The mp3 players that I have do what everyone wants them to do, and have for years. It seems like companies are taking a step backward rather than forward.

there's a problem with doing that with an ipod, you cant just go to your friends house and say "could you please load on software so I can get your music?"

with a zen its more like "plug this in for me"

nah I've had it a while and I wear it as a watch even when not using the mp3 stuff. It broadcasts itself via your FM radio so it doesn't need new tech to use it in the car or even on the clock radio next to my bed lol. I really love this thing. If I did get rid of it, it would be so I could get an mp4 watch lol but so far I haven't seen one of those with an FM transmitter built-in

ipod + rockbox = solves all your problems...and I can play doom on my ipod...can you play doom on your xen?

honestly don't see why you'd want to play doom on an ipod or any kind of mp3 player. computer ftw