Admin Abuse

Frog

(edited)

Anyways, I was on about 8:10pm PST (check the logs) and we were playing Aztec. Cts were slaughtering Ts, mainly b/c Ts were hiding on T side wall, well after about 3 or 4 rounds that went until like 5 secs left, I asked:

"Isnt this an objective based server?"

Lunk's reply was "your team is winning, stop your whining"

to which I replied "I wasnt whining, I was asking a questions, you dont have to be a jerk"

then I was kicked......

Check your history, I was playing here like 2 years ago, and I know Lunk is old school, but why kick me. Things like this are the reason that GC went from like 4 servers (just for CS:S) when I was a member to 1 server. Lunk shouldnt be jerks to people just b/c your losing. I now partner in my own community and occasionally like to play here b/c I play usually n00b servers and it gets boring playing with kids that havent played but 3 months. I guess I'll find another server to play, but wanted you guys to be careful, good players wont join your community with douche admins like Lunk kicking for asking a question.

frog

Edited by Frog

Anyways, I was on about 8:10pm PST (check the logs) and we were playing Aztec. Cts were slaughtering Ts, mainly b/c Ts were hiding on T side wall, well after about 3 or 4 rounds that went until like 5 secs left, I asked:

"Isnt this an objective based server?"

Lunk's reply was "your team is winning, stop your whining"

to which I replied "I wasnt whining, I was asking a questions, you dont have to be a jerk"

then I was kicked......

Check your history, I was playing here like 2 years ago, and I know Lunk is old school, but why kick me. Things like this are the reason that GC went from like 4 servers (just for CS:S) when I was a member to 1 server. Lunk shouldnt be jerks to people just b/c your losing. I now partner in my own community and occasionally like to play here b/c I play usually n00b servers and it gets boring playing with kids that havent played but 3 months. I guess I'll find another server to play, but wanted you guys to be careful, good players wont join your community with douche admins like Lunk kicking for asking a question.

frog

:wiggle2: you are just jealous of lunk :wiggle2:

Thanks for the feedback.

Lunk does come off like that sometimes, and you are correct, it doesn't do us any good. Thanks.

Now flip side: Your question....it seems redundant. If you have something to say, say it. Don't ask redundant questions. Sometimes redundant questions are like whining. I wasn't there, so I really can't say.

Lastly, perhaps Lunk was being a jerk. Be that as it may, starting the name-calling was on your side, yes? Don't mistake this for condoning Lunk's rough side, nor condemning it. I'm just searching a little bit.

Your question came across as trying to pick an argument. Just like your name calling above. To which I'm done allowing arguments to get started in game. I'm trying to enjoy my time playing also. So, if you got your feelings hurt or was offended by the fact that I removed you. You at least did the proper thing by coming in here to post. At the same time you could have come back and continued to play on the server. I wouldn't have had an issue with that.

Mr.Lunk is one of the reasons i stay here.I like the no nonsense admin style he has.He is also my FAVORITE person to shoot(next to Dreamz and Skyline)! :smileyb:

ARG periods are NOTHING without a space! My grammar sensors are hating you right now!

Edit: I agree with most of what frog says though... Just wish you would've said it in a more respectful manner, because that kind of stuff makes the sincerity and credibility from any post just evaporate.

Ps. Lunk, you do drive me up the wall sometimes. But you're quite the character, and if I ever meet you, I will likely need to give you a hug! :smiling2:

Edited by Peckles

I stay for Fatty's spicy sausages :)
Now that's disgusting.
He has more than one?!?!
Mr.Lunk is one of the reasons i stay here.I like the no nonsense admin style he has.He is also my FAVORITE person to shoot(next to Dreamz and Skyline)! :smileyb:
What!? I thought we had something ewok.... I thought.... {sob}... Shaftiel
But I shoot you when we are on the same teams,dork.

• 2 months later...

I have to say that I have a problem with Lunk as well. Can't say that I have seen him "abuse" his admin powers, so I am not going to comment. I have however seen him completely ignore the server rules while he hammers down on others who break them. My problem is with his swearing and complaining (constantly) about other players on his team. It is to the point where I don't want to be on the same side as him or mute him imediately on joining his team.

The big problem is the few times I have seen someone call him on it he threatens them. This is the ONLY CSS server I play on. I actually stopped playing CS and CSS for years because of the general lack of maturity on servers and was relived to find retro where I could play with mature, team oriented and good humored players. Basicly it is FUN here. Swearing and whining constantly make the game very much not fun hence why there are rules about it.

Can't say I want to see him banned, but he really shouldn't be an admin if he can't follow the server rules himself.

TTYL

~pseudo

Edited by pseudonym

I myself have never had a problem with Lunk.. Whenever I have ever joined the server I have never seen Lunk ever use his admin in bad ways. I like Lunk alot as an admin I think his uses his powers in the correct way. For instence if someone starts swearing and tking, Lunk automatically gets rid of the problem and carrys on with the game. He dosen't let the problem carry on like some other admins do. ( Not saying names).

Lunk is a great admin in my eyes :)

Skyline

Edited by skyline

I myself have never had a problem with Lunk.. Whenever I have ever joined the server I have never seen Lunk ever use his admin in bad ways. I like Lunk alot as an admin I think his uses his powers in the correct way. For instence if someone starts swearing and tking, Lunk automatically gets rid of the problem and carrys on with the game. He dosen't let the problem carry on like some other admins do. ( Not saying names... Shaftiel).

Lunk is a great admin in my eyes :)

Skyline

How dare you.

Just to get on the Hate-a-Lunk Train, I hear he keeps a life size model of Brian Seacrest in his closet <shudder>. Don't ask why...

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

Don't get me wrong here. I don't dislike Lunk. He is a nice guy and a great player. I just don't like anyone complaining all the time on the mic. In text, in chat, couldn't care less.. just on the mic it gets old pretty fast.

Maturity and teamplay are THE reasons to play here and why I recommend it to my friends. Stuff happens.. you know?

As for the admin stuff. As I said, I haven't seen him, at all, abuse his powers as admin. I haven't seen ANYONE abuse their admin powers for that matter. So far the admins have been excellent!