• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

.7? Oh my! I didn't see Talent(-less) sign up! 8P)

i do recall a joint being passed last year...

Yes, and I was not happy about that at all. In fact, bringing illegal drugs to a party where the people hosting aren't endorsing that sort of thing is disrespectful to say the least.

Yea, have respect and go outside to smoke...course if I was hosting the party I wouldn't let you smoke cigs around my computer...do you know what smoke does to your poor puter?

W1lco - I am comin this year. I talked to Red this afternoon he said we can crash at his pad if we want. My brother-in-law manages a couple Holiday Inns though so I will try to get a couple rooms cheap.

Red will be there as well he said (I told him he better have his donkey there cause I wanna go visit his workplace afterwards.)

Man I havent seen red in months. He left me an AIM message about a month ago while I was sleeping havent seen him since then :P I should be able to make the LAN this year as Im moving back to Chicago in May and its only a short drive from there :)

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

yea all smoking should be done elsewhere illegal or legal smoking, like out back or something.

Fatty are you going to tolerate any pot smoking at all?

GC Founder

There was smoking everywhere last time. There is, um, one room.

Smoke didn't bother me.

Now, the illegal stuff bothered me. Tolerate? Some guys will just do it, whether you like it or not. It's more or less about respect. They'll say "we'll go out back so you can't see us" etc. Heck, last year someone walked by me and offered me some.

I don't like it at all, but what am I going to do with adults that insist on it? Fight them?

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I think most people would understand if u didn't want the pot smoking inside

i do recall a joint being passed last year...

Yes, and I was not happy about that at all. In fact, bringing illegal drugs to a party where the people hosting aren't endorsing that sort of thing is disrespectful to say the least.

the "host" was actively participating ;)

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

i woulda thought Watch woulda been involved as well

About the "pot." Im sure whether or not Fatty partakes in this or not would not have an affect on if he condones it or not at this lan. I think its more like he is no one to tell you whether you can or cant but he cant "promote" it because it is illegal but everyone at the lan will be adults and should use their best judgement on the issue. He couldnt possibly come out and say " heck ya bring all the pot and lets get stoned" on a public forum. On the other hand he couldnt say "no, there will be no smoking or pot at the lan" he is only but one man and can do only so much. I would just hope that if he asks it not be done inside or whatever the "guidelines" are for this that they are respected and followed. Who cares if a few ppl are taking a late night walk to get some fresh air. :ph34r:

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

nice postest killer, i think u put it well enough to end da convo about it :-)

(edited)
I don't like it at all, but what am I going to do with adults that insist on it?  Fight them?

By all means, yes, peer pressure is totally and radically not cool. o0o

Edited by rackish

GC Founder

If I don't see it, can't much say anything about it.

However, do we have to go into this at all? Are you planning on standing on the side of the Sheraton to smoke it?

Are you guys unable to keep the activities legal for one weekend?

Heck, since we're at the Sheraton, I was going to propose that everyone wears a nice golf shirt with their shorts...but I think we have to deal with the weed issue obviously first.

Do what you will, but if you're standing around looking like a stoner, or smoking in a non-smoking room, etc, I will simply ask the hotel security to deal with it. I figure we've already had the discussion, and you know where I stand.

This is an easy one. It's not about beliefs or anything. It's not about holiness or sin. It's simply asking you to abide by the law. If this is going to be a crazy huge issue, perhaps we need to hash it out now and make sure everyone really wants to come to a party where one of the hosts asks you to not break laws.

NO DRUGS!!!!

The Last thing we need is some lone ranger to get caught with a 20 sack, then officier Johnny law searches everyone's room. I've been to some hotel parties where that happened, not a fun time.

As head of security for this event, i will not crack skulls. I will simply turn you over to the proper authorities and let them deal with your habit. B/C it's a habit if you can't put down a joint for two days...

Not be that person, i just want don't want to deal with it...