Another Zan post

shoot

(edited)

I'm not here to talk about Zan not being a team player, because that has been beat to death and we all know he's just there for himself.

Zan TKed me a few times this week (I TK and I get TKed all the time, that's not the issue). Most people are apologetic with an "I'm sorry", "Dang, didn't mean to throw that nade there", or "I was so blind, sorry". The first time I got TKed by Zan, I didn't say anything because when you're really involved in the game, you CAN forget or overlook. Fine.

Later on, I got TKed by Zan again and waited until the round was over and get nothing from Zan. When we spawned I told Zan, "how about I'm sorry Zan" and he types "I'm sorry you ran in front of me" or to that effect. Smartxxx comment I didn't appreciate. I rarely slap other players for TKs, but this time I did. I first thought, why bother with this idiot, but it seems like it's a pattern with him with total disregard for other players. At a later map, when he got TKed he was quick to slap the offending player even though he apologized.

I'm making this an issue, because it sets the tone with our server as far as friendliness and gaming experience goes. Zan logging the top online time (166+ hours since the new stat page) tells a lot about what new players experience or even the regulars.

I've defended Zan in the past, but my views about him have changed.

Edited by shoot

Next time you TK me shoot, I expect a sacrifice in honor of Priscilla Chan.

But back to the topic at hand, try just talking to him via admin chat and tell him he should be a more friendly player and see if he'll change. He's already changed his playstyle to be more team-oriented.

Did that... Doesn't work with him. He's arrogant like that.

the sacrifice? yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if She rejected your offer, since it was probably half-hearted and all, unlike mine :)

anyways, can't you just kick him for creating an unfriendly playing environment? that's one of the rules at gc right?

Kicking him for what happened is not right, I don't think. Besides, I didn't make an issue with him to escalate the situation. I don't want to use my admin privileges for something like this... Too petty.

However, it if happened to you or anybody else and escalated and becomes unruly, then I will.

Well, I am pretty new to the server. Been around for the last two weeks or so, and I find his attitude a bit lack luster. I am prior service army and when I hear somebody say something like this, "I'm sorry you ran in front of me," it just makes me cringe. As a person with a weapon in hand it is your responsibility to make sure you don't shoot any friendlies that jump in your line of fire, yes I know it's a game and the TK's do happen, but if you were the one that did the TK'n then take responsibility. I have to agree with shoot on this one. And well I am not really posting this to put zan down or anything, heck I don't even really know the guy but there are plenty of small things that he has done on the server that just rag on peoples nerves and he pretty much does them daily.

I guess it's one of those borderline situation coming from an admin stance, I never really had to deal with anyone like him when I was admin for underground central. Anyways just thought I would throw my two cents in. BTW I really enjoy the server it has actually gotten me back into counter-strike again, so keep it up.

-Gerp

I really don't mind Zan that much. I find people that kill me with with snap HS every time much more annoying.... like Vovik (who has to be cheating.. nobody can kill me that easily.. heh :P). Even more annoying are those who happen to be hot shot snipers and choose the defending side every time and kill the entire attacking team with thier AWP skills. Now that really gets my goat. So on the whole Zan doesn't really even rank on my irritation meter.

Shaftiel

I find people that kill me with with snap HS every time much more annoying.... like Vovik (who has to be cheating.. nobody can kill me that easily.. heh :P).

you should've been on last night, i was killing vovik at will, and talking smack behind his back while doing it; then, shoot betrayed me and relayed my smack talk to vovik and he proceeded to HS me...

btw, you know when you are old when you say something like:

Now that really gets my goat.

Welcome, gerp. You pain me in the server.

Shoot: I'd rather see you kick him to send a message than to call someone an idiot in a public forum. You're a GC admin, you have to find a way to raise the quality of the server with integrity. Sometimes it's a quick kick in the butt without drama.

Or those pesky p90 wielders that just mows down half the opposing team just because they have the extra bullets to tongue2.gif

Thats the only way I can get any kills with you guys!!!! So I'm stickin with the P90 and I'm gonna run and gun---(right behind the rest of you) :peace:

If you don't wanna kick him, have a little fun with him! As an admin, you have tons of funfilled commands at your disposal! Why not make good use of them? My favourite these days is teleportation. Teleport him somewhere high up, then freeze him on the way down!

The reason I do not play CS any more. TF2 is where it is at baby! No team work = team fails and loses pretty damn fast.

I played TF2 for about, 4 hours total.....that game sucks....total waste of money