Get your economic stimulus payment yet?

akaM2

Has anyone gotten their economic stimulus refund yet? First group were supposed to go out today through direct deposit.

If so, you plan on buying anything with it? Or just gonna save it?

I got that letter too. It was just a flier that repeated everything the media outlets had already said. It did specifically tell me an amount or that I was getting one. Just listed who should get them.

Mine is on no-interest at Home Depot already. We used it to update our bathroom. Anytime you put more than $300 on their card its automatic 6-mo no interest so we spent ours a little early.

As of noon I hadn't received mine, but according to the whos and whats, I should get mine this week.

This economic stimulus thingy isn't gonna work cause eveyone is going to buy a new stuff made in China. Oh yes but it will help that nation a great deal while people like me here in the states will be getting a lay off this week. :(

I plan on getting a tankless water heater (my 40gal about half dead) and pay on my credit card where I upgraded my computer a couple months ago (I spent a little bit more cause I knew we were getting the check).

Haven't gotten anything yet. I got the letter that said we were getting 1200, and when we did our taxes - TurboTax said the same thing.

We're gonna use it to buy some of the materials for the 280 feet of wood privacy fence I'm puttin up this summer. Found out that if you bribe ppl with smoked meat, they'll offer to come help run the 2-man auger. Yay.

i would ask them for it but insurance i get from them is paying for my second surgery on my shoulder. as for school, thats all up to me to pay for all of it and i'm lucky to have some good scholarships that help keep my loans down.

If your parents claimed you as a dependent, you should ask for the $300 like LCD said. But if they're paying for part/all of your college education, then you don't have much of a case for that $300. :)

Problem is, I'm over 17. That means they didn't get any money for claiming me as a dependant. They just got a small tax break. The DO NOT pay for any of my bills, schooling, gas, etc. I'm pretty sure I wont get that money. :(