Firefox 3

boiler

still issue with Firefox 3.0 that I had on firefox 2. always on cnn.com it seems from time to time when i click back then click on a new news article it causes firefox to freeze. still occuring on firefox 3.0. ...you failed to fix your errors firefox!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You poor fanboy.

btw, I had a dept on campus give me a 20" iMac. Well, transfer one to me anyway. As soon as the paperwork is processed I can go pick it up.

Now you can either convert or be thrown into the fire lol. Run Dweez run

You poor fanboy.

btw, I had a dept on campus give me a 20" iMac. Well, transfer one to me anyway. As soon as the paperwork is processed I can go pick it up.

Now you can either convert or be thrown into the fire lol. Run Dweez run

Nah, I've had a mixed-platform for years.

Doesn't that sound more like a problem with CNN.com?

maybe but haven't had an issue yet with IE

that just means the programmer sucks. i hear about this all the time from my programmer buddy. he's constantly annoyed at how poorly most programmers code and test.

any site that doesn't work on firefox at this point is either out of service or coded poorly.

as far as not using the nav bar, why is it needed? my buttons fit just fine on the menu bar. this way i get more vertical space for web pages.

Doesn't that sound more like a problem with CNN.com?

maybe but haven't had an issue yet with IE

that just means the programmer sucks. i hear about this all the time from my programmer buddy. he's constantly annoyed at how poorly most programmers code and test.

any site that doesn't work on firefox at this point is either out of service or coded poorly.

as far as not using the nav bar, why is it needed? my buttons fit just fine on the menu bar. this way i get more vertical space for web pages.

You have 1920x1200 resolution, and yet you still need MORE vertical space for your web pages? :freak3:

call me crazy, but i prefer to know that the webpage i think i'm on matches the url i'm at. additionally, i've grown to really like the ctrl+k to hit the search box.

without either of those, might as well be on a webtv. :wiggle2:

call me crazy, but i prefer to know that the webpage i think i'm on matches the url i'm at. additionally, i've grown to really like the ctrl+k to hit the search box.

without either of those, might as well be on a webtv. :wiggle2:

umm, disable the nav bar and you can still have the address bar... as with the nav icons i moved the address bar and the google search to the menu bar.

navbarinmenubarsz9.jpg

yes, i still need more vertical space. you know how much i have to scroll to read forums. more vertical space means less scrolling. i have more horizontal space than i know what to do with. especially with my second monitor containing my side bar. as you can see above i use the bookmarks side bar in ff which takes up some of that horizontal space.

(edited)
The cost of desktop real estate nowadays (i.e., cheap monitors), who really needs 10-20 more pixels of vertical space?

EVERYONE needs more vertical space. unless you have a 2 post limit per page on your forums you're constantly scrolling to get where you want to be. edit - espeically when people have giant avatars such as yours. :P

besides that, having just the menu bar there looks stupid and less efficient. it's more streamlined to combine the bars.

also, monitors aren't really that cheap. certainly not when compared to the rest of the system hardware.

Edited by Cujo

Cujo, no offense but does scrolling really bother you that much? If so dude, sorry but please complain more :boo:

i was only defending myself/giving my reasons for combining all my bars into one... if you see this as complaining than so be it.

Cujo, no offense but does scrolling really bother you that much? If so dude, sorry but please complain more :boo:

i was only defending myself/giving my reasons for combining all my bars into one... if you see this as complaining than so be it.

I combine my toolbars just for space-saving for space-saving's sake. I'm weird that way.

I combine my toolbars just for space-saving for space-saving's sake. I'm weird that way.

that's actually the reason i started doing it.

...and not JUST that way...