Fence Project

Bewildered

Haven't been playing much CS:S lately, and this is why. We're installing 300 ft of cedar privacy fence. Its a cap & wrap style, so on the outside of the fence there is a 1x4 trim piece that mirrors each of the 2x4 crossbeams (with the slats sandwiched in between). Then the cap is another 1x4 trim piece on the top ofthe fence. 1st pic is of the outside of the fence, 2nd & 3rd are of teh inside. The side of the fence in the front of our house is done, (1st pic) except for the gate. So thats 4 bays completely finished (out of 39 with a ton more bays started but not complete). So I'll be busy for a few more weeks :(

vdmyck.jpg

s0vk8g.jpg

206lopd.jpg

Looks great. Great Job. I worked for a fencing company when I graduated college for 9 months out in Denver while I was looking for an engineering job. That was the #1 type of fence ordered from us. I'm glad those days are over. I'll take my comfy leather high back office chair over doing that stuff day in and day out....

Thanks for all the praise! :) We think it looks pretty awesome too, and I'm glad I took the time to bring the cement above ground level, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep at night, wondering if the rain was rotting out my posts :biglaugha:

looks great. now do you have a dog that is going to be running around inside this fence or something? Or just for privacy reasons?

I think he needs something to sit on with the elections coming up...

looks great. now do you have a dog that is going to be running around inside this fence or something? Or just for privacy reasons?

15ofp15.jpg

Yep! Also, we hate our neighbors :)

Not sure what the dogs gonna think, he'll lose his ability to watch the neighbors and all the cars, but he'll gain the ability to run freely in the backyard. I think hes "on the fence" still :biglaugha:

I see you built that fence to scale with the dog...

well, on my screen the dog in the pic is actually taller than the fence in the pics.

I say well done Bewildered.

That was my point...giant dog, giant fence... :shrug03:

Giant doggie...giant doggie bombs...catch-22.

I think that's bewildered's master plan. He builds the fence, the wife cleans the poop. Way to go bewildered! That's totally becoming your job after the first time she does it. :biglaugha: