Lend me a cd key for xp

Preacher

I sold my copy of windows xp a while back and I have a PC I need to test out with an OS to make sure everything is working properly. The only OS I currently own is vista business 64. I would be willing to pay some for a copy. Anyway if anyone would do this I would be in your debt.

I sold my copy of windows xp a while back and I have a PC I need to test out with an OS to make sure everything is working properly. The only OS I currently own is vista business 64. I would be willing to pay some for a copy. Anyway if anyone would do this I would be in your debt.

Have you found one yet?

OK whole story (embarrassing): I have a PC here that I erased the hard drive thinking I could reinstall using the CD key on the COA on the side panel. Much to my dismay it does not work with XP Home SP1 or 2 CD. I really need to get this back up and running with a legit key so I can DL all the updates and so I won't hear back later from the people. Anyway if anyone has a key for xp home or pro that I can use for this I would be most grateful.

OK whole story (embarrassing): I have a PC here that I erased the hard drive thinking I could reinstall using the CD key on the COA on the side panel. Much to my dismay it does not work with XP Home SP1 or 2 CD. I really need to get this back up and running with a legit key so I can DL all the updates and so I won't hear back later from the people. Anyway if anyone has a key for xp home or pro that I can use for this I would be most grateful.

You don't need an authentic copy of windows running to get the updates, install windows, let the people who bought your pc buy a cd key from microsoft (they have 30 days) and you don't have to worry about the legal implications of publicly asking for someones CD key

(edited)

issue resolved from other means thanks for the good thoughts on it anyway. I just wish MS wasn't so ridiculous. COA doesn't + CD Key even though there's obviously a CD key on it? Makes no sense but alas we can always go Umbuntu :)

Note: If it had not had a COA sticker on the back of the PC I would not have asked. I do not feel obliged to repurchase the same software just because I don't have the correct install disk.

Edited by Preacher

Sorry, but this thread needs deleted. I guess it served it's purpose but it's very, very close to (read as: way the hell over) the line of being inappropriate for this forum.

o0o