Any master chefs here?

Unclean

I know you guys have at least ONE DISH that's the cat's pajamas. So spill it! :)

I don't think I have a "signature dish", but here's one that's mighty tasty:

Unclean's Kick-in-the-Pants Salad

What you'll need:

1lb chicken breast

Vegetable oil

Weber Kickin' Chicken spice

1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

8-12 slices of bacon

1 head of romaine lettuce

Carrots

Cucumbers

any other salad fixins you like

Chop the chicken into cubes or strips. Put them into a 1gallon bag with some vegetable oil and the kickin' chicken spice. Set aside.

Wash and chop veggies, put them in the fridge.

Cook the bacon and chicken. Crumble the bacon when it cools a little.

Layer the salad thusly: lettuce, veggies, chicken, cheese, salad dressing, bacon. If you do it right away, the cheese should melt right over the chicken.

where in the world do people use the phrase "the cat's pajamas?" it's a serious question.

i make the meanest carolina pulled pork this side of the carolinas. i'll throw down anytime.

9 lbs bone in boston butt.

x tbsp secret rub

x tbsp secret vinegar mop

grill for 45 minutes per pound @ 250 F

let rest for 30 minutes

pull

enjoy

i'll share the secrets when i get home AND unclean explains the pajama cat thing.

Unclean, that actually sounds mighty tasty... looks like I know what's for dinner...

Something I usually like to make, which is pretty easy, is some sorta pasta-dish. I can't remember what exactly it's called, it's basically pasta with a parmesan garlic sauce.

Needs:

Pasta (bowties are my personal fav :P)

garlic (you can use fresh cloves, but personally i go to wal-mart and get Minced garlic in the jar, found by the spices... i think)

parmesan cheese (an unreal amount will be used, make sure you have a bunch)

Milk

Butter/oil

An italian seasoning of your choice (parsley flakes look the prettiest lol, but i actually use a mix of seasonings that you can buy)

To start, boil the pasta, and put it in a strainer.

put butter/oil (use around 2 tablespoons) in the pot you just used to saute the garlic. put it on a med high heat, wait for the butter/oil to get fairly warm, and put about a tablespoon of garlic in (more or less, depending on how much you like it.

When you get the thick garlic smell in the air, take the strained pasta and put it back into the pot and stir it up for a couple minutes.

Turn down the heat to a low heat (if you have numbers, 1-10, use 2), and pour 1 - 1-1/2 cups of parmesan cheese into the pot over the pasta, shortly after that, pour about 1 cup of milk in. let the heat melt the cheese, and stir continuously. if it doesn't become saucy, and comes out stringy and cheesy, the heat was most likely too high.

I haven't made this in a while, so this is mostly by memory, I'll probably make it soon and have to edit this post... lol

Squinty >.<

where in the world do people use the phrase "the cat's pajamas?" it's a serious question.

i make the meanest carolina pulled pork this side of the carolinas. i'll throw down anytime.

x tbsp secret rub

let rest for 30 minutes

pull

enjoy

i'll share the secrets when i get home AND unclean explains the pajama cat thing.

It's an old nonsense phrase like "the bee's knees". I like bringing back old words/phrases like tomfoolery and shenanigans.

nao share ur secrat recipe plz

Squinty - I'll have to try that! Do you ever add any kind of meat? Italian sausage would probably go well with a creamy sauce like that.

(edited)

Best Ribs ever

2 large packs of pork ribs

garlic powder

garlic pepper

cayenne pepper

3 sticks of butter

2 large or 3 small bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle BBq sauce

coat ribs with thin coat of garlic powder

add about 8 shakes of garlic pepper to each rack of ribs

add about 4 shakes of cayenne pepper to each rack

Grill ribs till done (do not overcook) but make sure it's done - note: if possible use real wood briquettes not matchlight or heaven forbid a gas grill lol

Remove ribs from grill

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

in a large cake pan pour bbq sauce and make sure to fully coat bottom of pan

Place ribs in pan and coat top with sauce

slice butter into table spoon sized chunks and spread throughout the pan

place uncovered in oven for 2 hours

flip and add more sauce as needed to cover ribs

cook additional 1 hour and serve

Edited by Preacher

x tbsp secret rub

let rest for 30 minutes

pull

enjoy

It's an old nonsense phrase like "the bee's knees". I like bringing back old words/phrases like tomfoolery and shenanigans.

nao share ur secrat recipe plz

Squinty - I'll have to try that! Do you ever add any kind of meat? Italian sausage would probably go well with a creamy sauce like that.

Normally, I add chicken, if anything.... italian sausage is alright, but I'm just more of a chicken fan in general. you can actually cut up 2 chicken breasts (depending on size) into about 1/2 inch cubes, and boil it in the water with the pasta to keep it moist (i HATE dried out chicken).

Squinty >.<

Best Ribs ever

2 large packs of pork ribs

garlic powder

garlic pepper

cayenne pepper

3 sticks of butter

2 large or 3 small bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle BBq sauce

coat ribs with thin coat of garlic powder

add about 8 shakes of garlic pepper to each rack of ribs

add about 4 shakes of cayenne pepper to each rack

Grill ribs till done (do not overcook) but make sure it's done - note: if possible use real wood briquettes not matchlight or heaven forbid a gas grill lol

Remove ribs from grill

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

in a large cake pan pour bbq sauce and make sure to fully coat bottom of pan

Place ribs in pan and coat top with sauce

slice butter into table spoon sized chunks and spread throughout the pan

place uncovered in oven for 2 hours

flip and add more sauce as needed to cover ribs

cook additional 1 hour and serve

When I make ribs (which is almost never because i'm poor) I also boil them before I grill them... not for long, but just enough, it makes the ribs extremely tender, and they almost literally fall off of the bone. Just what I do, I'm sure your recipe is fantastic :)

Squinty >.<

When you boil them the grease is lost into the water, I'm sure for the whiny women out thee trying to lose weight this is a selling feature but when you lose that grease it loses much of the flavor as well. My method of slow cooking it in the oven after charcoal grilling it makes it fall off the boan tender as well as keeps all the flavor :)

When you boil them the grease is lost into the water, I'm sure for the whiny women out thee trying to lose weight this is a selling feature but when you lose that grease it loses much of the flavor as well. My method of slow cooking it in the oven after charcoal grilling it makes it fall off the boan tender as well as keeps all the flavor :)

Point taken :P

Squinty >.<

I can't believe it. Stutters has grown up and *gasp* learned a few things. I had you pegged for a mac 'n cheese souffle kinda guy. Impressive.

We use "cat's arse" around here.

As in "wow, cool!", not as in recipe ingredient...

Best Ribs ever

I make my pork spare ribs this way:

1. Leave the membrane on, it ain't worth the trouble to remove.

2.* They don't need no rub or nothin, mother nature gave em everything they need to be awsum.

3. Cook em over indirect heat @ ~ 225 (220-240, but the closer to 225, the better) degrees for 6-7 hours (no more), bone side down the whole time. If the meat is falling off the bone, you over cooked em, and the meat will be mushy.

4. Spray em once an hour with apple juice, or some other mop. Don't sweat it though, this doesn't add much to em really. I've tried it with and without. It may make the bark a little nicer.

5. If you're doing multiple racks, rotate them in the same direction once an hour (e.g. clockwise) (If you're just doing two racks, swap em once an hour).

Serve the sauce on the side cuz, frankly, they don't need no sauce.

* I rub em with this just before I toss em in the smoker. This is enough to make a whole lotta ribs, I store what I don't use in our fridge, in a ziplock bag.

1/4 C paprika

1/4 C black pepper

1/4 C kosher salt

1/4 C sugar

2 Tbsp chili powder

2 Tbsp garlic powder

2 Tbsp onion powder

2 tsp cayenne

Edited by Bewildered

Enchiladas

Once the basic components are prepared, this is a simple dish to assemble. We usually make the ranchera sauce and filling ahead of time. The filling, we like the best, is just a simple ground turkey that is seasoned like we would for tacos.

To assemble, fry one 5" corn tortilla quickly in oil, without letting it get crispy. Drain the tortilla, and then dip it in ranchera sauce. I actually put a spoonful of sauce on the one side and smear it around, then flip the tortilla over and repeat. Then spoon two tablespoons of filling on the tortilla, and roll it up. Place the enchilada in an oven-safe dish. Repeat as necessary to make enough enchiladas. Finally, spoon a little of the ranchera sauce on top of the enchiladas, and then sprinkle them with some mild cheddar cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Taco Meat

1 lb ground turkey

2 tablespoons cumin

1 tablespoon ancho

1 tablespoon paprika

1 tablespoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon dried cilantro

1 tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes

2 teaspoons minced garlic

* 1 cup water

Directions:

Brown ground turkey and drain. Add all ingredients, simmer over low heat to reduce moisture.

* You can use less water to speed things along, but the water + simmering makes the end product less gritty/powdery from all the dried/powdered ingredients.

Salsa Ranchera

2 pounds fresh tomatoes

2 Serrano chiles (Note: The original recipe calls for 4 serranos/lb of tomatoes)

2 Garlic cloves

4 tablespoons Canola oil

1 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:

Roast the tomatoes and chiles under the broiler for 5-10 minutes (turning once) until slightly charred. Puree the tomatoes and chiles along with the garlic and salt in a blender. In a fry pan, heat the oil, and then add the sauce and cook quickly for about 5-7 minutes until the sauce has reduced a bit.

IMG_0294[1].jpg

Edited by Bewildered

Basic Barbeque Rub

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1/4 cup sweet paprika

3 tblsp black pepper

3 tblsp coarse salt

1 tblsp hickory-smoked salt (or moar coarse saltz)

2 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp onion powder

2 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp celery seeds

combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. mix with your (clean and washed) hands to break up brown sugar.

Stutters Studly Pepper Rub

3 tblsp coarse salt

3 tblsp cracked black peppercorns

3 tblsp hot red pepper flakes

3 tblsp onion flakes

3 tblsp dried parsley

mix.

Stutters 10 gallon hat Texas Rub

2 dried chipotle chiles (tear open and remove seeds, unless you're a man)

2 tblsp black peppercorns

1 tbsp cumin seeds

1 tblsp coriander seeds

1 tblsp yellow mustard seeds

1/4 cup coarse salt

1/4 cup paprika

2 tblsp brown sugar

1 tblsp garlic flakes

1 tblsp onion flakes

1 tblsp dried oregano

warm skillet (or dry cast iron) over med heat. slowly add (in this order) chipoodles, peppercorns, cumin, mustard seeds, and toast about 3 minutes. don't overdue it, tex.

grab your favorite mortar and pestle, grind that thing like you're at spring break. add remaining ingredients.

gotta run to meetings, i'll post the pulled pork next.

if you're not part of the webernation, i'd really recommend it. they've got some great video tutorials and they send out recipes regularly. this one just came in, and is most definitely getting a run very, very soon.

Black Pepper New York Strip Steaks with Horseradish Sauce

Serves: 4

Prep time: 10 minutes

Grilling time: about 8 minutes

Sauce

3/4 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons prepared horseradish

2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

4 New York strip steaks, 10 to 12 ounces each and about 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1. In a medium bowl thoroughly mix the sauce ingredients.

2. Lightly brush the steaks on both sides with the oil, and then smear the mustard on both sides. Season evenly with the salt and pepper. Let the steaks sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.

3. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct high heat (450°F to 550°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, for about 6 minutes, turning once and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. Move the steaks over indirect high heat and cook, with the lid closed, until they reach your desired doneness, about 2 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the grill and let the steaks rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the steaks warm with the sauce on the side.

http://www.webernation.com/Home.aspx

• 2 months later...

Tek's Monster Red Sauce:

This recipe works well for marinara (meat or no) and pizza sauce.

8 lbs tomato (cut into 1/4's)

2 lbs sweet onion (rough chop)

4 cloves garlic (rough chop)

2 bell peppers (rough chop)

1/4 cup olive oil

2 tbsp kosher salt

1 tbsp sugar

1/4 cup (loose) fresh orgegano

1 cup (loose) fressh basil

1 tsp red pepper flakes

1 tbsp dried parsley

1 tsp tomato paste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chopped tomato, pepper, onion, and garlic in a roasting pan. Coat with olive oil, salt, sugar, spices (save 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 the basil for last step) and toss.

Roast all for 1 hour 15 min tossing every 20 min or so.

Remove pan from oven and allow it to cool.

Place remaining basil and garlic clove into food proc. with roasted stuff...puree for 1 min.

Best red sauce evar!

Dark's Good Steaks

Need: 1 x 308 (model doesn't really matter)

1 x 308 ammo

1 x Leupold scope

1 x doe tag

Go shoot a bambi.

Gut.

Hang and remove hide, drain blood.

Wash with vinegar.

Salt and pepper.

Let hang for 1 - 2 days.

Butcher, with a special cut of 2-inch thick butterfly or sirloin steaks.

Marinate for 4 hours in whatever steak sauce you like.

Fry on low for ~ 1/2 hour adding mushrooms, garlic, onions, seasoning salt, pepper, and whatever else you like on your steak in various amounts.

Eat it.

This stuff is better than anything you can buy at a restaurant.

Edited by DarkArchon