PC Complete!

Tracid

There would be more pics but I ran out of batteries.

Everything was a success. Installed XP Pro in record time of 10 mins more or less.

For some reason could not get the Floppy Drive to be detected, if it is plugged in the SATA DVD Drive would not be detected by BIOS. After XP Pro installation tried out 3DMark06 and scored 14888. I'm going to be fine tuning this PC software wise and see if I can't raise the score. Btw what is the best 3DMark to use? All in all a fun project even though I did not do it alone, I had a lot of help from bs hellbound (he built the whole thing while I assisted him) that lives near by.

P1010060.jpg

Seating the PSU, decided to put it upside down so the wires are closer to the back panel.

P1010061.jpg

Mounting the Zalman 9700 on the board.

P1010062.jpg

Starting to run the wires.

P1010063.jpg

The back of mobo panel.

P1010064.jpg

Plugging stuff in.

P1010065.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010075.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010080.jpg

P1010081.jpg

Your computer building skills are better then your holding camera still skills. :D

Nice, I have same case, but didn't do all the 'cord hiding', and now I'm jealous and have something to do over the weekend!

BTW, what all do you have in there?

Edited by NorgmaN

That's bs hellbound right there hehe. I have a Q9450 on it, GTX 280 SSC, 4 GB DDR2 8000 G.skill RAM, 860 PSU, Zalman 9700NT for CPU fan, 3 hard drives and a non working floppy, it wont detect it :( but its only 7 bucks and...it would cost that much to ship it back to them anyway. LG DVD burner.

Very nice...but what do you need a floppy drive for? Also, wouldn't it be better to put one of the major heat producing components (power supply) at the top of the case instead of the bottom?

not when the case is designed for it to be at the bottom :)

I had an Antec P180 with the PSU at the bottom, and from a cabling standpoint I liked it being there. That said, it had it's own "tunnel" at the bottom with a 120mm fan moving air directly across it so heat wasn't rising up into the main section with all the goodies.

There was some other design-related reason that some manufacturers are putting the PSUs on the bottom, but I can't remember what they are right now.

Antec must be making a killing off of those Nine-Hundred cases. Seems like everyone and their Grandmother has one.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like them. I would take a P180 or P182 any day of the week over the 900. :shrug03: