Well... crap!

shaftiel

So, my wife came over to me and sat down, looked at me and said, "Are you going to keep the house when I move out?" I looked at her blankly for a minute and said, "Um... what?".

Seems that she feels I have never cared for her like she deserves. So after 12 years of marriage and 3 kids she wants a divorce. Sigh. It seems her friends have known for over a year that she was unhappy, but nobody, including my wife, thought it would be useful to let me in on the situation. I mean, yes, she lost her mother last year, and she has been on anti-depressants for years now, but I had no idea that she felt I was a problem. Oh well, she has made up her mind I suppose. I asked her to at least go to a few counseling sessions with me to try and figure things out before we file. I'm afraid I will be a little lost if this goes through and we get a divorce. She was my second girlfriend, and the only one I have ever had relations with. I guess I just let my personal stress regarding my job get in the way of our relationship. Just wish she had told me about it before now. Anyway, hopefully we can get to the root of the problem during the counseling and work this out. Wish me luck.

Shaftiel

hopefully we can get to the root of the problem

The root of the problem = miscommunication.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Seems like you need to find out every feeling she has about your relationship and examine yourself honestly to figure out where you went wrong. NEVER go into a situation like this trying to figure out what the other person did wrong. ALWAYS try to figure out what you did wrong.

dang that sucks... I have a buddy going through the same situation right now, unhappy wife she never said a word. She hoped the problem would fix itself, according to her it never did. Now she's just messing with him and not filing for divorce. I think she's waiting for him to file so she doesn't feel like the bad guy. My prayers go out to you and your kids, you need to try counseling, NEED!

Well if she agrees to the counseling then I would have to say she isn't 100% sure of the break-up. I would sincerely consider watching the movie Fireproof together. I know it's a bit cheesy, but it would really help the two of you understand how love works. When you put the other person first, in all things, you open the door for them to wish to do the same.

A movie, however, will not solve 12 years of not being who you guys should have been. Counseling is a great first step. I can also outline some stuff for you guys if you are not financially secure enough to pay a decent counselor. PM Sent

not to be too nosy but hows this goin shaft? any good news?

Well enough, we are laughing again, and I am making it a point to spend more time with her just talking. So I am hopeful that things can turn around. Thanks for asking :)

Shaftiel