Pulled over

Magruter

Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guests

My car has been pulled over 5 times, 3 times with myself in it.

Never gotten a ticket, though one time I was pulled over I was driving with a friend in my car before the 6-month rule was up (don't know if that's a California-only rule, though it probably is). The punishment for that is taking away your license, but the officer was pretty cool, and just asked me about my car more than anything. No tickets.... yet :ph34r:

Actually, MwR took us down pretty handily in the finals.

:blink:

But I've been ticketed twice for speeding, but unreasonably close to the speed limit and neither of them going on my record. I used to get pulled over more than once a week in my IROC becase the windows on the sides were black like a comic book and the back wndow had the vertical louvres...total white trash hot rod...and it reallly rumbled with the phat motor and exhaust. It was a suspicious vehicle...I guess you could say I was a victim of profiling.

Chief

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

0...Thats right 0. I am a law abiding citizen. One time I was going 45 in a 25 and its one of the most known streets to speed and get pulled over on. I pulled out my wallet gave him license blah blah. He noticed my PBA card and was like can I see that. Told him who it was and got out of a ticket. One rule...Be nice to cops and don't be jackasses. 75% of the time if your nice to them they will be nice back and not give you a ticket. From experience. I am also a fast driver and usually go 80 in 60 and for the 2 yrs I've been driving I have never been caught. I am slick =\ .

hrm, ive been pulled about....7 times. 48 in a 35. 72 in a 55. Then i was doing 38 in a 25, but since he seen I was in college and didnt pay my insurance he just wrote me a ticket for failure to obey a highway sign which only cost 30 bucks. Then I was parked in a parking lot, waiting on a friend that I worked with to get off so i could take him home, and the cop came up to my car seen a case of beer in the back and wrote me a ticket for underage possesion. I was about 4 months from being 21. The others, I was just nice and they let me go.

I used to have a radar detector and got pulled over too many times with it - timed, paced. In my pre-25yo phase I had 5 tickets for 9 times pulled over.

The 4 extra times pulled over were in the 1969 Charger that I restored (to show winning condition) which was extremely loud if you goosed the throttle. I never got a ticket in that car. Twice pulled over on the freeway for 5mph over the limit, no ticket, and both times the officers ended up asking "What's under the hood?" realizing that I was not a pot smoking, beer guzzling stoner redneck out romping in his muscle car while beating his old woman in the back seat. The other two times I got pulled over in it they thought I was racing away from a stoplight when I was just pulling away normally because it was so loud, I guess the town had no noise ordinance so they couldn't do anything.

1 ticket since in a speed trap in town at the bottom of a hill, for 37mph in a 30mph zone. :angry:

Not that I haven't ever sped, my best time from Seattle to Portland - and a total of 178 miles onramp to offramp - was 1:59. := Cops in unmarked cars, sitting on overpasses, and on onramps are your biggest worry and you don't need a radar detector to see them.

Edit: As an aside, my slowest time from Seattle to Portland was 12:16 over a 196 mile route. On my bike in the annual STP (Seattle to Portland) ride.

Now I live near where I work and hardly ever get on the freeway. Everyone complains about Seattle traffic, but they commute from 15-30 miles away. The fools, I walk to work.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests
Well, you better knock on wood...

Chief

I know =\ .

Pulled over 3 times...3 tickets. Where is my warning? All my friends got warnings...I get tickets. Course I was over 18 and they were under 18.

I pretty much stick to the limit now. The thought of paying more money to the insurance company sickens me. I don't care about the points nor the fine...it's those darn insurance companies.

ok if we want stories.....

I was 16, had my license 6 days.......cop pulls me over going 38 in a 25. He asked me what the speed limit was and I said "35", because it had been up till that week. I was going 38 downhill and truely thought the speed limit was 35. He gave me a ticket anyway...6 days after I got my license.

2nd time I was passing someone going 60 in a 55 while a cop was coming in the other lane (that I couldn't see because of the sun)........totally deserved the speeding ticket for 72 in a 55 and totally deserved the reckless endangerment ticket for driving the cop off the road into the ditch (he pulled right out, it wasn't too deep).

Next ticket: I was going to see a friend who was leaving forever the next day...was late...looked at my speedometer and realized I was going 70 in a 55....decided I should slow down. Took my foot off the gas and a cop popped over the hill and clocked me with his brand new moving radar (small town, they had just got them the week before) going 67 in a 55. He gave me a ticket.....then tried to have a conversation with me about my stereo system (because I had speaker wire in the back and he liked sound systems).....I just stared at him with this look: <_< and he got the point and left...

I've been ticketed only once and learned my lesson: never attach your bar card to your license.

Coming home from my honeymoon, "Just Married" still painted in big bold letters on the back of the jeep, there's a detour thru some po-dunk town in Huron County, Ohio. Stopped for 50 in a 35. The guy sees my bar card and says something like "what's this? you're a lawyer? so you know you shouldn't be speeding." And gave me a ticket.

Got some satisfaction outta it tho, the guy was obviously a rookie and his hands were shaking as he filled out the ticket and handed it to me. That was a good laugh. If it'd only been closer to home, woulda had a ball fighting it. :)

TeKNiK Posted on Apr 4 2003, 12:06 PM

He noticed my PBA card and was like can I see that.
What is that??

Be nice to cops and don't be jackasses. 75% of the time if your nice to them they will be nice back and not give you a ticket.

wrong :angry:

I am 26 years old so I have been driving 10 years btw...

In College Station (Texas A&M) where I spent the last several years, the cops are notorious donkeys. They are terrible. Also, I speed EVERYWHERE. How many times have I been pulled over? Probably 50 times.

Tickets? Probably 20

On record? Probably 10

How much have I spent on tickets total?? I really don't want to know, but thousands. I am a sick sick man.

Thank goodness I am back in a big town. i already got a ticket up here, but just got an attorney to take care of it. I should call him and put him on retainer or something :rolleyes:

BTW Texas has a lot of little hick podunk towns that set up speed traps. Also, the State Troopers will getcha. I got as many tickets in College Station in 3 years as I did in San Antonio in about 8

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

A "PBA" card is something that shows your friends or your family member is a police officer. If you get pulled over they are supposed to take the card away but the cop didn't take mine.

Up here goot, cops are fairly nice. Only a few jackasses. Be nice is my goal.

Probably around 7-8, but most were from 8 years ago or more. The latest was coming back for a little LAN party at a friend's house. It was around 4AM and besides my computer, I had a little TV I had been storying at his house in my front seat. I pull to an intersection that had 3 lanes on my side but 4 lights. Left lane was "turn only", middle lane was "straight", right lane was "turn only". Lights in order from left to right were "Left arrow", "normal light", "normal light", and "right arrow".

I interpreted the left 2 lights as if it were a "double light" (left green arrow go...red, yield) because the signals were not really clear. It was really stupid on my part because I saw the two cops sitting at the gas station on the corner before I pulled out...but I honestly thought I was in the right.

Anyway, i see them start following me but since the road is a winding, no-shoulder road, they didn't pull me over until it was safe about 4 miles down the road. I had no clue how they would interpret what they saw. A shaved-head, ear-pierced guy in a mustang with a TV in the front seat...at 4am.

Anyway, when I explained to the cop my thinking, about the 3 lanes/4 signals, he said I was wrong, that the setup wasn't like that. I said, Hey, we can go back and check right now. He went ahead and wrote me a ticket for "failure to yield" ($55 + $45 court fees) and said that he would go back and check the signal setup (and I should feel free to check it again as well). He said that if he was incorrect, he would say so in court (making me think it would get thrown out in court).

Court date comes around and the judge decides that, based on my excellent driving history, he would throw the ticket out on the condition that 1) I enroll and take the states (Virginia) "Driver's Improvement Program (DIP)" and have not other infractions for 6 months.

So, to get out of a $100 ticket, I had to take an afternoon off work and pay $50 for the DIP class plus $45 court fees...wow $5 savings. At least I saved my driving record though so insurance doesn't get affected.

Hrmmm....In my 10 or so years of driving I have had a few tickets. My favorite one was shortly after I turned 16. I am passing a car on a two lane street, dashed line on my side and solid on the other side. I get out to pass the car, look up, and there is a cop coming towards me in the other lane(never over the speed limit mind you because the car was doing like 20 mph in a 45). So, I slow back down and get behind the car I was trying to pass. The cop pulls me over and says that where I was trying to pass, the other side of the street had the dashed and gives me a ticket for improper passing. I take it to juvi court because its a crap ticket. I had to get out of school to go to court, so I wore my school clothes, the judge throws me out of the court room and refuses to hear my case because I'm not "properly dressed" for court. So, my step-dad walks right up to the judge and asks if there is a way to request another judge...LOL...should have seen the look on the guys face. Anyways, to make an already long story no longer, I come back, the other judge is nice, the cop doesn't even remember giving me the ticket when she testifies, and the judge is in shocked amazement that she gave me the ticket in the first place because I "NEVER EVEN PASSED THE CAR."

I have had probably 6 speeding tickets. The worst one was coming home from the local honkey tonk(Cotton Eyed Joe if there are any Tennessee locals) at around 3 am. My buddy and I are in my 91 Suziki Swift (kinda like a Geo Metro) and I've got the speedometer dialed out going down the highway. Cop comes over a flyover and gets right behind me without me noticing and paces me.....He says he clocked me at 99 mph in a freakin Suziki Swift... :lol: ... and writes me a ticket for 99 in a 55. I call the city the next day to get my fine, and the woman is in utter amazement that the cop didn't give me reckless driving and says the fine will be $350!!!!! My whole freakin income tax rebate that year. :(

Edited by Bubblegum Bandit

Guest gOnZo
Guest gOnZo
Guest gOnZo
Guests

7x = 6 tickets. Its been my experience that cops are like most other people, some are cool, some are punks. I've always been cool w/ cops, "yes sir, no sir...". When I got pulled over most of the time I got tickets. Some of the cops that gave me tickets were cool about it and I have no problem with that. I was speeding, I got caught, I got a ticket. What does tick me off though is when your cool with a cop and they got to "cop" this attitude, like your some kiddie rapist that just got off and their gonna make it their mission to let you know they don't like your kind. Give me a ticket, just lose the freaking attitude buddy.