Banned for 1440 minutes

Guest Hoogz

I haven't been here long so I don't feel right in voicing my opinion about this matter but I will say that some of the attitude I have seen flying across this MB as of late has been pretty shocking to say the least. I think the community will be better off for them going.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the best thing would be the attitude going but my reference was actually in the person having the attitude going.

I wanted to keep it non-specific as to not single-out one person in general because I really don't know anyone yet outside of their MB presence.

Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests

My opinion. Hoogz. Good competitor when he did not complain. Good person, when he did not complain. Unfortunately, I did not see that side too much.

That and the bastage had the tendency to seek me out of the whole team and get me only.

Good thing is, 90% or more of everyone who comes around the forums and plays on the server don't have this attitude. I honestly thought Hoogz was just having a bad day, that's why I engaged him in conversation with the "hold up a sec". Turns out there were more underlying issues, and an attitude that just doesn't fit. Well, then you get this. Which is fine by me.

Hope the VI guys don't get the wrong impression of the people around here. You kinda came in when laundry is being aired and a bit of cleaning up is being done. And a lot of negative stuff flows from that. But in the end, it'll be an even better place.

I had a great laugh outta all this when my wife read this forum (which she never does). Her response was "why didn't you just tell him to quit acting like a girly-girl. Sounds like a woman with all the complaining." :lol::lol::lol: A nice fresh perspective. :)

vi only brings the thunder, baby!

well, everyone except me....

and maybe kak.

and stealler

and vamp

but everyone else sure does!

anyway, this place seems coolio

i kinda wish that ptb were in place here

but it cant be christmas everyday:D

i played with some of the admins once or twice and they seems pretty nice

just keep up the good work

and boot these fools that whine like little girly-men :angry:

I had enough enough of him about two weeks ago? or so. He is a bit too whiney and pretty clearly demonstrated over an hour or two that he would only be a drain. I'm glad you guys gave him the chance, because he did play a lot and was a decent player. I'm glad I didn't :D cuz I don't like dealing with that madness and chaos.

Chief

PTB (Ptahhotep's Team Balancer) is an Adminmod plugin. At the end of each round, it does some evaluating and will switch people around if it has determined that skill/number is uneven. It has it's own problems at times where it either doesn't switch/even when it clearly needs to but on our old server, we found these "problem times" to happen a heck of a lot less and be less problematic then trying to rely on the players themselves to fix the problem.

PTB also has a feature called WTJ (Wrong Team Join), where it would prevent a person from joining an already stacked team. Three incorrect WTJ attempts and it would boot you. I think later the admin set it so that after 2 incorrect WTJ attempts, it would just "auto" you on a team. WTJ was only initiated for Italy.

I think we've tried serveral team balancers, more controversy then anything, but i do like the JWT dealy.

Thanks for getting yourself banned hoogz, you da man...

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns...

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

this might upset some of you...but o well.

hoogz, grow up, you are playing on a pub. play your heart out? ok fine, have fun giving it your all on 30 min map rotations where the other guys on your team could be stoned or have just come back from the store with the game. don't take the pubbing life seriously, and don't think number one matters at all in the stats.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I think Hoogz brings up some interesting comments. I also think he definitly went about this the wrong way if he wanted to get his point across.

oh well as long as Mmmm treats all new community members warmly, everyone will be convinced that this is the happy cs paradise they want it to be.

but for some of us that have been around awhile, I think we can see alil more clearly whats really going on.

and I don't care to argue this in Mmmm forums or servers, I know better.

www.aixgaming.com <---- good things come to those who wait... :ph34r:

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

in life you have to take the good with the bad. Nothing is perfect.

but for some of us that have been around awhile, I think we can see alil more clearly whats really going on.

The Mmmm Conspiracy Theory

Coming to a theatre near you in the summer of 2003.

No, chuck, I've lined up that little chuckie doll thing for you.

I found the stunt double for Lunk in a gravel pit in his home town, just lying there waiting for an opportunity to rock.

Several members of Law n Order are interesting in mrX's role.

I heard they got Ben Afflack to play me.

That stinks. I would hate looking like a sappy sissy with huge teeth and no mojo on the big screen.

My people are talking with Bruce's people right now. I don't mind being middle-aged and bald. I just want to be a smooth and lethal family man with a horrible band and as good with guns as I am with fast women when they put me on the silver screen.

Chief

Oh that's Bruce Willis if you aren't in the loop ;)

My people just got back with me on the inside track and some headshots from the casting agents:

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classificatio...fubuscullet.jpg

Magruter as the old man

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classificatio.../IX/sunkiss.jpg[/img]

Fatty as teh sunburnt tyrant

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classificatio...I/supercool.jpg

The Bugs as the guy that tries too hard

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classificatio...oldgrowthmg.jpg

Kurtz as the seasoned veteran

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classificatio...ix/IV/alive.jpg

Rev as the Fat tyrant's spiritual advisor

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classificatio...ix/V/rokken.jpg

Slims as the prodigy

...maybe Ben Affleck isn't so bad!

Chief

sorry but I couldn't post the images because of the ! in the link...but they're worth clicking on for a good laugh.

I had a great laugh outta all this when my wife read this forum (which she never does).  Her response was "why didn't you just tell him to quit acting like a girly-girl.  Sounds like a woman with all the complaining."  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  A nice fresh perspective. :)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

WoW!!!

Where does a brother begin to respond to all this? o0o

Have to say I'm a little surprised about all this. Personally, I've never had a problem with Hoogz. I enjoyed playin' with/against him. But, after readin' all this I can see he just 1) Doesn't have a firm grip on reality 2) Needs to get a life if his bein' banned from trop ruined his weekend(too many other servers out there) 3) Needs to grow up (check out what I've done on Detroit-CS-Who cares what he did there. We're talkin' about what it takes to play on our server). If he's such a tough guy. Strap on a rifle and head to Iraq.(I'm on my soapbox now-watch out-Nah just kiddin' ;) )

Anyways, for all you guys out there P'n & M'n(tinklein' & Moanin') about how you get treated on our server: IT'S A GAME, RELAX HAVE FUN. YOU CAN'T BE DA'MAN ALL THE TIME. SO TAKE YOUR BEATINGS WITH YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH THE SAME WAY YOU TAKE YOUR WINNINGS.

Lunk

PS: Smoke I don't even know of you. But your post speaks volumes about your 'tude man. Lighten up. Plenty of other servers out there.

Like Dweez said, I haven't played here enough (not at all actually, fried vid card) to really comment on anyone personally, but it seems like this kid hoogz could have handled this in a much less defensive/third grade way. I have found a lot of the msg board attitude pretty hard core myself, but it's probably because I haven't seen such blatant disrespect for people in a while. Anyway, once I get this video card fixed, I'll get into the community a lot more, and I hope I get to play with some of the guys I have talked to already (with my whopping 10 posts!). I am sure that this guy isn't a representative sample of the kind of peeps that populate this server so I doubt it will scare any of us away :)