Can we get a timer/buffer before the door can be opened?

Desterion

I'm really getting tired of having rushers open the door and run out before everyone is even loaded in. If we have to we can call it the sk timer, because he will rush out within seconds of grabbing his gun without fail. I can't count how many times the survivors have been wiped because of rushing out of the spawn. We need something like 15-20s so everyone can get loaded in and grab a gun before sk goes charging off and gets half the team incapped.

• Like 1

Ooo, but this won't be possible on the first leg of any of the campaigns (if it's even possible on other legs).

If locking the saferoom door works, that'd be fine to do--imo. As for a time limit, a fixed time (15s) would be easiest, but it'd probably be most efficient to lock the door until the last person loads in from the previous round (maybe add 1s after that). Seems like a good idea.

+1

I used to always load in last until I upgraded, i'm somewhere in the front/middle now. It happened a LOT when back before I upgraded where i'd come in and already be boomed and half health or something after a chapter change. It's not quite as bad for infected as they can still spawn but won't be in position anywhere. I'l be down for helping test

(edited)

Sometimes that's a strategy... to run out and block before infected can spawn... hehehehe.

It doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't mind the lock. I always wait and usually I am the last one to leave the safe room.

Ask Meng, he's always on and usually one of the last to load in... lol

Edited by Cake
  • Like 1

While it maybe considered strategy at times it can really mess up your team and it's not fair to slow loaders who come in and time delay a sec and there's spit where they loaded in at.

I think it's a good ideal it's not just sk though there are a few people who do this and it's annoying weather you are on survivor or infected. Can make unfair advantages.

Also, are you taking the grenade launcher out of map 3 of No Mercy, after that exploit.

While it maybe considered strategy at times it can really mess up your team and it's not fair to slow loaders who come in and time delay a sec and there's spit where they loaded in at.

I think it's a good ideal it's not just sk though there are a few people who do this and it's annoying weather you are on survivor or infected. Can make unfair advantages.

Also, are you taking the grenade launcher out of map 3 of No Mercy, after that exploit.

actually sk doesnt do it all that much anymore from what ive seen playing with him for last week or so. but like jackie said he needs ppl with slow computers. jackie, maybe ppl who read this thread will assist u. i dont have that bad of a slower computer ... but it def can be better. i'll help u out if u need

<3

Yuri

Doing this would help equalize both teams, because the team surviving 2nd doesn't normally have to worry about loading. They all 'load in' instantly when it's their turn. In any case, let me know if you need a tester, maybe I can run l4d2 on my netbook? Hah.

It just isn't fair play for either side if anyone had to load in later to find themselves pin under a hunter or miss a huge chance to kill the survivors.

And just tonight I saw sk busting out of the saferoom relatively fast in Swamp Fever.

• Like 1

Yeah a lot of times infected have to play catchup on the top of the chapter because of rushing. The bottom half of the chapter is almost always a lot more even because everyone has time to prepare. Sk has said he does it specifically because it gives an advantage, but it's a gamble every time. It rattles both teams and forces everyone to play at his pace rather than developing their own. It works fine for the first 1-2 ppl out of the spawn, but everyone else left behind pays for the rushing.

LOVE IT. I have played some custom servers that had a 15 sec freeze timer before you could even move. I don't like that idea so much because you can't gear up while you wait. But that DID work on the first map of a campaign.

I tried doing this, but I need at least 3 other people to help me test it. Preferably someone with a slow computer.

MPG is usually last to load in when I play with him. Don't know about his PC, but its probably his distance that does it.

I only do it when its the second turn (after survivors have played the first round)

I dont go out as a survivor after a map changed, I dont understand why you have to go out a few secs later after i went out you can wait in the safe room and be safe if i die by myself let it be. I learn from my mistakes and you should as well.

I only do it when its the second turn (after survivors have played the first round)

I dont go out as a survivor after a map changed, I dont understand why you have to go out a few secs later after i went out you can wait in the safe room and be safe if i die by myself let it be. I learn from my mistakes and you should as well.

While I have seen you do it on map changes not just as second turn.

The fact is this is a 10v10 and it's not just about one person. No ones saying they just want to hang in the saferoom they are saying they want everyone to be loaded in and stop letting teams have unfair advantages.

People are going out a few seconds later than you because they just loaded in. That's the issue.

We don't need to point out names or blame eachother. Let's just fix the problem and have fun. If you still need testers, I will be on later Jack :)

I agree with cake. and I will def point finger at u TALAPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR

<3

Yuri

GC Server Admin
(edited)

LOVE IT. I have played some custom servers that had a 15 sec freeze timer before you could even move. I don't like that idea so much because you can't gear up while you wait. But that DID work on the first map of a campaign.

I tried doing this, but I need at least 3 other people to help me test it. Preferably someone with a slow computer.

MPG is usually last to load in when I play with him. Don't know about his PC, but its probably his distance that does it.

Most times after loading in every1 is already at the saferoom lol, then when next round starts 99.9% of times I have lost my spot.

Proabably is due to distance, being across the 'Pond' (the Great Lakes must be a 'puddle' compared to the Pond}.

I'd be a tester Jackie.

Edited by MPG1770

This is a very good idea, I don't know why it isn't a part of the vanilla game. I don't point the finger at any of you, well except for Talpa because he said to and Meng, because you have to. I'd be happy to help test, but I seem to load in among the first.