fatty, u against free speach?

DarkAngel711

so tuesday mornin im playin in [Mmmm]tropolis and its all good. then some1 asks me if the server has lots of blood and i say yes, its a dumb mod. next thing i know im kicked. i come back and im kicked again. i try to reconnect and i get banned.

before i was kicked for the 2nd time, i was told that fatty kicked me b/c he didnt like my negative attitude. HAH! thats a good one. i now cant say that the mod is dumb... sound a bit like fatty is affraid of any1 mocking anything that is his. the mod is dumb. blood shoots out like crazy and the people blow up into thousands of pieces.

if u dont like me fatty, thats fine. but dont hinder my fun while playing with my friends in a server. its a game fat. let it be at that. if u dont like my oppinions, tell me that! dont kick and ban me just because. im tired of it. it happens almost every time i try to play. u have a good server with good people in it. how about u let some1 actually enjoy the server though fat w/o having to worry if what they say will offend u.

-DarkAngel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so every time you connect to the server you get kicked for no reason?.....................I'd say that fatty kicking you for your bad attitude is something that grew and didn't just "pop up" out of nowhere on this one occasion.

oh yeah, you forgot to read the rules of this forum.....

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests
(edited)

Plz spell SPEECH correctly ;) <----WINK . Thx

Edited by TeKNiK

please spell YOU'RE correctly ;) <--wink. Just kidding, the las thing I want is to have to start proofreading my posts. But I couldn't miss that opportunity if I had an AWP. (The joke on that is that I can't hit much with an AWP.)

+++++

To the point:

If you want to practice free speech, get a job at your local newspaper. If you want to join someone else's server, realize you voluntarily elect to suspend whatever claims to the First Ammendment you claim to have. Some businesses say no soliciting, some malls say no loitering, some servers say no bad attitudes.

Your best alternative is to fund a server that has the mods running on it that you like. Then you are free to regulate behavior as you please. In the mean time, I'm going to start working on a form letter for every single crazy one of these banned posts that say, "I have the right..."

No you don't. It's not yours. And while plenty of people think that this place is bunk and poorly managed, plenty of others enjoy the place. I suggest finding a place that you enjoy.

Chief

cheif: that is where u r wrong. i love playing in this server. i love the people and the maps and the ping. i can find little wrong with any part of it. i dont feel i have a bad attitude. sure, i can complain about the teams every once in a while cause some pleople tend to stack the teams like crazy. im just trying to have fun and im sure the rest of my team is jsut as mad as i am. i just voice my opinions. i dont do it in an accusing way (usually ;) ) and if i do i dont mean it to come off that way. like i said b4, its a game. i just dont think that since fatty is the only 1 that has a prob with me that i should be banned. all of the people i enjoy playing with are in tropolis.

-DarkAngel

was it a perm ban or a temp ban? maybe it was Fatty just telling you it was time to go to work ;) I dunno... just making light of situation.

oh and Chief... you mispelled LAST ;)

I hope all is resolved well.

i wish i knew what kind of ban it is longhair. no one has told me anything. and if its a temp, then i dont mind it all taht much as long as i am allowed back to play in a server that i enjoy.

-DarkAngel

p.s.

im a student and im on spring break

1) My post was a joke...CS, TF, Firearms, VS = Mod; extra gore = plugin

2) If you don't like the plugin, keep your comments productive. "This mod is dumb" does not help anything.

3) Keep your comments to the proper venue. This MB is here for people to communicate with one another. More specifically, there is a thread dedicated to the new "gore plugin"...post your comments there. In-game comments are usually not well thought out and difficult to interpret so your best course of action is to rationally post your comment in the appropriate thread.

i wasnt trying to say anything (good or bad) with my comment in teh server. the guy asked me if this server had extra blood on and i simply said that it has a dumb gore mod (plugin, what ever). i didnt intend to insult any1. i was just replying.

Ok, wasn't trying to get witchy with my comments...was just really trying to be informative. Personally, I don't like the plugin either, but it is something I can live with (it being just a game and all anyway).

Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guests

I like the blood squirts it shows me where people are.ty god for that mod

i like the mod for a fun laid-back game. wait...thats really all i do anymore anyway :P I really enjoyed dust 828 (or whatever) last night. I was creepin up on some ct's and laughing into my mic because i was watchin my own blood spurtin in front of me!

hmmmm....

so about 4 hours later im still banned. fatty prob perm banned me.

i dotn mind the plugin/mod (what ever) if we r playin a fun map like he_tennis or 828_dust, but on dust2 at 10 in the mornin, its not the greatest thing. i just dont understand y i was banned. come on fatty, post up the logs and let every1 see what it was that was really said.

im just simply asking that i please be unbanned so i can enjoy my spring break playin in a good server.

(edited)
HAH! thats a good one. i now cant say that the mod is dumb... sound a bit like fatty is affraid of any1 mocking anything that is his. the mod is dumb.

After three years, I've realized that there are rules. Every now and then, I do something just a bit out of line and I apologize earnestly. If you've been around three years, surely you've noticed a trend to the posts that get accepted and those that get flamed.

but dont hinder my fun while playing with my friends in a server.
not "A" server...and not "YOUR" server. not mine either.

how about u let some1 actually enjoy the server though fat w/o having to worry if what they say will offend u.

...server seems to be enjoyed. Just follow some basic rules and apologize when you find a new one or accidently break one you know about. When it all becomes to infuriatingly insane...POOF!!!30,000 other servers appear.

cheif: that is where u r wrong. i love playing in this server. i love the people and the maps and the ping. i can find little wrong with any part of it.

Perhaps, I am wrong. Perhaps we should make doorlocks illegal, and require citizens to serve lemonade to bicycling missionaries peddling religion and door-to-door salesmen vending off-brand straw brooms manufactured by Chinese Communist peasants. But I'm wrapped up in a libertarian pipedream that holds fast to a few fundamentals...

"No other rights are safe where property is not safe."

-- Daniel Webster

"They who have no property can have no freedom."

--Stephen Hopkins, Rhode Island, 1764

"The moment that idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the Laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist."

-- John Adams

I might be way off base...but I know I am not wrong that even now, were you to say, "Hey, Fat, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion. I didn't think it was any big deal to offer my opinion on the subject that you asked about. I am sorry that I irked you. Would you please unban 1004399?" that the ban would be lifted and you could enjoy "A" server again.

Chief

Edited by Chief

<curious about logs>

You should know...you can't say anything here!

Hehehe, I probably have deserved about 100 temp bans or at least kiks...ahm just lucky so far I guess :D

I might be the only Mmmm that had the gaul (or is it gall?) to kick you, g00t! :)

I must say you took it like a tropper.

To DA: Hope this gets settled for you. I have enjoyed your competition many times. But I must say that, in the past, you wouldnt shrink from the occasional whine. Of course I stand behind Fatty (great hiding place) in this situation and until he contributes to the conversation have nothing really to add.

Except that you didnt follow the guidelines "Glood" to the top of this forum :P