Problems with Hordes

Static

Man i love writing posts on the forum i always get the right response so he goes another

when I buy Hordes most of the time I never get a horde not even the backround cry which I'm guessing means that its been used recently and some times I hear the horde cry and not even one common shows up and yet 10 points are still taken away I would love a system where it lets you purchase hordes only when they are avalible, I know i need to listen out for them but cant understand why the second part i said doesnt happen :wacko: .

When are you buying these hoards? Cause im pretty sure some parts of the game are coded so that no Hoards may spawn until either a timer happens or a player reaches a point.

Would have to try and code a check in the plugin like, if the player bought the hoard, and did the hoard spawn? if no, refund points.

Just a thought, would be cool though if you made hordes cost like 30 points but when someone bought you would get like hundreds of all kinds of zombies at once.

Still, all it takes is 1 molotov. Maybe if we spent 20 pts to get fire-resistant hordes, that would be well worth it

• Like 2

When are you buying these hoards? Cause im pretty sure some parts of the game are coded so that no Hoards may spawn until either a timer happens or a player reaches a point.

Would have to try and code a check in the plugin like, if the player bought the hoard, and did the hoard spawn? if no, refund points.

this.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2009/ai_systems_of_l4d_mike_booth.pdf

Populating via Structured Unpredictability

• Not purely random, nor deterministically uniform

• Population functions where space and/or time varies based

on designer-defined amount of randomization

• Example: Mob spawns

• Occur at randomized interval between 90 and 180 seconds

• Located at randomized spot “behind” the Survivor team

Just a thought, would be cool though if you made hordes cost like 30 points but when someone bought you would get like hundreds of all kinds of zombies at once.

Still, all it takes is 1 molotov. Maybe if we spent 20 pts to get fire-resistant hordes, that would be well worth it

I'd consider buying the horde if they were fire resistant.

Perfect example of this is when you leave the gun shop to make your way to the supermarket. No hordes spawn at all until the event gets triggered. That's why Boomers are useless there.

Well since a firework crate costs only 3 points, and to that a 10 point spend for a regular horde is pretty much useless...why not just change it to fire-resitant horde for 15 points each trigger.

OR

Simply add a trigger to turn on fire-resistant hordes worth 20 points, once activated all regular hordes worth 10 points each will be fire-resistant!

• Like 1