Thinking of Changing Ammo...Also Witches

JackieChan

Not ammo for guns, so don't freak out about that.

I'm talking about buying ammo and existing ammo piles in the game.

My idea is having limited full ammo purchases, and completely getting rid of ammo piles in the game.

So this idea would entail having a limited amount of personal full ammo purchases, BUT you can buy ammo piles for your team if they need it. I'm thinking it would make teamwork and communication even more necessary than it already is. Survivors would start with I think would be fair 2 personal ammo refills. However, buying an ammo pile drop can be purchased as many times as you want and would also be about 3 times as expensive (so 9 points for a pile drop).

Thoughts? Negative/Positive feedback?

Neutral Feedback: I noticed if you use an M60, the !ammo cost is like 8 or 9 points. Was that intended? If that's the case and it was intended, then I would recommend that the ammo pile disappear the moment someone with a grenade launcher or an M60 uses it. And if the ammo has already been used by others with smaller weapons, then the users of the M60 or grenade launcher cannot use the ammo pile.

Edit: Also for finales, would there still be an ammo pile or no? I would recommend that we at least keep that ammo pile for the finales.

Edited by Fenix

Reguardless if an ammo pile is in the level or spawned at the feet of a survivor, by the games mechanics, L4D2 will not allow the M60 or the Grenade Launcher to grab ammo from said dump.

Back to the topic, I kind of support this idea but I wouldn't say remove all ammo dumps, maybe leave those at the finalies and the beginning saferoom.

Reguardless if an ammo pile is in the level or spawned at the feet of a survivor, by the games mechanics, L4D2 will not allow the M60 or the Grenade Launcher to grab ammo from said dump.

Actually it does, it's a mechanic we already have. Our great wizards enabled it.

As for the ammo pile thingy, i say try it. If it turns out bad we can always remove it again. So far a lot of suggestions have paid off.

Had another idea regarding Dangerous Witches (edited topic title):

Have it a timed upgrade. Once someone buys Dangerous Witches, it will last for...3-5 minutes, then Witches will no longer be Dangerous...until someone buys them again. If this does happen though, the price for the upgrade will go down.

the only input I have for a witch buff lasting for a certain amount of time is it will cause some survivors to lollygag so that they don't have to deal with the scary witches, while this could be nice for infected as the survivors aren't moving, if they find a nice spot to make a stand, maps could start lasting a lot longer... don't know if it will happen just a concern of what might.

Don't nerf the witch thing... The Director nerfs it enough with bizzare placement variables anyway. There's always a good chance that 30 pt witch is going to spawn on the roof of a building well outside the map. Telling the Survs its even on is nerf enough. I've fought a well made team that designated a "Crowner" to handle them. Worked very well. And that was even a "daytime" team.

As for the ammo... That's gonna bite me hard. My tactic of Buy and M16+laser and hold the trigger would have to be adjusted.

im up for removing ammo piles, because some people have gone back/forward in maps for those said ammo piles only to die because they went alone. I think they are fine in finales though since their placement on finales tend to be hit spots for inf most of the time.

also, was something added for the witches to go for mains only? because it wasnt like that before but yesterday mains kept repeatedly dying even though they were not the ones to startle the witches.

Edited by oakgyrl510

I like the witches the way it is now. I think its a decent alternative to tanks, especially on certain maps. I think you have it about right with point cost, etc.

I don't know about the ammo thing. I dont like the idea of not being able to buy ammo when i want it (well I guess I still could, but it would cost triple the points). when playing with a team of all members/regulars, it would be okay I guess. but when a lot of new players are on, will any of them buy ammo piles? Its difficult enough to get them to buy a heal.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra ammo piles on the maps and adding the buy ammo pile as a buy option, I just don't really like the idea of losing the ability to fill my gun for 3 points.

• Like 1

I like the ammo pile idea, but what do you mean about giving each survivor a limited ammo refill - ie 2 times. Would they cost 3 pts each for a max of 6 pts for 2 refills and then the option no longer works?

The ammo pile idea sounds great because it would be a point in the map where survivors would crowd around leaving them open to a great payoff for a boom, charge and high pounce. Also would give another minor use for the spitters. Plus, it would be another necessary sizable point sink for the survivors. .

This is a bit off topic, but I always found it weird that picking up ammo for your gun from a pile is instantaneous. I kinda wish it took the same amount of time as deploying fire/explosive rounds. I think that would be cool and would make those deployable ammo piles even more of a hotspot.

I think the witches are fine the way they are. Increasing witch cost up to 30 after dangerous witches is activated in addition to warning survivors were very strong nerfs. I actually think the 10 pt increase is actually a little too strong of a nerf, considering their low health and easy crownability. Plus, I can see the problems Tirtul described as being a real possibility.

Can there be a Dangerous Witch unannounce for 10 pts just like the tank?