The hunt for a new mouse

Madvillain

So my Razer DeathAdder is finally dying after 4 years of use, it was a good run little buddy...

So begins my hunt for a new mouse. I have already purchased two to test, obviously returning both or the one I don't like. I have just now connected the first and type this as the software/drivers install.

I have purchased are the newer version of the Razer DeathAdder being that I like the size, 5 buttons (including scroll wheel clicks) is enough for me and my last one served me faithfully for so long. I have also purchased the newly released Logitech G502 Proteus Core, which had some shining reviews from hardware sites, it has a great sensor, it can be tuned to my current mouse pad and I kind of miss owning a Logitech mouse... The G502 is the mouse I have just installed drivers for and so far it is comfortable and has a good weight (without even adding weights yet). I did consider a Roccat Kore XMD based off of solid reviews but even though it is a right handed mouse the feel/look if it looks like it should be for those evil lefties out there.

DeathAdder 2013: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153114

G502: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104934

I am open to suggestions from the community on a good mouse. I will state that I refuse to spend more than $100 for a mouse. I do not want/need a MMO mouse, my fat thumb can't accurately select one of those tiny 1-10 buttons. Along with the fat thumb I have a large paw for a hand so no tiny/sissy mice either. I would prefer wired so that I don't have to deal with batteries and it will be connected to my desktop.

DUAL-MODE SCROLL WHEEL
An improved version of Logitech’s exclusive dual-mode scroll wheel gives you enhanced click-to-click precision for gaming and hyper-fast speeds for flying through long web pages.

Yeah, I have to hyper-fast scroll to the bottom so I can type "TL:DR".

Right now I have a G700 and it's been great. I have one of the Logitech mouse pads that are the tuned surfaces, or whatever they are called. Maybe I'll buy the G502 when it's on sale.

I've used the Deathadder for a couple years and always loved it. Recently switched to the Deathadder 2013 edition and I love it even more. Love the updates that they did to it.

Also really like Razers software.

I've recommended the Razer Deathadder 2013 edition to people before.

Let me know what you think about it

I use an older Deathadder but soon will get a Zowie FK, since it's my dream mouse. Not a fan of Razers new driver system.

Getting a mouse really depends on hand size, grip and material of mouse pad.

Here are some popular mice.

Deathadder

Zowie AM/FK/EC EVO

Steelseries Sensei

Roccat Kone

Mionix Naos

Microsoft Intellimouse

I really wanted to try the Roccat Kone but it just doesn't feel right... it feels like it should be a left handed mouse...

The 2013 DeathAdder is great but I am digging this G502 Proteus Core a bit more I think, still got some time left to make up my mind.

I've had a Logitech G9X, Deathadder 2013, Naga Epic, and Zowie AM. DA 2013 has the best form factor. Razer Synapse is great for the DA 2013, especially if you own a razer mousepad and configure synapse to recognize it.

Zowie AM tracks better than any of the other mice (the Razer Naga is terrible for FPS's compared to all the rest). I would go with a Zowie given how great the tracking feels, its simple design, and 0 drivers. Maybe check out the Zowie EC1: http://www.amazon.com/ZOWIE-Buttons-Wheel-Optical-Gaming/dp/B00H6FCY6A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398093945&sr=8-2&keywords=zowie+ec1

Awesome options everyone, I appreciate the input. I am going to return my DeathAdder 2013 today but keep the G502.

I think I will head to the interwebz, push my way through all of the cats, and check out some of the recommendations like the Zowie or the Mionix.

There are so many good gaming mice out there now. The best answer is really, which one fits your hand, grip style the best. :)

My buddy just got a roccat and loves it. Like I said before, I love my deathadder 2013 because fits my play style. I also have a razer keyboard and as Bara mentioned, the synapses is awesome.

• 8 months later...